AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Thank you for posting this so quick this morning. Myself & several family members bought vouchers for future trips. Really appreciate nice folks who are willing to share money saving info!
My pass doesn’t expire until Dec and I wasn’t really ready for the expense, but I’m now the proud owner of an AP voucher from Sams Club! I entered into MDE and am all set when the time comes.

I think our family is one that has been a good money maker for Disney with the AP's. We basically would go once a year but then I got an AP and to make it worth it I booked an extra trip. On that trip I upgraded DD12's ticket to an AP. Then, well, in addition to renewing my AP we better make another trip so DD12's ticket is getting it's money's worth. Then, since DD18 had a ticket we might as well upgrade her to an AP on that trip.

As of today we all three have AP's with varying renewal dates and we make now generally make two trips a year. I squeezed in a trip in July otherwise we would definitely not be getting value out of the AP's. When my AP expires in August I won't renew. Same for when my DD 12 and 18 expire.

I've already discussed with them and we got passports and will go to Finland to see relatives next summer. We're really pumped about that.

I still have a stash of 6 day non-hopper tickets that don't have an expiration date (I guess it's 2030, though) so probably the summer of '21 we'll go. We'll go for a good 8 or 9 nights so we can have some resort days too. After that we'll see what happens.

I like Star Wars well enough but neither of my girls care about it at all so we usually skip DHS.

I think the parking fees got my goat even more than the ticket increases.

I'm not going to dog pile on WDW as people like to do here. I don't like the increase either and now am wishing I had purchased them recently instead of next year like planned. However, the reasons make sense to me, like them or not.
Agreed. I heard a story on NPR yesterday that said that there is a world-wide “problem” with over tourism to common tourist destination. Part of it is travel is cheaper & ppl have more money. Basically the strategy for most places has been to increase prices b/c it curbs crowds & increases profits. WDW is no different, but, unlike other destinations, b/c it’s for “families” ppl feel like it should be “affordable”.

I looked at POP prices for MLK weekend. They want $200 a night. I paid about $135 a night Mardi Gras weekend this year. RIDICULOUS.
I think that’s more related to the skyliners. I think they’re going to make it between a moderate & a value.

Another thing... a few days ago I was going to renew DD12's AP through MDE. It wouldn't let me. She was within the 60 day window. When DD18 was at Disney in April the option to upgrade to an AP from her hopper popped up in MDE.

Is it usually impossible to renew through MDE? I has thought about calling but it was after hours and have been too busy since.

In any case, not going to renew now anyway. Just wondered if it was normal to not be able to renew through the app.

Gosh, this is one heck of a price hike. I was considering getting an AP for the room, merch, and dining discounts but I p much just got priced out immediately. Those out of state costs are wild.

I got Platinum AP from Plum Benefits (Tickets at Work) at the old price too. Had my email to link vouchers within a few minutes.

I almost made the purchase just now but got nervous at the delivery info. Was the info on the will call certificate good enough to link on your profile? I don't want to use the AP until my December trip.

A will call certificate will be emailed to you within an hour of your purchase. Please present a printed copy with a valid photo ID at one of the sales locations listed on your certificate. Please note that all orders placed after 1:00 AM EST will be processed the following day.
Availability: Within an hour of your purchase.

I have an AP now. I also have DVC. Had several days off in May. Could not get a DVC room. Priced out a room at Swan/Dolphin and added in meals.

Priced out an all inclusive in Mexico (5 star, wonderful service, no extra charges...)

Went to Mexico! It was cheaper! LOL!

I thought of it...I really did. DS much prefers cruising. But WDW has a hold on my heart and I just can't let go of my dream to be an AP for a year. Why oh why is Mickey math so addicting?!

I almost made the purchase just now but got nervous at the delivery info. Was the info on the will call certificate good enough to link on your profile? I don't want to use the AP until my December trip.

I bit the bullet and dropped $1846.56 via Ticketsatwork on 2 Platinum Annual Passes.

Of anyone else is shopping for tickets at the previous pricing levels, they can be found at:
Sam's Club (need membership)
Tickets at Work/Working Advantage/Plum
AAA

A will call certificate will be emailed to you within an hour of your purchase. Please present a printed copy with a valid photo ID at one of the sales locations listed on your certificate. Please note that all orders placed after 1:00 AM EST will be processed the following day.
Availability: Within an hour of your purchase.
I was able to link AP with help of tech support. AP's will become active after I go to ticket window or guest relations.

If you are still planning two 7 day trips with in the year of the AP even with the price increase are you not coming out better with the AP? I mean yes it sucks the price jumped that much at one time but if you break it down. Would you not come equal out and then you get the discount on items your purchase and some food?
Not to mention, a ticket price increase is probably coming right behind the AP increase..

While this increase hurts, it is still worth it for us to purchase. Our upcoming trip next month is 13 days and our 2020 trip for my DS graduation is 12 days. So we will do the upgrade.

Well there goes that idea. We arrive next week and were going to upgrade on arrival and purchase Tables in Wonderland. It's not worth it for us now as we would just break even, not save anything. So new plan. We will cut one of our Disney After Hours nights and a few of our restaurants and try some of the offsite places we like the look of to save some money to make up for the discounts we won't get now.

If you want to compare, here are the prices of the most expensive AP in the other resorts around the world + cost per day of the longest park hopper ticket

Disneyland : $1399 (5 days park hopper = $79 per day)
Walt Disney World: $1119 (10 days park hopper = $47-$61 per day, date dependent)
Tokyo Disney Resort: $821 (has blockout days) (4 days ticket = $52 per day, 3rd and 4th days are park hoppers)
Disneyland Paris Resort: $503 (4 days park hopper = $70 per day) <---- best value
Hong Kong Disneyland: $460 (2 days ticket = $53 per day)
Shanghai Disneyland: $478 (2 days ticket = $52-$75 per day, date dependent)

Glad that we purchased our AP during our October trip. Didn't expect an increase this soon, since we unfortunately missed and purchased right after the last one mid October. By the time ours expires, will be Florida residents, and we will consider the Weekday Select, won't need to go weekends, June and July is blacked out, but that's ok. Most of August is available on that one anyway, this year it is available stating August 9th, so we will compare the costs when it expires.
:D

shoot - I waited to buy and now I don't know if it will make economic sense.

I'll be visiting in September and then again in January, once with my Mother and kids and once just my husband and I. I was thinking that a pass for a few dollars extra would be fun (I just like the idea) and would actually make financial sense because of its discounts. Now ... I don't think so unless a good room rate discount came up.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter