AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the interesting and controversial issue would be if only dvc-y and Fl residents were offered an no one else. Got it. Thanks for the clarity.

Correct. If they didn’t offer general public APs. That would be a huge move and since that program is more than just DVC, I can not see it.

i think they’d be more likely to eliminate all but the FL pixie pass.

The Sorcerer and Pirate passes that briefly went live were word for word what was sold earlier and suspended. I think when AP sales restart, there will be an announcement first by Disney and there will be changes.

You definitely know its a glitch when things didn't come out from DPEP first...stopping them on a dime happens with no notice...starting sales again doesn't! I too am expecting some new product changes...

But I do feel way more confident a pass is coming back soon given the issue yesterday

I hope its a good sign...even if it isn't an AP, in the sense of unlimited admissions other than a few weeks blocked out. I just need a pass that can get me in 30 to 40 days in a year...that works for me...though I am lucky as I don't need to worry about anything until March 2024. I have my current one and my renewal voucher already!

4th of July holiday will be over leaving the next holiday weekend as Labor Day in sept. After Labor Day you have the holiday season of Halloween (Oct), thanksgiving (Nov) and then of course Christmas. Zero chance passes come out between Oct and January

if ap come back in 2022 at all I think realistically it’s going to be before sept and the holiday season, with the period post Labor Day until Oct as another potential time slot to do limited timing on sales

so as I see it two opportunities
1) post 4th up until labor day
2) post Labor Day until Oct 1

my bet is on option 1 especially given I view the mess up on passes as an IT test gone wrong

Last year they came back the day after labor day (just after everyone in town for the holiday left... Gosh darn it, so close. I'm sure that was just a coincidence :earsboy:) At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see the same time frame play out.

Just another data point 🤓😉

Yesterday, I renewed (1) FL silver pass & (2) FL weekday passes to pirate & pixie dusts passes, respectively. No issues, except that I couldn’t process it online & had to call in (which also means we got vouchers which will need to be activated, instead of automagical renewals that let you just tap in with no visit to guest relations). Either way, I’m just glad they’re still allowing renewals 🎉

Tomorrow is July 9th. Now for the big question: Will Disney renew the character passes (Incredi-pass, Sorcerer pass, Pirate pass and Pixie Dust pass) that were first sold on or after September 8, 2001? For a while after they stopped sales and renewals of APs at Disneyland on May 30, 2022, we were concerned they might stop the annual pass program entirely. But with some late breaking rumors about afternoon reservations and the like, it appears some version of the annual pass program will continue. As of July 9th, the first of those character passes start to be eligible for renewal.

If ANYBODY
  • bought a NEW annual pass purchased on or after September 8, 2021, called an Incredi-pass, Sorcerer pass, Pirate pass or Pixie Dust pass, or
  • renewed a platinum, gold, silver, weekday or Epcot after 4 into a character pass,
  • did not upgrade a ticket and backdate the pass to the first date of the ticket that was upgraded,
  • this is not an ageing in 3 year old,
  • this is not a premier passport conversion,
  • this is not a Club 33 or Golden Oaks deal,
  • this is not a cast member deal,
  • there is no cast member pixie dust involved or other adjustment by Disney,
  • DVC Sorcerer or DVC Incredi-Pass is included AND
  • is renewing on or after July 9, 2022
Then please let us know if there are ANY new procedures or new or different terms and conditions of the renewed pass that you can spot.

Thank you.
I saw a Facebook post where the person renewed their incredipass as a dvc blue card holder

The day is finally here! & According to the WDW website, things are the same today as they were yesterday… the FL res pixie dust pass is still for sale & renewals are still being promoted:

Renew Your Annual Passes​

We are pausing new sales of select Annual Passes. All current Passholders can continue to renew into any of our four pass types – at their renewal rate – and continue to visit using their pass. We will continue to evaluate the return of new sales for these passes. Please check back here for the latest updates.

It had to be a renewal of back-dated pass upgrading tickets or possibly a 30 day after expiration renewal of a metals pass. The NEW character passes renewal window for those sole on or after September 8, 2021, does not open until tomorrow, July 10th.
Our Sorcerer (purchased with DVC) and Incredi Pass expire on November. Going back October 8 and will renew. Im guessing the first people we will start to hear from will be about next month.

It had to be a renewal of back-dated pass upgrading tickets or possibly a 30 day after expiration renewal of a metals pass. The NEW character passes renewal window for those sole on or after September 8, 2021, does not open until tomorrow, July 10th.
Not posting the posters name, but this was their response to their status. But sounds like a legit renewal

Was DVC platinum AP for many years until renewing into the "equivalent" IncrediPass last summer. We did not cancel our passes during the pandemic, which does allow us to continue to renew APs...

Oh I am not questioning that it was a legit renewal. But, people are sometimes loose with their language. Incredi-pass etc started selling for the first time on September 8, 2021. It was not possible to buy or renew into an incredi-pass before that date.

Some people might have upgraded tickets to an incredi-pass and then the expiration would be back-dated. But, what I am really looking for is what is Disney going to do with respect to the true character passes renewals? That date first opens -- tomorrow.

Can you explain why it matters? I don’t see it as any different. Regardless of how it started, once converted it was the new pass.

Any changes to the programs could be coming but I am sure they announce it with at least a few days notice.

The renewal dates were extended to compensate for Covid park closing . Perhaps this guest did not realize they had been granted an automatic extension and their dates were updated without notification. I find it hard to believe they purchased a new new pass today if they were not already included in this extension . Otherwise the purchase would not have been completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter