April 2017 Car Rentals

I need a car for one day. Last week in April. Limitation is wanting to rent at MCO and return on site (Hotel Blvd or Disney car care are fine - I can walk). $100 is too much for one day. I do not care what size it is or type - even a standard is fine.

Just got a Luxury car rental at Alamo for $266 through Costco for 7 days and 23 hours. Luxury was cheaper than any other car category. Dates are 4/17-4/25.

It might be best to verify that your auto insurance covers the luxury car.

Same goes for the credit card if you use it for (the car rental insurance benefit)

I don't mean to be a downer . . I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

It might be best to verify that your auto insurance covers the luxury car.

Same goes for the credit card if you use it for (the car rental insurance benefit)

I don't mean to be a downer . . I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Thanks so much for mentioning this. We actually own a "luxury" SUV so our insurance agent said we would be fine. Also double checked with Amex & they said we were covered unless we were renting something valued at over 75k or a true luxury vehicle like a Porsche. Always good to check though!

Last edited:
for those of you going around Easter....i think we are all screwed!...:D...i was lucky enough to book a full size SUV a couple of months back for $505 for the week...I check every other day and it only keeps getting worse, no matter what coupons, discounts, etc, that I use. I am going to keep trying, but something tells me that due to the Easter week holidays, the rental car companies are going to make hay while the sun shines!

for those of you going around Easter....i think we are all screwed!...:D...i was lucky enough to book a full size SUV a couple of months back for $505 for the week...I check every other day and it only keeps getting worse, no matter what coupons, discounts, etc, that I use. I am going to keep trying, but something tells me that due to the Easter week holidays, the rental car companies are going to make hay while the sun shines!

I agree. We often travel to FL during Easter, and this is the worst that we have seen it. Good luck to everyone!

I am hoping rates drop as we get closer. Rental cars have become more expensive in the last year though. We used to get some really good deals in Orlando but it seems those days are past.

It's insane. This is our 3rd or 4th time in 5 aprils going at Easter time. The first 2 we drove so a rental wasn't an issue. Last year we paid $240 for a minivan for 10 days but that was after Easter.

Oh well...I won't be putting the miles on my car driving from aft. Myers to Maration, Ft. Myers to adventure island, ft. Myers to manasota key x2 and where ever else we go.

My DH is a Massachusetts teacher and so we are also traveling 4/15-4/22, which is also Easter week. I'm seeing $600+ including taxes for minivans for that week. It has to be a minivan as there are 6 of us. We are picking up out of the Tampa airport as most of our vacation is going to be relaxing on a St Petersburg Beach (with a nice jaunt up to Universal). So, should I hang in and expect these prices to get lower or do you think with Easter being that week that this is as low as it'll go? We usually go to WDW April vacation and use Disney transportation so the car rental part is new for me.

Hi Tatty- I don't know if you've had any luck, but Thrifty currently has mini-vans under "Hot Deal Rate" (like Dollar's City Specials) 4/15-4/22 for $485 plus tax. Edit: I see you are all set at $617 with Alamo!

Reading through this thread, I think I got incredibly lucky! Last week, I booked a compact car through Avis for $158 for Apr 5-10, using one of the Mousesavers codes (H749900). I just checked again and it's now $433, with a specialty car being the cheapest at $335.

Also looking for rates for the end of April. I cannot believe how high they are this year.:scared::scared1:

My Dollar rental from Hotel Plaza blvd. just dropped slightly.....checked all other avenues and they are still sky high!

Cheapest rate I've gotten so far for 4/21-4/29 was from Alamo, Full Size at $214 all in. Was hoping for a little less for a Mid-sized, but no luck so far. No coupons either. Most I've seen are only good until the end of each month I've been looking in (ie right now most coupons only good through Feb/early March). Will keep checking. Would like to get it under $200, but am happy with what I have considering the prices now are sky high, well over $350.

Just a heads up for fellow April/May travelers....I check my Alamo rate daily (OK several times a day...lol) and just for the heck of it I checked Dollar and the rates there for a prepaid for my dates 4/23 to 5/3 for a compact were $244.00 all in. I have a car booked with Alamo for $220.00 all in for a standard which I booked months ago but of course hoping it goes down the closer we get. The prepaid rate with Dollar can be cancelled within 48 hours of pickup. Hope this helps someone...the rates are ridiculously high this year.I paid $150.00 last year for the same amount of days.

Cheapest rate I've gotten so far for 4/21-4/29 was from Alamo, Full Size at $214 all in. Was hoping for a little less for a Mid-sized, but no luck so far. No coupons either. Most I've seen are only good until the end of each month I've been looking in (ie right now most coupons only good through Feb/early March). Will keep checking. Would like to get it under $200, but am happy with what I have considering the prices now are sky high, well over $350.

Were traveling the same dates! We always go down sort of around Easter, and even so have never seen rates this high. The best I've gotten was a Sporty or Premium from Alamo for $272 using the AP rate code and this $25 coupon (AD2823JAZ). The rate you've got for a fullsize is way better than I've found for anything.

Were traveling the same dates! We always go down sort of around Easter, and even so have never seen rates this high. The best I've gotten was a Sporty or Premium from Alamo for $272 using the AP rate code and this $25 coupon (AD2823JAZ). The rate you've got for a fullsize is way better than I've found for anything.

I used the Orlando Magic card coupon code I think. My reservation says Contract ID - Visit Orlando Promotions with a Product Code of AW8M. I tried to add your $25 coupon, but came out with the same rate. Keep checking, I know I will! Rates change ALL the time. Enjoy your vacation. Love Disney that time of year and the Flower & Garden Fest is amazing!!

My enterprise rate just dropped and then I checked rates on Alamo and got a great deal on a mid size SUV. Check today if you price watching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter