AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

That's basically what they said to me too. There's zero chance of me renewing at the $1100 price right now. If they don't extend my pass/let me register for a theme park, I'll just go to Universal instead (since Delta isn't letting us move our flights again now that it's June), not buying another AP just for that one weekend.

Exact same boat we're in, now that the resort portion of the planning is done, if we aren't able to get reservations for theme parks we'll just head to Universal out of our Disney hotel room :sad2:

That's basically what they said to me too. There's zero chance of me renewing at the $1100 price right now. If they don't extend my pass/let me register for a theme park, I'll just go to Universal instead (since Delta isn't letting us move our flights again now that it's June), not buying another AP just for that one weekend.
I have the exact same plan. They're just not instilling me with confidence that it's going to work out. I'd rather go to Disney, but...

Welp officially a mad AP. With Desantis’s indefinite extension of the mandatory 14 day quarantine for people from the NY tristate, it blows a huge hole in our plan. What happens to us out of state passholders? My clock restarts on the 11th but I’m not allowed on property? Come on....

Welp officially a mad AP. With Desantis’s indefinite extension of the mandatory 14 day quarantine for people from the NY tristate, it blows a huge hole in our plan. What happens to us out of state passholders? My clock restarts on the 11th but I’m not allowed on property? Come on....
I don't think they've confirmed that they're restarting the AP clock on the 11th, have they? I would hope they'd do what's right for people who are supposed to quarantine when they enter the state. This is all turning out to be such a mess. This is my first year as a passholder and I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Someone just posted this from the Orange County health official. Gives me hope it will be gone with the next order.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...c-members-from-new-york.3803387/post-61993901

Yeah unfortunately Dr Pino had little input on the state level. It's all up to the governor

Yes,, but it still can’t hurt giving hope that when things move to Phase 3, DeSantis may decide to end it like he did for LA in Phase 2.

As you said, it’s wait and see what he decides to issue in the next EO.

I just noticed a monthly payment was made on my credit card on June 1,2020 for my Florida annual pass. I thought payments were frozen? Did this happen to anyone else?
It happened to a friend of mine and I was just coming here to inquire about it for her... She said they took 3 payments from her as well. And that she has yet to receive the April refund.

Well, I took the risk and booked a flight...using my credit from canceled April flight to book trip in September to replace April trip. I don't even know if the US will let me in by then 🤪🤞🤞At least I did get 3 trips out of my AP, April was the bonus trip. I didn't put much faith in border opening in July, so we are trying for Sept.

It happened to a friend of mine and I was just coming here to inquire about it for her... She said they took 3 payments from her as well. And that she has yet to receive the April refund.
I’m going to try to call again tomorrow. The wait was 80 minutes. I still haven’t got a refund also. Just a monthly charge!

Reactions: cm8
I know they haven’t really announced anything but can we do a charge back on credit cards for a full “refund” of the annual passes? This has to be some sort of breach of contract on Disney’s part with making us pay for services that we’re “supposed” to get?
I’m on Florida resident month to month payment plan by the way.

I know they haven’t really announced anything but can we do a charge back on credit cards for a full “refund” of the annual passes? This has to be some sort of breach of contract on Disney’s part with making us pay for services that we’re “supposed” to get?
No info on this option yet

There definitely would be no justification to get back the portion of the annual pass that had already passed before the parks shut down. And I'm sure the legal wording will cover them based on whatever they end up offering. Disney's the only park that's even offering any amount of refund that I know of - Universal is only doing extensions, although they've added a bit of extra time on as well (I got an extra month on my Preferred Pass). But they have not given details yet on how/when the refunds or extensions will be selected by passholders or how/when they will be processed.

The complexity of the number of things Disney is figuring out how to handle is enormous. Just looking at annual passes alone, there are so many different access tiers, different payment options, different blackout calculations, different expiration dates, different benefits, refunds vs. extensions, etc. etc. etc. I am frustrated that they've been so silent, but I think they've also previously caused issues for themselves by speaking too soon and I can understand, as annoying as waiting is, that they want to be sure they've really got all their ducks in a row before they move forward or make any more firm announcements. They're starting to run out of time, though, with just a month left before their first opening date...

No info on this option yet
I'm on the monthly payment plan and told my bank to not let Disney take my payments out of my account due to the fact that they are charging me for things that I cannot use ( such as park hopping, guaranteed admission without having to make a reservation)

I'm on the monthly payment plan and told my bank to not let Disney take my payments out of my account due to the fact that they are charging me for things that I cannot use ( such as park hopping, guaranteed admission without having to make a reservation)
Yes, you have mentioned this already.
I understand everyone's stress over the uncertainty, maybe let's keep the thread quiet until actual news comes out?

I feel your pain. We Canadians aren’t even allowed to cross the border into the States at the moment, and rumour has it that the border closing will be extended to at least the end of July. And if it does reopen at some point, we’ll still be subject to a post-vacation 14 day quarantine with fines of up to $1mil if you get caught breaking it for so much as a grocery run (and they have the health depts and police doing home checks). Our APs are pretty useless until the situation resolves itself. I haven’t cancelled our July trip yet, since I’m holding onto that faint hope, but it’s really not looking good.

I just learned today there is a loophole - Canadians can fly to the US; just can’t cross land border. So that should mean I should be OK with Sept booking. I wish the 14 day quarantine would be modified; but not big deal for me as I work from home right now anyways. Once I told my friend this, she’s like so, want to plan another trip in addition 😂

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest