April 2017 Car Rentals

Everyone seems to be moving to Thrifty, I wanted to share a code I found.

Allied Business Network appears to be a legit discount site. I've signed up for them and used a code for a steep discount on a hotel near Disney in January, no problems at all. The code is a 7% discount, not too bad especially since their rates are so much lower than Alamo.
http://www.abnsave.com/discounts/car-rentals/thrifty-car-rental/

Just booked Thrifty for 4/24-4/30. $113 for a compact. Does anyone know if Thrifty charges for a 2nd driver or if there's a free 2nd driver coupon out there somewhere?

Alamo rates continue to drop. Started my 'journey' at $344. Today rebooked yet again for $314. Getting closer to my $300 goal. Of course, if it goes lower I'll take that! :-)

Just booked Thrifty for 4/24-4/30. $113 for a compact. Does anyone know if Thrifty charges for a 2nd driver or if there's a free 2nd driver coupon out there somewhere?

Thrifty charges for the 2nd driver. I haven't found a coupon yet which gives it you but maybe one is out there.

Fellow April/May travelers....just booked Alamo 4/23 to 5/3 for $167.58 all in. I used my AP discount, it would not take the $25 coupon. This is for a "Sporty" vehicle....any feed back on just what they offer in this class would be appreciated. It says a Dodge Challenger or similar.

We are looking April 29-May 6th and found Thrifty through AAA to be the best right now. Family of 5 so looking at a Standard SUV for 241 or a van for 297.

ETA: just checked Alamo and they have a van for 299.

Everyone seems to be moving to Thrifty, I wanted to share a code I found.

Allied Business Network appears to be a legit discount site. I've signed up for them and used a code for a steep discount on a hotel near Disney in January, no problems at all. The code is a 7% discount, not too bad especially since their rates are so much lower than Alamo.
http://www.abnsave.com/discounts/car-rentals/thrifty-car-rental/

I was wondering about that code. I had found it, it took like $6 off my $145 rental, but I wasn't sure about using it. Since it was a corporate code, I was nervous that they would ask me for something specific when I picked up the car. I might try to edit my current reservation and add it, but I'm not going to worry too much about the $6 if I can't. Currently, with that code my full size is up to $200.35. So whomever got the great rates last week lucked out as they are rising again. Alamo still really high, although a minivan is the cheapest car right now for my dates, but that's still at $282 with $25 coupon, but that's a good price for a minivan.

ETA: Nope, Updating my current $145 reservation to add this code didn't work. Gave me the $200 price. Kept my car without the coupon.

April 29th to May 6th inclusive (8 days)

Pick up/drop off at FLL

SUV with Alamo: $228

Booked via carrentalsavers.com

:confused3Help! I've been monitoring car rental rates for 4 months now and I can't get anything under $350 for my dates. Pick up at TPA 4/11 and drop off at MCO 4/18. I'm still hopeful, but jeeesh!

As far as I know Thrifty does a free additional driver if you rent with AAA. they have really beat the competition this Spring. I usually can work with Alamo but they have been consistently high.

Even AAA is $371 w/taxes. That was with Hertz which was the cheapest...if you can believe that! lol!

:confused3Help! I've been monitoring car rental rates for 4 months now and I can't get anything under $350 for my dates. Pick up at TPA 4/11 and drop off at MCO 4/18. I'm still hopeful, but jeeesh!

If u use 15000 Disney pass holder code the 30 dollar off coupon AD2365FDN and product code AS1 a economy car come to 290.32. Still not great but might help.

As far as I know Thrifty does a free additional driver if you rent with AAA. they have really beat the competition this Spring. I usually can work with Alamo but they have been consistently high.

This is true but using the AAA rate made the price higher than Alamo. $330 with AAA $140 without AAA. It would be cheaper to pay the $10 a day charge.

30 dollar off coupon AD2365FDN

I looked up this coupon and it's an AOPA membership club which is for pilots or pilots in training. Did you actually join it? They do have a free membership for six months. My husband always wanted to be a pilot. Does that count? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Looks like prices dropped for about a week and they are back to crazy again! I checked this morning and my $145 all in Full Size from Thrifty is now over $300! Glad I caught the cheap rental when I did. Good luck to everyone!!

I'm late to the game as we only just decided to fly instead of drive. Everything is so expensive! There's nothing under $400 for our dates, 4/29-5/10. Ugh. Fingers crossed that rates start to drop in the next few weeks.

I still hoping that rates drop but I am starting to make other plans just in case. Even a one day car rental is $100.

Just checked Alamo for the weekend of April 28th thru May1st. Mid size SUV jumped from $43.94 to $130 a day!! :scared: Wow just Wow. :sad2:

My reservation just dropped $35 using the $25 coupon listed earlier in the thread and the Orlando Magic Card code. Finally under $300!! Let's keep going down!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter