AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Super unpopular opinion but I feel like this is a serious first world problem reading through most of these posts. I get it, everyone loves Disney! I wish I could go multiple times a year or even once a year, but the fact is, I can’t. What’s wrong with going every three years or so and saving up? I truly don’t understand the big uproar. Lots of entitlement on this thread...
This is a Disney fan site. Anything you read here will be a first world problem.

This is exactly the position we were in, and decided to take the plunge last year and our first (and now only) AP year ends this August. We will have made 8 trips in the year and I pay for all food/merch with Disney gift cards, by the time August arrives we will have burned through $15k in gift cards, and I think that's small potatoes compared to some of the comments of the Club Level folks I see here on the forum.

So we were planning on renewing, but that steep of an increase just seems like a real "up yours" to the loyal customers who spend a steady stream of money in the parks, so no thanks. We have a trip in Jan 2020 for the Disney marathon and don't plan to visit in 2020 after that.

So DW has been wanting for years to go back to Hawaii as we haven't been there in 15 years, I'm already planning my 2020 trip to Oahu but Aulani sure won't be on the itinerary.
you should consider Aulani with renting DVC points. I cut the expense in half by renting points.

just bought 3 annual passes thru tickets at work, took 15 minutes to get the email and already linked to my disney. price was 865 plus tax, cheaper than the old rates at disney wich were 899.

I don't get it, why not just buy 5 or 10 now then? The price will keep going up. Or can they possibly charge you the difference?

Honestly, I almost pulled the trigger on 3 yesterday, but I just couldn't do it. My husband is also concerned they will start cracking down on the price difference.

I can't invest in APs now when I don't know what the future holds for WDW or my family.

Hey so if my AP doesn't expire till Feb 2020 and I buy an AP voucher from Tickets At Work, can I add it to my existing AP or do I need to let my current AP expire before linking the voucher in MDE?

Hey so if my AP doesn't expire till Feb 2020 and I buy an AP voucher from Tickets At Work, can I add it to my existing AP or do I need to let my current AP expire before linking the voucher in MDE?

You do not need to wait. You can link a voucher while you have an active AP.

yes, I got mine in a few minutes. geaux tigahs!!
Just got mine too & it’s linked to mde already now! Geaux Tigers! Do I actually need the letter attached to the email to get the hard pass or will they be able to see it linked to my account?

Honestly, I almost pulled the trigger on 3 yesterday, but I just couldn't do it. My husband is also concerned they will start cracking down on the price difference.

I can't invest in APs now when I don't know what the future holds for WDW or my family.
What does this mean? Are you saying they’ll try to charge you more when you go to trade in voucher for pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter