AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
With the current closure, I was under the impression, from an email I received from Disney Annual Passholders, that all of our APs would be extended by the number of days the parks are closed.

When we called Disney about our May reservation that has to be moved, we asked about that and were told that is not correct and the only days that will be added on is of your expiration is between March 15th - May 31st. If you do not expire during closure, you will not be given extra days.

We then called to actually make the change and inquire about the free dining since we were in the "affected" group and were told that we will not get extra days at all, only our renewal date is extended and we were told we would not qualify for free dining because we have active APs, although they are set to expire.

I am so confused.

And for the record, I always find CMs super nice. Both of these were a little rude....Like "I am tired of answering the same questions over and over". One actually said that she felt like a broken record and all of the information can be found on the website.

Only days between 3/15 and 5/31 really doesn't seem to make much sense. This is not the only topic that people seem to getting mixed answers to. I would hope/expect that my AP will be extended the number of days that the WDW parks are closed - as they seemed to tell us in the beginning when they announced the closings. And why 5/31? There is not actual significance to that date at this time.

I can't speak to what a phone CM tells you, but Disney's published info on their website is pretty clear:

All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

Annual Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.

For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled.

Over the coming weeks, Annual Pass details in My Disney Experience will be updated to reflect new pass usage information.

Pass blockout and admission calendars will not be updated during the closure period. Please visit this page for the most updated details.

I can't speak to what a phone CM tells you, but Disney's published info on their website is pretty clear:

All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

Annual Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.

For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled.

Over the coming weeks, Annual Pass details in My Disney Experience will be updated to reflect new pass usage information.

Pass blockout and admission calendars will not be updated during the closure period. Please visit this page for the most updated details.

exactly and that is what i pointed out to the CM. I was advised i am misunderstanding the content. :sad2:

We then called to actually make the change and inquire about the free dining ... and we were told we would not qualify for free dining because we have active APs...
You DO qualify for the special free dining offer, however you will need to purchase tickets with that package. It's a full package deal, not parts. You can purchase a minimum requirement (I think it's 2-day tickets) and hold those as a credit to apply towards your AP renewal or just another trip in the future when you need tickets.

As to the AP extension...unless you have a renewal soon, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Let this situation play out. I believe I've read (rumor or truth?) that WDW is waiting for the full closure period to accurately extend APs by that full amount of time. As with anything...if the phone rep doesn't seem to know what you can find written, discount the phone rep (or call back).

Sorry your vacation was impacted, enjoy your rescheduled trip.

Universal stopped taking monthly AP payments out of accounts until it re-opens I don't know why Disney wont do this

Just letting you know, the phone cm have very little information on this, and are not being supported with any type of current info. Wait until the park reopens and then i would look into it

Last edited:

I would believe the official announcement that was sent out over the CMs.
often tthe CMs are the last to know what has changed.

I spoke with someone via chat on the website and they said it would be extended for the number days closed and that the pass renewal period would also be extended. I know they were probably just quoting the site, but at least it was consistent.

Anyone know what will happen with our situation? Our passes expire at the end of June. I booked a trip during the time right after the pass technically expires.

My fastpass day will be coming up this month. Will I be able to make them?

Anyone know what will happen with our situation? Our passes expire at the end of June. I booked a trip during the time right after the pass technically expires.

I don't know with any certainty, but with the way things have been worded - I would attempt to make the FPs, and/or give Disney a call and they may be able to help.

Call the passholder line (407)939-7277. My passes expire before my rescheduled June trip and they were able to put placeholders on my account that should allow me to make fastpasses. It took them a little while, but they were very polite and helpful.

Why did they say you have to cancel your May trip ...
I have two trips in May and have not been told I have to cancel

Why did they say you have to cancel your May trip ...
I have two trips in May and have not been told I have to cancel

They aren't telling people in May to cancel, they are straight up cancelling. Several people in the May trip thread reported being unable to make payments at all and several of us with hard ticket events in May saw said tickets disappear and our money refunded. Disney is also not allowing anyone to book anything new before June 1. If your trips are still showing up it's probably a glitch tbh,

Call the passholder line (407)939-7277. My passes expire before my rescheduled June trip and they were able to put placeholders on my account that should allow me to make fastpasses. It took them a little while, but they were very polite and helpful.
Thanks- I'll try that.

Disney just announced they'll offer partial refunds for AP holders. The announcement also made crystal clear passes will be extended by the number of days closed as the default option.

Disney just announced they'll offer partial refunds for AP holders. The announcement also made crystal clear passes will be extended by the number of days closed as the default option.
Well there are two options for those who use the monthly payment option. The paid in full option is a little different.

has anyone actually seen the date of their pass extended? Right now mine expires April 6 with the 30 discounted renewal period out to May 6th. I don't trust that if I just let May 6th go by when the site says i'm outside my 30 renewal that is just going to magically let me have the discounted rate unless i see in black and white what the actual date it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!