AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I attempted to upgrade my 9-day park hopper at guest services in Magic Kingdom yesterday to a recovery AP and was denied. The Cast Member said they were holding on recovery AP sales since the announcement that they were coming back.

Yeah, this is what I am expecting as well but I am still going to try. I have always had the best luck with guest services at their building in Disney Springs. If you are still there, you may want to try again since you can upgrade at anytime during your valid 9-day window. I would also mention you have heard renewals were allowed previously....again I wont be there until after they are selling them again so I doubt my "renewal" persuasion will work, but for you since they don't sell them currently and they have offered it to others, they should do something for you to allow you to use your 9-day pass towards a pass. Just unfortunate timing for you and their recent announcement.

I am also hoping there is some restitution for our Tables In Wonderland membership that was not offered a refund. Anyone else had TiW exchanged/renewed? I know they don't offer it at all right now, but heard they were still honoring it.
All TIW memberships were given a 4-month extension, e.g. ours was to expire the end of February 2021 and was extended to the end of June. I haven’t heard of any refunds for unused memberships, sorry. You might ask at GR next time you’re there.

I got the recovery AP on 7/30, with a one hour callback. What I liked about getting a new AP in the deal (at the new AP price) is that since it’s not activated, my year won’t start until I first use it at the 50th anniversary. I’m so glad I did this instead of renewing last year. I haven’t been to WDW since my pass expired, so it would have been a total waste.

Yeah, this is what I am expecting as well but I am still going to try. I have always had the best luck with guest services at their building in Disney Springs. If you are still there, you may want to try again since you can upgrade at anytime during your valid 9-day window. I would also mention you have heard renewals were allowed previously....again I wont be there until after they are selling them again so I doubt my "renewal" persuasion will work, but for you since they don't sell them currently and they have offered it to others, they should do something for you to allow you to use your 9-day pass towards a pass. Just unfortunate timing for you and their recent announcement.
Yeah we like the one at Disney Springs too. Unfortunately I tried to upgrade on my last day and was on the fence about it anyway. My girlfriend’s family wanted to go to WDW in April so that was the driving factor, but in this case I’ll just look at it as a new anniversary date. All of the future park changes with Genie+ and whatnot just makes it easier to wait and see.

Recovery ap was at the full new price not the renewal rate.

Good to know. When I called the AP line a few months ago the CM suggested that my recovery options were to pay for renewal and have it start that day or wait until my trip and try again. This was before any announcement was made on future of AP. Either way, looks like I still made the right decision on waiting.

Ya'll got lucky with your recovery AP's - Now I have this to look forward to:

wdpai029834092834029842342i.jpg

Hopefully this is correct thread. Purchased Sam’s Club AP vouchers in 2019 for 2020 trip before the world went crazy, Just sat on them waiting for things to go back to normal and frankly forgot about them.
Remembered I still have them. So what is the process now? I assume that I get value towards the new AP?
Figured someone else had done it before I do the try and see what random answer I get when I call.
Thanks,

Hopefully this is correct thread. Purchased Sam’s Club AP vouchers in 2019 for 2020 trip before the world went crazy, Just sat on them waiting for things to go back to normal and frankly forgot about them.
Remembered I still have them. So what is the process now? I assume that I get value towards the new AP?
Figured someone else had done it before I do the try and see what random answer I get when I call.
Thanks,
After Disney implemented the new AP system (Sorcerer, Incredi-Pass and others), it seems that people who redeemed previously purchased vouchers were given the equivalent level and inclusions as the pass they had purchased. For example, people with DVC Gold AP vouchers were given Sorcerer APs with PhotoPass Downloads, which was roughly equivalent to what they had paid for with the exception of blockout dates (and at least some people for whom the different blockout dates were a problem received resolution). They were not charged the difference between the old and new APs.

So, depending on what APs your vouchers were for, you should expect to receive a comparable AP.

After Disney implemented the new AP system (Sorcerer, Incredi-Pass and others), it seems that people who redeemed previously purchased vouchers were given the equivalent level and inclusions as the pass they had purchased. For example, people with DVC Gold AP vouchers were given Sorcerer APs with PhotoPass Downloads, which was roughly equivalent to what they had paid for with the exception of blockout dates (and at least some people for whom the different blockout dates were a problem received resolution). They were not charged the difference between the old and new APs.

So, depending on what APs your vouchers were for, you should expect to receive a comparable AP.
I just logged in to check out my AP voucher. When I took a look at my tickets, it says Platinum Pass Exchange, then there is a link to “show available dates”

This takes me to a screen listing all the old AP options - Plat Plus, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Theme Park Select, Weekday Select and Epcot After 4.

In this page I see a calendar that shows “requires reservations” or “blocked out”.

Way more detail than I expected for old annual pass vouchers :)

Part two - Adult Daughter also Purchased Sam’s Club AP vouchers in 2019 for 2020 trip before the world went crazy.
She was scheduled to take a job in Florida but again World changed an now she does not live in Florida.
Anyone know how they handle a Florida Resident Platinum Pass Voucher if you are no longer a Florida Resident?

Part two - Adult Daughter also Purchased Sam’s Club AP vouchers in 2019 for 2020 trip before the world went crazy.
She was scheduled to take a job in Florida but again World changed an now she does not live in Florida.
Anyone know how they handle a Florida Resident Platinum Pass Voucher if you are no longer a Florida Resident?

They'd just take whatever the current equivalent value is and apply it to a new purchase(if they were selling them of course).

We still have Sam's vouchers. The last time we activated one was a few months ago. It was linked to MDE so just went to GS at the park and activated it. Very easy. Came with photopass as well.

We still have Sam's vouchers. The last time we activated one was a few months ago. It was linked to MDE so just went to GS at the park and activated it. Very easy. Came with photopass as well.
bought 2 pairs of APs for DW and me in '19 at Sams; due to covid didn't go for 2 years and cancelled 5 trips; went in march and activated first pair; all went well and as you said photopass included too; hopefully activating next pair goes as smoothly;

Same. I bought an extra AP right before the big price jump, planned on using it for our trip that was to have started the day WDW closed. I just activated it in July with no problems.

bought 2 pairs of APs for DW and me in '19 at Sams; due to covid didn't go for 2 years and cancelled 5 trips; went in march and activated first pair; all went well and as you said photopass included too; hopefully activating next pair goes as smoothly;

Same. I bought an extra AP right before the big price jump, planned on using it for our trip that was to have started the day WDW closed. I just activated it in July with no problems.

These situations are different from this...

rthib's daughter bought *Florida resident* AP's from Sam's, but will not be a Florida resident when she goes to WDW to activate. She will have to pay the difference between FL resident AP's and non-resident AP's at GS to activate the passes.

These situations are different from this...

rthib's daughter bought *Florida resident* AP's from Sam's, but will not be a Florida resident when she goes to WDW to activate. She will have to pay the difference between FL resident AP's and non-resident AP's at GS to activate the passes.
I didn't quote her post, just commenting on the vouchers in general. I think it's common sense that they would credit her FL AP towards purchse of an out of state AP since she moved.

I didn't quote her post, just commenting on the vouchers in general. I think it's common sense that they would credit her FL AP towards purchse of an out of state AP since she moved.
She asked the question, so it's apparently not as common sense as you think it is.

I quoted yours and the other posts to make the point that the situations were not the same. Apologies if you were offended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts