April 2017 Car Rentals

I am so glad we booked when we did, ours has been over $600 for a while, we are paying in the mid $500s. Easter week/leading up to Easter, 10 days and a minivan.

Just checking in. We changed our dates so our great rate I booked last August is not working for our new dates. Booked under hubby's work corporate code for National for 293 for Emerald Aisle. Hoping to get it lower than that though!Only need standard size car.

Price for renting for 4/21-4/29 still way high. Yesterday I booked a one day car for $100. Today I looked and it is down to $55 so maybe there will be some positive movement soon.

Everything is still over $500 for our 11 day rental. I'd be happy with $400 at this point. We have a three resort split stay, I need these rates to come down so I don't have to rely on Disney.

Everything is still over $500 for our 11 day rental. I'd be happy with $400 at this point. We have a three resort split stay, I need these rates to come down so I don't have to rely on Disney.

We are doing 3 resort split stay as well. If the prices don't go down we are planning on using Uber for our resort transfers.

Prices for me just keep dropping. I am now down to:

$150 for a full size (Alamo, with costco code and $25 coupon)
$172 for a premium (Dollar, no codes/coupons)
$182.50 for an SUV (Thrifty, booked via carrentalsavers.com)

April 29th to May 6th inclusive (8 days), pick up/drop off at FLL

So fiddling with my times today I found I can save $50 by listing my pick up and drop off time the same. I would realistically be picking up 30 minutes earlier than I may reserve the car far - how much more would they likely charge me if I'm a little early?

So fiddling with my times today I found I can save $50 by listing my pick up and drop off time the same. I would realistically be picking up 30 minutes earlier than I may reserve the car far - how much more would they likely charge me if I'm a little early?

That fifty bucks will be because they're charging you for an extra day. You can actually turn up and start your rental any time of the day you like, but the time you start the rental is when the clock starts ticking. If you rent for an exact multiple of 24 hours, you're golden. But if you rent for, say, 5 days and 30 minutes, you'll get charged for the extra day.

There is SOMETIMES a grace period where you can return it a little late without charge, but I'd not rely on that. The past thing you want is to get hit with an unexpected charge..

That fifty bucks will be because they're charging you for an extra day. You can actually turn up and start your rental any time of the day you like, but the time you start the rental is when the clock starts ticking. If you rent for an exact multiple of 24 hours, you're golden. But if you rent for, say, 5 days and 30 minutes, you'll get charged for the extra day.

There is SOMETIMES a grace period where you can return it a little late without charge, but I'd not rely on that. The past thing you want is to get hit with an unexpected charge..
That makes perfect sense, thank you. I'd gladly pay the extra day if prices come down to a reasonable amount. Even 'cheaper' now is still $455. Ugh.

That makes perfect sense, thank you. I'd gladly pay the extra day if prices come down to a reasonable amount. Even 'cheaper' now is still $455. Ugh.

Yea, I hear you. If prices stay as they are for our trip, I'm going to stick with Uber/Lyft..

I've been waiting for a price drop, but haven't seen one yet. 4/1-4/9 (9 day rental) - best deal I have is $317 for a convertible with Avis. Wen don't need a convertible, but it is so far the cheapest rental reservation I was able to get and it was thru Costco. Rental prices have really increased lately.

I've been waiting for a price drop, but haven't seen one yet. 4/1-4/9 (9 day rental) - best deal I have is $317 for a convertible with Avis. Wen don't need a convertible, but it is so far the cheapest rental reservation I was able to get and it was thru Costco. Rental prices have really increased lately.

We got really lucky. The week of March 1st (or right around then) Thrifty's prices dropped dramatically. My rental (Full Size, All In, 9 days 4/21-4/29) dropped $70 down to $145. And after that it has done nothing but increase - same car now is over $350! Keep checking, daily, you never know when prices will drop. Good luck!

We got really lucky. The week of March 1st (or right around then) Thrifty's prices dropped dramatically. My rental (Full Size, All In, 9 days 4/21-4/29) dropped $70 down to $145. And after that it has done nothing but increase - same car now is over $350! Keep checking, daily, you never know when prices will drop. Good luck!

I have been checking daily for a couple of months now and have not had much luck. I think the rate is high because the last few days of our trip are hitting the beginning of Easter/Passover school vacation. I'll keep checking but the prices keep getting higher. I should feel lucky - the convertible rentals (Dollar) are now going for almost $3000!!! Who pays that kind of money?!?!?

Standard Convertible - Details
Ford Mustang Convertible
(or similar)
Person_4.gif
Luggage_2.gif
KPL_0.gif
BF795527DC1E4C4F98F6A7F396769A92.gif

$1,099.00 (USD) per Week
$1,745.33 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Now
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

$1,900.00 (USD) per Week
$2,991.75 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Later
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

I Booked on Alamo.ca using AS1 code and 25 dollar coupon. The prices are way cheaper if you put Canadian resident as I am.

OMG! Thank you so much for this! I had an Avis reservation for $153 (compact) which I thought was great price bc it also includes an additional driver. Now I have an Alamo compact for $103.50 using the Costco code (which includes additional driver), AS1 code and $25 coupon! I'm Cdn too so every penny counts with the horrible exchange!

ETA: My dates are Apr 4-10

I have been checking daily for a couple of months now and have not had much luck. I think the rate is high because the last few days of our trip are hitting the beginning of Easter/Passover school vacation. I'll keep checking but the prices keep getting higher. I should feel lucky - the convertible rentals (Dollar) are now going for almost $3000!!! Who pays that kind of money?!?!?

Standard Convertible - Details
Ford Mustang Convertible
(or similar)
Person_4.gif
Luggage_2.gif
KPL_0.gif
BF795527DC1E4C4F98F6A7F396769A92.gif

$1,099.00 (USD) per Week
$1,745.33 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Now
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

$1,900.00 (USD) per Week
$2,991.75 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Later
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

I saw the prices of the convertibles when I checked my rate yesterday! :crazy2: I could never imagine paying that unless I had money to burn! Hopefully you find some sort of discount and get a little better rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter