April 12, 2014 Fantasy - Western Caribbean - Calling all Spring Breakers

Officially booked! Woohoo! 361 days!

We are wait listed for main dining. I asked for that because my DH and kids will be eating everything in sight by 8pm. There is also a chance that my in-laws and BIL, SIL, and DN will be joining us, and DN usually goes to bed by 7:30. If it ends up that it is just the four of us going, then I don't mind doing the later dining. The kids can do play-and-dine, and maybe it will be a calmer atmosphere with the babies and toddlers in bed.:thumbsup2

Just read your trip report from the link you have posted on the bottom of your page from your 10 yr. wedding anniversary family gathering back in 09'. Great report and great pictures. We're going to WDW for a few days in July to MK (twice) and DHS. We celebrated our 10 yr. anniv. last month although we didn't do anything cause I was gone on a mini retreat. Maybe this coming small trip will be our little celebration.

We are doing early dining this time. The kids always complain that their new friends have early dining so we will give it a try. Pretty much guarantees that their new friends will have late dining, :rotfl:

Linda

Just read your trip report from the link you have posted on the bottom of your page from your 10 yr. wedding anniversary family gathering back in 09'. Great report and great pictures. We're going to WDW for a few days in July to MK (twice) and DHS. We celebrated our 10 yr. anniv. last month although we didn't do anything cause I was gone on a mini retreat. Maybe this coming small trip will be our little celebration.

Aww, thanks for reading! Sorry I didn't finish it. LOL
We went back last December for DD's 7th birthday. It was an ok trip, but a bit more stressful with in-laws who could not keep up like they did 3 years ago, and a baby on board (our 7 month old niece). If the whole family joins us this time, I'm going to make it clear that everybody can do their own thing, and we'll see them at dinner!

Just saw your post while looking though the board. And I noticed the picture! My name is Janine Endich...you have make many pillowcases, bags and birthday shirts for me! I will be placing my order for this cruise. Can't wait.

This is our second cruise, first on Disney.

It'll be me, DH, DS (5) and DS(4), my friend and her DH, DS (13) and DD (10). my sister-in-law, her DH, DD (8) and DS (6). 2 of us coming from Northern VA (we're on deck 7) and sister-in-law coming from Denver. She's on deck 9.

What's FE?

Hi All. My family and I just returned from our very first Disney cruise on the Wonder. We booked this Fantasy cruise just two days into our "wonder-ful" cruise. I'm a teacher in northern VA and we cruise every spring break. My hubby is finally convinced that Disney is the best way to cruise. My son, Deacon will be 3 at the time of the cruise. Luckily my fellow cruisers allowed us to participate in FE for the first time (even though we were late comers) and we had a blast making our gifts. Participating was an extra special touch to our disney cruise experience. Everyone was so creative and thoughtful in their exchanges. Although, we didn't get to meet anyone in person during the cruise. I definitely want to participate in the FE again and would love to get together at some point during the next voyage. I'll see if I can find the group on FB...hopefully April 2014 will arrive quickly!

Dare I ask where you teach?

Anyone sign up for the late dinner seating? We opted for the 8pm(?) dinnertime for a couple reasons and are trying to find some others who have that seating. I understand they seat families with similar "profiles" together so if you have children in the 12-17 year range and are eating late, maybe we could request sitting together. Maybe later in the year, when more people join the thread, we could get a little group together for dinner. :rockband:

We did...were told that was all that was available. Our kids will be 5.5 and 4 so we're figuring a couple of scenerios:

(1) they eat with us and get taken to kids club 45 min in when club people come to get them
(2) we get them something to eat at buffet earlier, drop them at kids club, and we enjoy a peaceful dinner at 8:00
(3) they eat at kids club

We did...were told that was all that was available. Our kids will be 5.5 and 3 so we're figuring a couple of scenerios:

(1) they eat with us and get taken to kids club 45 min in when club people come to get them
(2) we get them something to eat at buffet earlier, drop them at kids club, and we enjoy a peaceful dinner at 8:00
(3) they eat at kids club

Great! Welcome aboard. Be sure to join our Facebook group for this cruise, unless your school district prohibits you from owning such an account!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/518915188152000/

Hi Stephanievt97. Glad to see you over here. (I'm Xewrsw over at CC.) We're from Western Fairfax.
It looks like there are a few cruisers here from the Northern Virginia area.
We've never done it but I believe that FE stands for Fish Extender??? I think it's something like a daily secret gift exchange for the kids.

Hi Stephanievt97. Glad to see you over here. (I'm Xewrsw over at CC.) We're from Western Fairfax.
We've never done it but I believe that FE stands for Fish Extender??? I think it's something like a daily secret gift exchange for the kids.

We don't currently live in NoVa, but we used to live in Leesburg. In-laws are in Sterling, and BIL and family are in Vienna.

We're in Ashburn. Grew up in Western Fairfax. Herndon/Reston line (went to Oakton). My parents and brother are not too far from Fair Oaks Mall.
Just asked to join Facebook group.

We're in Ashburn. Grew up in Western Fairfax. Herndon/Reston line (went to Oakton). My parents and brother are not too far from Fair Oaks Mall.
Just asked to join Facebook group.

We just moved from Ashburn, VA to Charlotte May 2011. We lived in Broadlands for 9 years. I don't miss it ;)

We just moved from Ashburn, VA to Charlotte May 2011. We lived in Broadlands for 9 years. I don't miss it ;)

Too funny...I did the opposite. I lived in Charlotte for 4 years and now am in Brambleton. We love it here! We have lots of family within 30 minutes so that makes it even nicer. Charlotte is a fun city too though...still have friends there. I was in Matthews.

Too funny...I did the opposite. I lived in Charlotte for 4 years and now am in Brambleton. We love it here! We have lots of family within 30 minutes so that makes it even nicer. Charlotte is a fun city too though...still have friends there. I was in Matthews.

That is funny. I'm actually originally from Seattle/Tacoma, WA area, not too thrilled to be on the East coast (none of my family are on this side). I do like Charlotte though. Easier to meet people. We live SW Charlotte (pretty much on the border of Ft. Mill/Tega Cay, SC and Lake Wylie.

Hello Fellow Cruisers!!

Please add my family to the roll call and FE.
Me- Renee
DH - Dave
DS - Jack 12
DD - Katelyn 8

Thanks!

Tricia's mom said:
Finally booked this morning !!!

This will be our 2 Disney cruise !
I am so excited I haven't broken the news to my dh yet ?de1c

We will be traveling with my dd who will be celebrating her 7 th birthday on board !!
7 days what a dream ... Ugh I mean Fantasy !!!

Hello and welcome aboard! We have a great group started here. I think there are quite a few families with kids around your daughters age. Should be a great cruise. If you are on Facebook, we have a very fun and active group over there too...a link to the facebook group is somewhere in this thread.

Hey all... just wanted to introduce myself here in case you aren't all on the FB group, which I already joined.

We will also be on the cruise :cool1:

me- Lisa
DH- Kyle
DD (12)- Camryn
DD (10)- Kendall
DS (6)- Christian

we are in Cabin 8172 which is way Aft. Hoping I'm not kicking myself for not choosing a more midship room, but we didn't want to pay for a verandah nor did we want an inside room. So it was either way forward or way aft.

Our last cruise (Thanksgiving on Fantasy) had a lot of motion and we did all get a tad green from it, so hoping for smooth sailing this time around. We have sailed DCL many times, and that was the first cruise where everyone got sick, so hopefully it was just a fluke.

I would be interested in participating in the FE exchange, going to fill out that form now....

Fosters are going!
Cabin #10658
We are in Folsom, CA right now- but are relocating to Austin, Tx this summer. Anyone from Austin going on this cruise?

(Adnil- we were on Ship of Fools/Mexican Riviera together last year!)

Count us in on the Fish extender too.
Jen & Bill
Wesley: son, age 14
Grady: son, age 12

Fosters are going!
Cabin #10658
We are in Folsom, CA right now- but are relocating to Austin, Tx this summer. Anyone from Austin going on this cruise?

(Adnil- we were on Ship of Fools/Mexican Riviera together last year!)

Count us in on the Fish extender too.
Jen & Bill
Wesley: son, age 14
Grady: son, age 12

Hello neighbors (for not much longer!)... we are in Elk Grove :)

My son is 14 as well.

There is a fish extender interest list forming here: http://www.stampedbydesign.com/machform/view.php?id=12104

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter