April 2017 Car Rentals

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Just a heads up for all Spring 2017 travelers. I booked a car for my DH 3/10 to 3/19 with Alamo for $209.00 all in. Just used Alamo's Insider with no coupons. I have a fullsize car for 4/23 to 5/3 for $254.00 all in. These are not great prices but ones we can live with if prices don't drop.

It seems that Alamo rotates which type of car is on special. I've been watching April 2017 for a few weeks now. Seems to rotate their less expensive rentals between Standard, Premium, midsize and I even saw electric. The prices are pretty good right now. I was able to get a full week rental (full size car) for under $200 including taxes and fees with just Alamo Insiders, no other discounts.

A word of warning with Alamo. I had a terrible experience with them this past September. I booked our car early, in April 2016, using an insider's code and another code I got from the September 2016 Car Watch thread here on the Dis. When I went to pick up my car, they wanted to charge me $75 more than my reserved rate. I showed them my confirmation email and they told me I must have used a coupon to book that expired by the time I went to pick up the car. They would not honor the reserved price but a manager found some coupons in the back that she let me use. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. Not saying anyone else will have the same experience, but share our experience.

I'm looking for a car for the last week of April. Probably won't go with Alamo. ;)

When we picked up our Alamo car in April, we had the 2nd driver free and as I was about to sign it, I looked and saw they added the 2nd driver. My DH showed them the print out and the apologized and fixed it. It can happen any where.

Anyone else have any codes or deals they have come across?

We need a full-size car (to accomodate an ECV) for 10 days in late April through early May.

Already tried Hertz which is outrageously expensive even with a discount code.

The rates are horrifying. Over $400 at Alamo, Budget & Avis...my normal go-tos. April 2 -8.

The rates have been absurd for the past month or two! In all of my past trips with a rental car, I've never paid more than $170 for an 8 day rental standard or full size! Even had a mid-sized SUV for our last trip. Right now, the price is around $500. I have a reservation for $300 that I got a few months ago, you know, just to have something, like we all do as good planners. But what is going on?

Anyone getting good rates for the month? Unfortunately, I'm tied to the week of April Vacation up here in MA (April 15-22) because my whole family is going, and we have a couple of teachers in the mix. I expected higher prices, but not THIS much higher.

Another one starting to plan for April. Originally we were driving down and then SW fares dropped if we changed our dates a little. Now looking for 4/5-12:scared1:

The rates have been absurd for the past month or two! In all of my past trips with a rental car, I've never paid more than $170 for an 8 day rental standard or full size! Even had a mid-sized SUV for our last trip. Right now, the price is around $500. I have a reservation for $300 that I got a few months ago, you know, just to have something, like we all do as good planners. But what is going on?

Anyone getting good rates for the month? Unfortunately, I'm tied to the week of April Vacation up here in MA (April 15-22) because my whole family is going, and we have a couple of teachers in the mix. I expected higher prices, but not THIS much higher.

My DH is a Massachusetts teacher and so we are also traveling 4/15-4/22, which is also Easter week. I'm seeing $600+ including taxes for minivans for that week. It has to be a minivan as there are 6 of us. We are picking up out of the Tampa airport as most of our vacation is going to be relaxing on a St Petersburg Beach (with a nice jaunt up to Universal). So, should I hang in and expect these prices to get lower or do you think with Easter being that week that this is as low as it'll go? We usually go to WDW April vacation and use Disney transportation so the car rental part is new for me.

My DH is a Massachusetts teacher and so we are also traveling 4/15-4/22, which is also Easter week. I'm seeing $600+ including taxes for minivans for that week. It has to be a minivan as there are 6 of us. We are picking up out of the Tampa airport as most of our vacation is going to be relaxing on a St Petersburg Beach (with a nice jaunt up to Universal). So, should I hang in and expect these prices to get lower or do you think with Easter being that week that this is as low as it'll go? We usually go to WDW April vacation and use Disney transportation so the car rental part is new for me.

Tatty- We are renting a mini-van out of TPA for the same timeframe. The best rate I have found is $419 for 9 days through Alamo. I would find the best current rate that you can (cancelable) and keep on looking. Due to the holiday, chances are the rates are unlikely to improve, but you never know. You may want to rent two smaller cars, if that is an option for you.

The following currently offers a mini-van for 7 days $617 total that you can cancel:
  • Use Corporate Discount code 7016220 for a special discount from Alamo. Good in Florida only. Source: Orlando Magicard. Just in case, we would recommend taking a Magicard with you when you pick up the car. Click here to download a FREE Orlando Magicard instantly online. Thanks to Judy S for info.

Tatty- We are renting a mini-van out of TPA for the same timeframe. The best rate I have found is $419 for 9 days through Alamo. I would find the best current rate that you can (cancelable) and keep on looking. Due to the holiday, chances are the rates are unlikely to improve, but you never know. You may want to rent two smaller cars, if that is an option for you.

The following currently offers a mini-van for 7 days $617 total that you can cancel:
  • Use Corporate Discount code 7016220 for a special discount from Alamo. Good in Florida only. Source: Orlando Magicard. Just in case, we would recommend taking a Magicard with you when you pick up the car. Click here to download a FREE Orlando Magicard instantly online. Thanks to Judy S for info.

Thx. So I booked through Alamo for $617 for thweek with DH teacher discount. I can cancel anytime. 2 smaller cars doesn't actually save us much money (I looked) bc I don't like driving the tiny economy cars and even 2 mid size cars ends up more than 1 minivan. My parents can drive, but would rather just be passengers so I think the minivan is best. My parents are horrible with directions even with GPS and even worse with following another car. It's easier to be together! At this point, I'm just accepting the potential 600 cost and just being glad I'm going to be in Florida!

I haven't had to rent a car in a while, and need one for 4/8/17 - 4/15/17. Can someone confirm for me that the companies that include a spouse driver for free are: Avis, Budget and Enterprise?

I haven't had to rent a car in a while, and need one for 4/8/17 - 4/15/17. Can someone confirm for me that the companies that include a spouse driver for free are: Avis, Budget and Enterprise?
I know Budget does for sure and I think Alamo does also....other than that I am not sure....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter