APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for AP rates or Florida rates for End of July beginning of August and so far have had no luck. Is anyone else seeing them?

Boy am I glad I already have my Disney portion of our September trip booked, now that they just announced SW will open right before Labor Day. With an influx of people to Orlando in September, I hope this doesn’t discourage Universal from putting out AP discounts this fall!!!

All the disney rooms were mysteriously removed for mid august going forward recently on hotwire & priceline.

Week i was watching late august had substantial dips in availability/increases in rates today.

APH rates were nothing to write home about last few years around Columbus Day.

For my dates late September into early October, the smsm was a better deal last years for Columbus Day period

35% discount is what I got with last bookings

Booked my stay for leaving prior to C day period for this year with smsm
close to a year out for this fall

AP rates won’t even come close to my deal

Crostorfer, my guess is ap rates for October won’t be out until May or early June

Boy am I glad I already have my Disney portion of our September trip booked, now that they just announced SW will open right before Labor Day. With an influx of people to Orlando in September, I hope this doesn’t discourage Universal from putting out AP discounts this fall!!!
Maybe it will encourage them to release discounts to lure people away from SW! I booked HRH for Sept dates and would love an AP rate!

For my dates late September into early October, the smsm was a better deal last years for Columbus Day period

Crostorfer, my guess is ap rates for October won’t be out until May or early June

We’re going mid-September :) I can get a decent SMSM rate, but I’m holding out for September Passholder Appreciation Month discounts.

Last edited:

Sorry, new to Universal resorts. What is SMSM? Is there a way to get discounted rooms without an Annual Pass? I'm looking for mid-October and I'm guessing those dates are probably popular due to the Halloween parties at Univ.

Sorry, new to Universal resorts. What is SMSM? Is there a way to get discounted rooms without an Annual Pass? I'm looking for mid-October and I'm guessing those dates are probably popular due to the Halloween parties at Univ.
SMSM= stay more save more. The longer you stay the more you save. It's the only rate I was able to get for May. It's a decent discount.

I noticed the smsm rate for later in October did not have that high % discount as it did for my earlier dates

Loews does not have to do a lot of discounts to fill the rooms for mid October

Hhn brings in the crowds

What price range is considered a “good” rate/discount for HRH?
I guess that’s subjective, but I would consider it a “good” rate if you can get a room for $250 or less.

That's usually what I see for Portofino Garden view during the week in the Summer. Sometimes on the weekends it goes up a bit but it's still quite a discount from the usual rate. Stays betweenSunday and Thursday will be the best rate. Honestly anytime it's under $300 is pretty good. Obviously with the more expensive views or club level that's going to shift a bit. I believe APH rates are said to be up to 40% off and that does map to what I've (unfortunately) paid as Seasonal rate in October.

Right now, we are booked in garden view at HRH for October for $364/night. The standard was only $10 cheaper. Going to keep checking the AP rates and see if we get anything any cheaper between now and then

Right now, we are booked in garden view at HRH for October for $364/night. The standard was only $10 cheaper. Going to keep checking the AP rates and see if we get anything any cheaper between now and then

Honestly, I wouldn’t expect a cheaper AP rate at the Hard Rock in October. The other hotels may come out with significant discounts, (I paid $184 a night at the RPR last October with the AP discount), but the HRH was the one hotel on property that didn’t give an AP discount at all. It’s the most popular place to stay for HHN because it’s the closest to the park entrance.

We’re going mid-September :) I can get a decent SMSM rate, but I’m holding out for September Passholder Appreciation Month discounts.
There’s September Passholders appreciation discounts :love: wow! How do you find them? Are they posted under the Passholders rates section or do they email you?

There’s September Passholders appreciation discounts :love: wow! How do you find them? Are they posted under the Passholders rates section or do they email you?

They will make a big hoopla about it, you should receive emails, plus last year I got actual snail mail packet about it. I can’t remember when they announced it last year, I want to say maybe June or July? The whole month of September AP holders get special perks, including discounts at on site hotels, I think a special pin, extra park hours, extra food discounts at some places, and a special early entry queue at HHN. I should hedge this by saying this is what they did last year, and I’m hoping this year follows suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter