• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Applying" a code to an exisiting reservation

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
So does anyone know how it really works when you "apply" a code to an exisiting reservation? We are looking to go in late November, but there are no codes out yet. I'm trying to decide if there's any advantage to booking now to "secure" our room type/resort.

If a code did come out, it sounds like the particular room type we want at the particular resort has to be available as part of that code, regardless of whether we have it already booked or not, is that right? So even if we have a WL courtyard view already booked, if a courtyard view isn't available as part of the code, we couldn't just apply it to our exisiting reservation - correct?

Is there any case (PIN code maybe), where you can just apply the deal to an exisiting reservation regardless of room availability?

Any info would be really helpful! Thanks! :thumbsup2

If you have a room only reservation and want to change it to a package, for any reason, you will need to make a new reservation with a new deposit and then have the room only reservation canceled and the deposit refunded.
Changing one kind of package to another, or one kind of room only reservation to another will not require this to happen.
If a discount/code comes out, you are correct about how it works. if you have a reservation for a certain category of room and that category is not available for the discount, then you can't get it. You may need to change dates or category.
I have never had an issue with applying codes to existing reservations. I almost always make my room only reservation as soon as the dates are available. Then when the rates come out, I call and apply the AAA discount to the room, since that is always available right away. Then if something else comes along, like the buy 4 get 3 was this year, I call and see if I can get that. I have never had a problem getting the code, even though I go at a busy time of year, spring break in April.

Thanks for the help. So probably what I should do is go ahead and book a package and wait for a code. Worse case scenario, I have to cancel and rebook (maybe change date/room/resort) and best case, I can have a code applied to the res if its available.

I've heard so many times (on here and from CMs)that "...later if a code comes out, you can just apply it to your reservation", but it really isn't quite that simple, it seems. At least now I know what I'm up against! Just hope for a code! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for the info.

I've had a special offer code applied to an existing package reservation. My package had been booked for about a month when the offer came out. I simply called Disney Travel and they applied the code. I saved over $350.00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter