April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

DH and I did the Exotic Rasul (then Surial). Although I enjoyed it very much (I'm a lizard), DH could only handle about 30 minutes of it. He can't hack the steam and heat.

:sunny: We are currently booked on the 2/17/07 one but need to move to April vacation 4/14/07. I hope my sister's school has the same week. We are from CT, some Red Sox fans, some Yankee fans. It will be me, DH, DD15, my sister, her DH, DD13 and DS5, and our parents.

Both Sis and I have been on several Disney cruises. I have been on the Eastern and we did the Mexican Riviera from LA in 2005 which was great. I think she has done West and East. I have also done Norwegian and Princess (Crown the cruise before she tipped over...)

Welcome Catnip0113....we're glad you're joining us in April. You must be from somewhere in the center of CT seeing that you are half Yankees fans and half Red Sox fans. Where in CT are you from? We're from Cheshire.
:woohoo:

Hi!

Just adding myself and my husband to the list. :wave2:

This is our first cruise. We decided to take the plunge and booked it last night. Needless to say, we are very excited about this adventure.

It's nice to know that we can come here and find people who are in the exact situation of counting the days and waiting for April to roll around.

Keep smiling!!!

We just booked this cruise yesterday also. Just returned from WDW yesterday! Had to plan my next disney fix! it will be myself and DH,kids ages 14,5,and 2. Can't wait! Angel

:rainbow: Welcome Catnip, All American, and Frankiesmom! :rainbow:

I'm supposed to be packing to move and instead I'm daydreaming about floating in the Caribbean!

Frankiesmom-- How did you like BDW? Did you spend some time exploring the boadwalk itself? We stayed at the Swan a couple years ago and still couldn't make the time to get over there. This time we'll be at BCV, and I def. plan on getting there sometime. :moped:

Hi Pershing! This was our 1st trip as DVC members. The boardwalk was very nice;but to me this trip was missing something. We usually stay at the POLY-my favorite! Maybe it was not being able to see the castle at nite or the electrical water parade-just not as magical this time to me. I really did enjoy the trip-but it was just different. Can't wait for the cruise! Angel

Frankiesmom said:
Hi Pershing! This was our 1st trip as DVC members. The boardwalk was very nice;but to me this trip was missing something. We usually stay at the POLY-my favorite! Maybe it was not being able to see the castle at nite or the electrical water parade-just not as magical this time to me. I really did enjoy the trip-but it was just different. Can't wait for the cruise! Angel

OOOh! I know what you mean! We stayed at WLD last fall and loved the location (and the ducks outside our window each morning).

My kids want to have SAB but they want the ducks and WLD. I keep telling them they can't have both.

Hey Pershing, I am leaving on Saturday for my family vacation on the Cape. Was wondering if you know if there are any water parks around. DS5 asked if there was I only know of the one when you first get in to the Cape. I am staying in Dennis and don't really feel like driving back 45 minutes. But of I will if I have to. Any info would be great Thanks Tom

You're thinking of Water Wizz and yeah that's the only water park in the Cape's vicinity.

I would encourage DSS to pick up a boogie board and head to a beach like Nauset on the Ocean. You know, God's natural wave pool! :thumbsup2

The Ocean's been pretty warm, but the wind has kicked up today so bring sweaters. Sorry to say the traffic is miserable. :( I went to Hyannis yesterday for a doctor's appointment and ran into slowdown's everywhere.

Hope you have a great VK. If you're in Orleans, stop at The Hot Chocolate Sparrow and say hi!

Sue L.

I also live in MA and go to the Cape frequently (my mom has a place there). We have made a trip to Water Wizz in Wareham each summer since 2002 and went there two weeks ago. It was so disappointing this year! The bathrooms have always been a little suspect (smelly and wet floors), but this year was worse than others. We also found the camp and club day trip kids to be unsupervised and they were pushy and obnoxious. My kids are 6 and 7 and I was with them at all times and the "camp kids" were constantly pushing them out of the way. The people at the lazy river were pretty good about correcting them, but the mat slides were completely chaotic and the kids were so rude. The wave pool was scary as well, my kids are good swimmers, but I never left their side because the unsupervised kids were everywhere and kept raming into us, so I ended up being a human shield. It was so dissapointing as we've always had a good time, but I doubt it'll be on our "to do" list for next summer... just a heads up for you!

pershing said:
You're thinking of Water Wizz and yeah that's the only water park in the Cape's vicinity.

I would encourage DSS to pick up a boogie board and head to a beach like Nauset on the Ocean. You know, God's natural wave pool! :thumbsup2

The Ocean's been pretty warm, but the wind has kicked up today so bring sweaters. Sorry to say the traffic is miserable. :( I went to Hyannis yesterday for a doctor's appointment and ran into slowdown's everywhere.

Hope you have a great VK. If you're in Orleans, stop at The Hot Chocolate Sparrow and say hi!

Sue L.
First thing that went into the car were the boogie boards. My kids live on them on the Cape. Just looking for a day trip, told the kids we will do the bumber boats and go-karts in harwich instead. Just as happy. Also will be that way on thurs when i play golf at the Captains course will try to stop by.
Also MKJMom thanks for the info, One thing I loved about Typhoon lagoon is that there are CM's there to help the smaller kids so they don't get pushed around.

Had to switch to the 4/28. Sorry guys! Have fun with the planning and keep the ship warm for us!

My DD6 and I are going on our first cruise. We are so excited. This is our spring break in Maine, the Patriots day thing. We are traveling with my parents who will be first time cruisers as well. Looking forward to talking with fellow cruisers. :)

MEdisneyfan said:
My DD6 and I are going on our first cruise. We are so excited. This is our spring break in Maine, the Patriots day thing. We are traveling with my parents who will be first time cruisers as well. Looking forward to talking with fellow cruisers. :)

Welcome MEdisneyfan! :wave:

Don't ya just love Patriot's Day now! :sunny: I can't wait for it to come around again next year!

Frankiesmom-sorry you had to switch :( Hope you have a lovely cruise. :cloud9:

Thanks for the welcome. My DD and I have already looked at planning excursions. :banana: Anything that is fun and having to do with shopping. At 6 she already loves to shop. Also my parents are going with us, but booked on a seperate ressie, will they be our tablemates or am I going to have to call DCL to set that up. I wouldn't mind being put at a table with them and others as well. Any tips for a first timer would be awesome. Hopefully someone out there has a daughter around mines age. She will be 7 next June. It would be cool for her to know someone before she got on the boat.

Here's another welcome to MEdisneyfan!

My DDs will be 5 and 7. They will all be in the same club!

It's our second cruise (did the Western in January) so feel free to ask questions, especially about the kids activities. I asked about a million before we cruised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter