• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP question

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
My dh and stepdaughter currently have APs but they are expiring in November and for financial reasons we are not renewing them right now. However we have a trip coming up in April and I plan on getting them new ones at that time. My question is if I got to Disney Online and purchase AP vouchers how does that work. I have renewed our passes online the last three years so I forget how it goes when you are buying new ones.

Will I just print a voucher that they will then take with us to the park and use to get in to the turnstile and then they will get a new pass once we get in? Will it kind of be like a renewal since they have a picture on file? I am confused.

I know I will have to pay full price since it will be several months since it will have expired but since they already have pics on file and it will only be a few months I wasn't sure how it all works.

And just fyi the reason I don't want to renew in Nov is because we are taking a big trip to Disney World and I don't want to spend the money and since we aren't taking any trips to Disney LAND until April I see no reason to waste those months. I would rather wait and have it start in April if that makes sense.

TIA for any help.

It totally makes sense, and we're doing the same thing. :) I wish wish wish we could renew, but it makes no good sense to do so.

You can buy the vouchers online and turn them in at the gate, then do the Bank stuff, you could buy park hoppers and get the day of Magic Morning, then upgrade after using the MM, you could just buy the AP at the ticket booths (but that's probably wasting time, as the ticket booths are always so busy). They just raised prices in late August (if I recall correctly) so they probably won't be raising prices by April, so any of those methods will ultimately cost the same total price.

I'll let someone else answer the picture question. :)

Thanks for the info. It is funny you get used to doing things one way and you forget how it is done LOL. I went ahead and booked our room today since I got a great price through getaway today (at least I thought so for spring break week!) :) . Now I just have to wait for the airfare to come out.

I have a feeling I won't get such a deal on that unfortunately. My little ones and I renewed our AP's in June so ours are good till June of 09 but dh and stepdaughters expire in November and as I said it is silly to renew them in November because A) I don't really want to spend the money since we need it for our DW trip and B) we can't go till April and it is silly to use up 6 months of a pass when we can't go till April. That way they won't start till then. And then the girls and I will renew OUR passes in June and they will only be a few months apart. Seems to make more sense in the long run. Theirs will be good from April of 09 till April of 10 and we will renew ours in June of 09 till June of 10 so they will overlap for most of 09 and 10. Make sense? I hope that made sense LOL.

Nonetheless it will work for that april trip as well as the trips we are thinking about taking in the fall and winter of 09. And also any summer trips mom and I are thinking about taking with the kids in summer of 09.

Anyway thanks and I am excited about everything working out. This trip is for my daughter's 8th birthday.

We usually NEVER go during such a busy time as spring break but it just worked out this way. We are taking her to Goofy's kitchen and I will be ordering her a cake so we are very excited. We took stepdaughter for her 16th last year and special ordered a cake and it turned out fabulous and we have gone twice for my 8 year old's birthday. Did a fantasmic desert buffet when she was 4 and did the happiest birthday on earth when she turned 8. So it is finally my youngest's turn. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter