AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
yay! i have been paying cash for tickets since re-opening. My AP expired during shut down and I took payout of what was left on it since it had been paid in full. i just went for the 4th time since reopening and figured it was time i went to guest services to try and get new AP. I called from resort but they said I'd have to start the application and it can take up to 30 days. Because I needed it within this current trip to apply the ticket I bought, the CM suggested I visit an actual location to get it all done same day. I had planned to do before my last day of trip for discounts and such but kept forgetting my gift card in the room I was using to pay for it. Finally remembered on my Hollywood studios day and went to guest services there. It was taking so long I thought at first the CM was doing something she wasn't supposed to and I wasn't eligible but she finally confirmed I could upgrade and kept apologizing it was taking so long. A couple of managers later they figured it out and I got a new AP! Yay! And they asked me what I wanted to ride and gave me a fastpass for the inconvenience.

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
I thought I'd add our experience trying to get annual passes. When everything shut down March 2020 we had Florida resident weekday passes. We took the refund that was offered that summer.

I called the passholder number June 20th about getting new passes. The cast member took my info saying I'd get a callback in about a month. I mentioned we wanted to upgrade our passes too. He said I might be able to purchase new passes or I might be put on a list to be some of the first get annual passes once they offer them again.

Disney called me July 2nd (12 days). We had the option of purchasing any level of pass. I was debating getting a Gold pass for myself and Silver for the rest of my family. (we might or might not use the pass in the summer, but we do have a June birthday in our family). I was told they aren't letting passes be upgraded before renewal once they are purchased, but they didn't know what the policy would be next year. Since there is a good chance I'd upgrade the silver passes to gold next year I just went ahead and got gold for the family. We did have to pay full price instead of the renewal which makes sense.

We'll start back at the parks later this month once our last family member is vaccinated!

Lilysmom

Mouseketeer
Good morning! I just stumbled upon this thread this morning and have a question regarding recovery. Is this something I can do in person at the park or a guest service location? I fall under the guidelines of pass holder recovery due to covid but we arrive at the resort on 7/24 so I can’t wait the 30 days for call back. I currently have 7 day park hoppers on my account but if possible I’d like to apply that to the cost of just a new AP. I’m just not certain if it can only be done over the phone. It looks like some posters had in person success so just wanted to see if that was a fluke

evilqueenmindy

DIS Veteran
Good morning! I just stumbled upon this thread this morning and have a question regarding recovery. Is this something I can do in person at the park or a guest service location? I fall under the guidelines of pass holder recovery due to covid but we arrive at the resort on 7/24 so I can’t wait the 30 days for call back. I currently have 7 day park hoppers on my account but if possible I’d like to apply that to the cost of just a new AP. I’m just not certain if it can only be done over the phone. It looks like some posters had in person success so just wanted to see if that was a fluke
Go to guest services at Disney springs. They will do it. We had a not good experience at Epcot GS.

benedib99

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
I called this past Friday for recovery annual passes for myself and my family. Because the DVC system was down most of the day, they couldn't take care of it. Called first things Saturday morning. Got a call back within 30 minutes, and voila...done. Applying DVC discount, $899 / person + tax for Platinum annual passes.

Gave me a code for the purchase, applied it in MDE. So, I paid now, but 1) passes will take effect on the first day of our December trip. And, 2) that will be the annual renewal date. This information is per the associate I spoke with.

Caveat, we did have Platinum annual passes before the COVID shutdown, so we qualified for recovery passes.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES