AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I called yesterday since it had been 11 days with no call. They said they were behind but I was on the list. Hopefully by day 14/15 they should be calling.
Day 14 here and no call yet, why is it so hard to get them to take my money? LOL Really they should be able to verify it and sell the pass to you then and there.

We have an AP that was extended out to April 2021 but probably going to cancel our April trip due to masks/reduced experience.
So planning on calling it a loss on our current AP.
I would like to reschedule our trip for Dec 2022.
Would they allow me to buy a new AP now and leave it unactivated until Dec 2022?
From the comments above, it looks like it's questionable to use a Disney gift card on an AP purchase? That must be something new?

The AP purchases are for those that cancelled during the closure, however it doesn't hurt to call and ask. Yes a gift card can be used

Posted in another thread before I saw this one...

I called tonight to check my request from about 2 weeks ago. Spoke with a couple CM's..the first didn't have all the answers but the 2nd knew more. I was told that they were approving every body who's pass expired or they cancelled after mid march till mid august and that they had so many that it could take up to a month to call the PH's back.
I asked about the discount and was told that it would full price at the time of purchase with no option to upgrade 'like from silver to gold" until the passes were open to everyone...but it would be a voucher "for a new pass" to activate from your first day on.
But..... I did not talk to the CM that would actually be the one to take your CC so I guess it might be possible for a discount....but they really don't need to since there is a lot of demand and it is starting over with a new pass.
I take it as a nice gesture to let us AP's get the passes first and await my call...:):)

Last edited:

Posted in another thread before i saw this one...

I called tonight to check my request from about 2 weeks ago. Spoke with a couple CM's..the first didn't have all the answers but the 2nd knew more. I was told that they were approving every body who's pass expired or they cancelled after mid march till mid august and that they had so many that it could take up to a month to call the PH's back.
I asked about the discount and was told that it would full price at the time of purchase with no option to upgrade 'like from silver to gold" until the passes were open to everyone...but it would be a voucher "for a new pass" to activate from your first day on.
But..... I did not talk to the CM that would actually be the one to take your CC so I guess it might be possible for a discount....but they really don't need to since there is a lot of demand and it is starting over with a new pass.
I take it as a nice gesture to let us AP's get the passes first and await my call...:):)
Hopefully they call before my trip....lol

anyone besides me still waiting for a refund?

We're still waiting for about half of our refund. They refunded my pass and my spouse's. For our kids, they only refunded the water park portion (Platinum Plus passes). We're still waiting for the rest. I spoke to them in November or December and they were able to tell me the remaining amount. They said it would be 8 - 12 weeks. I was trying to be patient with them at first, but this is ridiculous.

Day 14 here and no call yet, why is it so hard to get them to take my money? LOL Really they should be able to verify it and sell the pass to you then and there.
Tomorrow will be three weeks for me, so probably another call. Agree. I’m just trying to give them more money!

Just got a call from Disney's "AP Supervisor's Desk", I have spent 9 collective hours on the phone, sent 3 certified letters, 6 emails, tweeted twice, and engaged in 3 chat conversations.

I even went to Disneysprings (from NY) in December to ask speak to a castmember at customer service (who politely told me there was nothing she could do)>

I asked to cancel the passes of my 5 family members in May 2020, immediately after the Orange County Reopening Task Force Meeting when it was determined that the park would reopen in July, and that Disney would give pass holders the option to get a refund for the closure period, or an extension.
I have documents of all of my calls, I have sent a collective copy of all my communications after each contact.
This is the first time anyone has called me back.
What did she say when she called me?
She just wanted to tell me that Disney was 'working on it', and that I will have a refund soon.
"Great! How soon? Can you give me a window? Will it be a matter of a few weeks, or a matter of a few months?" She said she couldn't provide any further information or time windows.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

How is it possible that it is this difficult to issue a refund?

What do I do at this point? It isn't a matter of a huge deal of money... I think I calculated it out to be about $525 total (using the daily prorated amount for my pass).

Should I reach out to the news? An attorney?

I've sent letter to Josh D'Amaro in October about it, and still nothing.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Same here..Called once again this morning..last call a month ago..after an hour and 40 minutes..they investigated again and is “in process”..between Annual Pass Refund for DH and 2 Waterpark refunds for DH and i it totals about $400. Very very frustrated and dissatisfied that we haven’t received yet..☹️☹️

Perhaps call right before they close? I called at 9:45 because I wanted to ask about a refund that I am due. In addition I had some questions about purchasing a new AP. The CM messaged a member on the AP team and before my call was over the CM said if I wanted to go ahead and make the purchase and I said yes. Someone on the AP team called me back 5 minutes later.

Disney called me back finally!!! It took about a month and we were able to buy our Gold passes. They announced right after we had purchased 10 day park hoppers so it was only about $265 to upgrade for the five of us to APs.

when I called to be put on the list to repurchase they said renewal price was not an option.
To clarify:. We had AP. We were only able to use them 1 day last March. COVID hit, so we were not able to use them again. I called WDW in early January and they agreed to refund our APs. I expect to receive a check in the coming months.

Does this mean I cannot repurchase an
AP next year??? Have they suspended the sales of APs to people like me that chose refunds???
when I called to be put on the list to repurchase they said renewal price was not an option.

Does this mean I cannot repurchase an
AP next year??? Have they suspended the sales of APs to people like me that chose refunds???
We received a refund for our AP's, and have since purchased new ones again. Since you canceled previous AP's, you are eligible to buy new ones now. You'll have to pay full price though (not renewal price). What happens, is that you will get AP vouchers that will just sit in your Disney account until you decide to activate them. You have something like 10yrs until they have to be activated. I can't remember the exact end date, but it's around 10yrs from now.

Same here..Called once again this morning..last call a month ago..after an hour and 40 minutes..they investigated again and is “in process”..between Annual Pass Refund for DH and 2 Waterpark refunds for DH and i it totals about $400. Very very frustrated and dissatisfied that we haven’t received yet..☹☹
Hopefully making progress on one of DH checks. Just received a call from Lake Buena Vista, I picked up immediately, lol..
the CM was calling to get a NEW ADDRESS...mind you, we received our partial refunds back in the summer and I gave AP CM's new addresses a month ago...low and behold, CM was calling again to confirm address..
Hopefully one of DH checks will be mailed...gave the CM the reference number that I was given for Friday's call...hopefully we will get this one soon and the other three soon!😀

I received my annual pass refund in July. Will be back in WDW this March and I have a 6 day park ticket. Would I be allowed to convert that park ticket into an AP? I don't go often but do plan to be back Feb 2022 so this would be great for me. I am also DVC if that makes a difference. Thanks.

If I am reading everything correctly, I could buy park tickets and then go to Disney Springs to upgrade to an AP correct? I had canceled our AP's and received a refund. We leave in 10 days and haven't decided on what we want to do yet. The normal rules would apply that you have to upgrade before you used the last park day I assume?

Do you have to go to Disney Springs or can any Guest Services location do the upgrade?

If I am reading everything correctly, I could buy park tickets and then go to Disney Springs to upgrade to an AP correct? I had canceled our AP's and received a refund. We leave in 10 days and haven't decided on what we want to do yet. The normal rules would apply that you have to upgrade before you used the last park day I assume?

Do you have to go to Disney Springs or can any Guest Services location do the upgrade?
Can’t upgrade yet

Hey! Maybe someone can clarify this for me

So my pass was expiring in October 2020 last year. I elected for the refund in august and canceled it. I'm heading back to WDW in May, will i be allowed to renew or repurchase my AP? Any info or clarification helps, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!