AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

You need to purchase the membership. And yes, it's still the same price everyone has been telling you.
Thanks. It's weird bc I could see the lowepricece yesterday but today it is higher and I do not have a membership yet. :confused3
Signing up now....

Thanks. It's weird bc I could see the lowepricece yesterday but today it is higher and I do not have a membership yet. :confused3
Signing up now....
They updated the gate price today. Yesterday the gate price was listed at the older lower price, so you saw a lower rate because it still had the lower gate price, but the actual member price was lower still (by about $20) and you had to log in to see it. Today, you are seeing the higher gate price, but would have to get the membership to see the member price.

Here's the member price:
Adult (Ages 10+)
Gate price $1,119.00 + tax $72.74 = $1,191.74

Your Member Price: 865.99*
Exchange Voucher - Adult

They updated the gate price today. Yesterday the gate price was listed at the older lower price, so you saw a lower rate because it still had the lower gate price, but the actual member price was lower still (by about $20) and you had to log in to see it. Today, you are seeing the higher gate price, but would have to get the membership to see the member price.

Exactly. My receipt yesterday showed I only save $29 because it was still showing the old gate price. In reality, I saved $270 over the new price.

Oh I see, thanks! This whole thing has stressed me out lol! I couldn't make up my mind but now have 4 purchased at the 865 price! Just waiting on my details and will link in MDE. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Here's the member price:
Adult (Ages 10+)

Your Member Price: 865.99*
Exchange Voucher - Adult
Do you know if you buy the AP voucher, can you use it to renew your pass when you hit the 60 day mark? We're not members but would def. become members for this.

Do you know if you buy the AP voucher, can you use it to renew your pass when you hit the 60 day mark? We're not members but would def. become members for this.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you're asking can you renew this AP once it's within 60 days of expiring, yes. The AP voucher you buy at Sams is the same AP voucher you get through WDW and works exactly the same way.

No, you cannot use a new AP voucher to renew an expiring AP.
Thanks! That's what I was wondering. We have passes and they can be renewed in about a month but I wasn't sure if I bought this voucher at Sam's club if I could use it to renew our passes. Guess not.... :guilty:

Thanks! That's what I was wondering. We have passes and they can be renewed in about a month but I wasn't sure if I bought this voucher at Sam's club if I could use it to renew our passes. Guess not.... :guilty:
You would still save a decent amount of money buying the old price passes over the discount for renewal. The memberships at Sam's can be bought for very little if you use one of the current deals out for them. Mine cost $49 but I got a $20 gift card along with $30 in coupons- most of which we would use. I have an AP that expires in October. I would save around $150 using the renewal discount, but saved $270 buying the Sams AP. Even if I took the entire cost of the member ship off, I'm still saving $70 net between that and renewing. For me, I didn't want to have an AP again until at least after the first of the year, so it was a no brainer to buy the AP at Sams.

You can't use it to renew, but you can use it for a new AP. :) It would just have a different expiration date than your previous AP.

You can't use it to renew, but you can use it for a new AP. :) It would just have a different expiration date than your previous AP.

Unless of course you were there and activated it the day after the expiration of your original AP, e.g., current pass expires 10/27 and you are on vacation until 11/1/19. Current pass expires 10/27, on 10/28 you activate the new AP at the gate. New expiration date would be 10/28/20. Still wouldn't be a renewal so to speak, but would have nearly the same expiration dates.

I took the plunge too! Our passes (which we have been renewing since forever. . .1996 or so) expire this fall. We will use those for our trip and allow them to expire. We will activate the new APs in May and use for that trip and our fall 2020 trips. Our TIW card expires 11/30, so will have to decide whether to purchase again in May, but that would be the same regardless. I purchased ours through AAA and we saved about $90 each over renewing our current passes. That $180 is better in my pocket than Disney's. That recent price hike, coupled with the one prior to it, is beyond ridiculous. We already have the spring and fall 2020 planned, after that--guess we will re-evaluate. :crazy2:

Sounds like an issue with your AP's being loaded correctly. The error message is telling you that. It's not recognizing your AP's. I'm looking at my daughters account right now with a non activated AP and she does not have a current AP. I can see the PH rates. I'd call IT about that issue, not that you can't see the PH rates. Once they're properly loaded, you'll be able to see them.

When I try to reload them it tells me those ID’s have already been assigned. And I can see them attached to everyone’s names, so they are loaded right. I’m wondering if it’s b/c they weren’t bought directly from Disney?

Unless of course you were there and activated it the day after the expiration of your original AP, e.g., current pass expires 10/27 and you are on vacation until 11/1/19. Current pass expires 10/27, on 10/28 you activate the new AP at the gate. New expiration date would be 10/28/20. Still wouldn't be a renewal so to speak, but would have nearly the same expiration dates.
Still a different expiration date. ;)

This is a pretty long thread, so not sure if someone has already posted this ...but Tickets at Work is offering APs at basically the old price, even after tax and fees. If the company you work for has an arrangement with them, it's worth checking out and no cost to register. Just by being an employee of your company qualifies you.

This is a pretty long thread, so not sure if someone has already posted this ...but Tickets at Work is offering APs at basically the old price, even after tax and fees. If the company you work for has an arrangement with them, it's worth checking out and no cost to register. Just by being an employee of your company qualifies you.
I just checked my Tickets at Work and it reflects the new pricing.

It has new pricing but then says corp price at the old discounted price:
Adult (Ages 10+)

YOUR CORPORATE PRICE: 865.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter