AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

VandyZ

Earning My Ears
I attempted to upgrade my 9-day park hopper at guest services in Magic Kingdom yesterday to a recovery AP and was denied. The Cast Member said they were holding on recovery AP sales since the announcement that they were coming back.
Yeah, this is what I am expecting as well but I am still going to try. I have always had the best luck with guest services at their building in Disney Springs. If you are still there, you may want to try again since you can upgrade at anytime during your valid 9-day window. I would also mention you have heard renewals were allowed previously....again I wont be there until after they are selling them again so I doubt my "renewal" persuasion will work, but for you since they don't sell them currently and they have offered it to others, they should do something for you to allow you to use your 9-day pass towards a pass. Just unfortunate timing for you and their recent announcement.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I am also hoping there is some restitution for our Tables In Wonderland membership that was not offered a refund. Anyone else had TiW exchanged/renewed? I know they don't offer it at all right now, but heard they were still honoring it.
All TIW memberships were given a 4-month extension, e.g. ours was to expire the end of February 2021 and was extended to the end of June. I haven’t heard of any refunds for unused memberships, sorry. You might ask at GR next time you’re there.

Jothmas

Mouseketeer
I got the recovery AP on 7/30, with a one hour callback. What I liked about getting a new AP in the deal (at the new AP price) is that since it’s not activated, my year won’t start until I first use it at the 50th anniversary. I’m so glad I did this instead of renewing last year. I haven’t been to WDW since my pass expired, so it would have been a total waste.

DoughR

Mouseketeer
Yeah, this is what I am expecting as well but I am still going to try. I have always had the best luck with guest services at their building in Disney Springs. If you are still there, you may want to try again since you can upgrade at anytime during your valid 9-day window. I would also mention you have heard renewals were allowed previously....again I wont be there until after they are selling them again so I doubt my "renewal" persuasion will work, but for you since they don't sell them currently and they have offered it to others, they should do something for you to allow you to use your 9-day pass towards a pass. Just unfortunate timing for you and their recent announcement.
Yeah we like the one at Disney Springs too. Unfortunately I tried to upgrade on my last day and was on the fence about it anyway. My girlfriend’s family wanted to go to WDW in April so that was the driving factor, but in this case I’ll just look at it as a new anniversary date. All of the future park changes with Genie+ and whatnot just makes it easier to wait and see.

VandyZ

Earning My Ears
Recovery ap was at the full new price not the renewal rate.
Good to know. When I called the AP line a few months ago the CM suggested that my recovery options were to pay for renewal and have it start that day or wait until my trip and try again. This was before any announcement was made on future of AP. Either way, looks like I still made the right decision on waiting.

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES