APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure these questions have been asked and answered a hundred times, but I’m just starting to look at whether purchasing an annual pass is worth it to us for the room discounts. I’m guessing yes, since we will be staying four nights. So, if I purchase an annual pass online and then book the room using an APH rate, what do I do at check in? Do I need to pick up my annual pass first in order to be able to show it?

I’m sure these questions have been asked and answered a hundred times, but I’m just starting to look at whether purchasing an annual pass is worth it to us for the room discounts. I’m guessing yes, since we will be staying four nights. So, if I purchase an annual pass online and then book the room using an APH rate, what do I do at check in? Do I need to pick up my annual pass first in order to be able to show it?

You do not need the AP until before you checkout. You can buy your ticket from UO or one of the online discounters, then up grade when you get there. Only one person in the room needs an AP.

Reactions: EmJ
I just got aph rate for a bay view room at Portofino Bay for July but I really want to stay at Hard Rock. Hard Rock only has Aph rates on suites for
My dates. What are the chances that Aph rates for regular rooms become available?

Last week I cancelled my previous reservation at Royal Pacific because I got an Aph rate at Portofino Bay. I cancelled last Monday but Loews has not returned my deposit yet. How did it took to other people to get their deposits back?

Last week I cancelled my previous reservation at Royal Pacific because I got an Aph rate at Portofino Bay. I cancelled last Monday but Loews has not returned my deposit yet. How did it took to other people to get their deposits back?

I did the same thing. I cancelled 2 rooms at Royal Pacific on Monday, March 18 and was told it would take 7-10 business days for the refund to show up. Yesterday, I received an email from my credit card company stating a refund from Loews had been applied to my account. But only one of the rooms had been refunded, still waiting for the second. I figured they'd both be refunded at the same time. If the second room isn't refunded this week I'll call and find out what's going on.

I did the same thing. I cancelled 2 rooms at Royal Pacific on Monday, March 18 and was told it would take 7-10 business days for the refund to show up. Yesterday, I received an email from my credit card company stating a refund from Loews had been applied to my account. But only one of the rooms had been refunded, still waiting for the second. I figured they'd both be refunded at the same time. If the second room isn't refunded this week I'll call and find out what's going on.
Thanks for your reply . I will wait 10 business days and after that call them

I cancelled my original room reservation on March 14 and the refund finally came through yesterday.

I'm considering the purchase of an AP, but are you allowed to book 2 rooms? Or does an AP holder need to be in each room? Thanks!

I'm considering the purchase of an AP, but are you allowed to book 2 rooms? Or does an AP holder need to be in each room? Thanks!

I thought that there needs to be a passholder in each room, but don’t know firsthand. We have 2 rooms booked, but all of us are passholders atdifferent levels.

Can someone please explain to me how the Universal APs work? I'm looking on their website and it says that the APs they are selling now need to be activated by 4/4. Since we live in NY, that's a bit of a problem! We were planning a mid-November trip, but I think we are going to switch it too the week after Labor Day, and I would like to know when I might be able to purchase the passes.

Can someone please explain to me how the Universal APs work? I'm looking on their website and it says that the APs they are selling now need to be activated by 4/4. Since we live in NY, that's a bit of a problem! We were planning a mid-November trip, but I think we are going to switch it too the week after Labor Day, and I would like to know when I might be able to purchase the passes.

I assume you want the AP discount on the room. You don’t need the AP until BEFORE you checkout of the hotel, so there is no need to purchase APs now.

you only have to activate them by 4/4 to get the extra months for free. I'd just wait until closer to your trip to buy in case they have another deal come out.

I assume you want the AP discount on the room. You don’t need the AP until BEFORE you checkout of the hotel, so there is no need to purchase APs now.

Hopefully we will get the AP discount, but I really just wanted to know how they worked (as in how far in advance you could purchase them, if they always have extra months free, etc). The "activate by 4/4" threw me off.

you only have to activate them by 4/4 to get the extra months for free. I'd just wait until closer to your trip to buy in case they have another deal come out.

I will. I wasn't sure if this was something they offered all the time. Hopefully some new deal will come out in the next few months!

Thanks to you both for the information.

I've been looking for months and there's not been APH rates for my dates (staying a week starting around Memorial Day) BUUUUUUT, a quick heads up....I booked a SMSM (Stay More, Save More) rate for our week months ago, and they just recently dropped BIG TIME!

I could save $200 by rebooking with Portifino or switching to Hard Rock, but ended up switching to Royal Pacific (our fave) and saved $400 from our original booking. Just wanted to let everyone know, if anyone if booked at the same times :D

I've been looking for months and there's not been APH rates for my dates (staying a week starting around Memorial Day) BUUUUUUT, a quick heads up....I booked a SMSM (Stay More, Save More) rate for our week months ago, and they just recently dropped BIG TIME!

I could save $200 by rebooking with Portifino or switching to Hard Rock, but ended up switching to Royal Pacific (our fave) and saved $400 from our original booking. Just wanted to let everyone know, if anyone if booked at the same times :D
I’m a few months out from booking anything yet, but how do you do this? Do you just check the SMSM and AP rates at all the hotels every week or so as you get closer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!