AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I think we all agree they need to do something. Using a July 11th date for the refunds/extensions is going to make a lot of people unhappy. People with regular park tickets got extending to September 2021 which seems to me that Disney expects these restrictions to be in place for a long time. We shouldn't be given less options because we have APs.

Thanks for posting. If I’m reading this correctly seems like a different expectation than what others have posted regarding refunds. I assumed everyone was referring to a refund for the dates WDW is closed (whatever the endpoint turns out to be), not a refund for the remainder of the AP regardless of original expiration date. I suspect the CM you spoke to may not have understood what you meant. I would be surprised if WDW refunds APs for more than the duration of the closure.

They have changed their terms of service, thus nulling their end of the AP contract. Its a totally different process which is why they took my number in case, once they reviewed my account, they needed to contact me for any further explanation. Otherwise it would have simply been "ill take the partial refund" and "ok, you're set!". I made clear I wanted the remainder of my AP refunded from closure until December 28th several times.

I just got off the phone with DVC member services. I was able to purchase two Gold AP renewal vouchers and they were added to my account. Success, as far as that part goes. Now to see when the clock ends on the expired APs and starts on these new ones. I figure, if we don't end up going in September I'll just pay the difference towards new APs.

I just got off the phone with DVC member services. I was able to purchase two Gold AP renewal vouchers and they were added to my account. Success, as far as that part goes. Now to see when the clock ends on the expired APs and starts on these new ones. I figure, if we don't end up going in September I'll just pay the difference towards new APs.
So no information regarding if/when expired APs will be extended and how?

When I called on Monday night and asked about a full refund, I was told that they were only currently offering the extension or refund during closure. I elected for the partial refund in absence of the full refund option. When I asked how long it might take, the CM said 7-9 weeks is what they have been advised to convey. Back on original form of payment unless they are unable to process that form of payment, then it would be a check instead. I used gift cards which I hope I still have. Got a stack of $0 empty ones but unsure which ones I used for the AP purchases. Time will tell.

So no information regarding if/when expired APs will be extended and how?

Honestly, I didn't ask about the extensions. I was just trying to get the call done as quickly as possible since I'm at work and I was on hold for 45 minutes just to get to talk to someone. I figured the DVC rep wouldn't be the person to ask about that anyway.

Has Disney told AP holders that the clock will start ticking and payments resume directly via an email or announcement? Or is everyone assuming because of the reopening dates. If I'm reading Shanghai Disneyland's AP situation correctly the clock hasn't restarted on their passes yet. Won't WDW follow suit?

Has Disney told AP holders that the clock will start ticking and payments resume directly via an email or announcement? Or is everyone assuming because of the reopening dates. If I'm reading Shanghai Disneyland's AP situation correctly the clock hasn't restarted on their passes yet. Won't WDW follow suit?

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

I saw that but it seems the assumption is July 11 is the opening date where in Shanghai the AP restart hasn't happened yet even though they are open. With Disney telling AP holders they may not get in and no mention of payments restarting when they sent it. It seems more likely that APs here won't restart officially until later in the reopening and capacity increases.

I think we all agree they need to do something. Using a July 11th date for the refunds/extensions is going to make a lot of people unhappy. People with regular park tickets got extending to September 2021 which seems to me that Disney expects these restrictions to be in place for a long time. We shouldn't be given less options because we have APs.
I agree with this! My family all have Platinum APs that expired during the closure and my parents have PHs. They're tickets are now good until next Sept while ours will expire well before that. We planned a trip in May (and June) to go together, so now trying to plan a new trip together has been pretty challenging. I have us booked for September 2020, but I'm not sure our expired passes will even be good for that time period. Its been pretty discouraging to say the least. I know no one can help this situation, but it would be really great to have something to look forward to.

They have not said anything but just because SDL did something doesn't mean they'll do the same in every park

They have not said anything but just because SDL did something doesn't mean they'll do the same in every park
It also doesn't mean they won't. I think Disney is too smart to alienate all AP Holders by restarting on July 11 when they can't guarantee admissions for awhile.

They have changed their terms of service, thus nulling their end of the AP contract. Its a totally different process which is why they took my number in case, once they reviewed my account, they needed to contact me for any further explanation. Otherwise it would have simply been "ill take the partial refund" and "ok, you're set!". I made clear I wanted the remainder of my AP refunded from closure until December 28th several times.
Interesting. I called for just the partial refund and didn’t get the “ok, you’re set”...took my info and told I would be called by the “escalation team” (never happened). It’s unfortunate how varied the response is to this issue.

It also doesn't mean they won't. I think Disney is too smart to alienate all AP Holders by restarting on July 11 when they can't guarantee admissions for awhile.
True that they haven't said either way. We have been told to expect a lot of angry people once they give the guidelines. Im just saying don't expect more than what they've posted

Man, I'm getting nervous. I'm finally feeling comfortable that I'll have a place to stay on property on July 27, but now I'm starting to worry that the AP won't be extended in time for me to get park reservations or use it to go to the parks. It expires July 8. Ugh.

True that they haven't said either way. We have been told to expect a lot of angry people once they give the guidelines. Im just saying don't expect more than what they've posted
I agree that people shouldn't expect more than what Disney has posted. But there seems to be a lot of people who think Disney is going to be more generous then reasonably expected. I think once APs begin again Disney will make them whole in some way, add some perks then move on. There will be a lot of unhappy people but some of the expectations are much higher than I would expect.

I think the point that many have made in this thread is that merely extending the AP by ~115 days isn't really reasonable. I lost 115 days of use and once the parks reopens, I have no guarantee of park access and definitely no ability to park hop. As someone who travels 1200 miles to get to Florida, I can't plan a WDW vacation on the hope that I might be able to use my AP. Until WDW ends the "reduced capacity/need a reservation" period, the value of my AP is seriously diminished. Disney knows this. That's why they are accommodating Shanghai AP holders.

I think the point that many have made in this thread is that merely extending the AP by ~115 days isn't really reasonable. I lost 115 days of use and once the parks reopens, I have no guarantee of park access and definitely no ability to park hop. As someone who travels 1200 miles to get to Florida, I can't plan a WDW vacation on the hope that I might be able to use my AP. Until WDW ends the "reduced capacity/need a reservation" period, the value of my AP is seriously diminished. Disney knows this. That's why they are accommodating Shanghai AP holders.
I agree with everything you said. Will you be happy if the parks get to more normal hours and increased capacity by a date like Sept 1 and Disney restarts your pass then and increases your pass length by those total number of days? In other words if Disney made your pass whole for the days you paid for since closing plus the adjustment during the new reservation system?

Not sure if this helps anyone with their decisions, but:

I called last week and after being on hold for literally 80 minutes to get through, I talked to a CM and told them due to my wife's asthma, the changed terms of service by Disney and the restricted access and removal of offerings that I initially bought I wanted the remainder of my AP to be refunded. She said absolutely, took down my info and phone number that they could call if when they reviewed they account they needed to contact me for any explanations of reasonings and that was it. From my experience they are 100% NOT pushing back on people wanting a full refund for the remainder if their AP. I assume they realize what a disaster that would be.

Just curious, what type of pass do you have and have you used it yet? If so, how many days of use have you gotten out of it since activated?

I agree with this, and also a big problem for us is we paid for an AP to go in October 2019 and March/April 2020, specifically those dates, not to go as much as we want between October 2019 and 2020. We can’t necessarily shift that spring break 2020 trip to the period before our passes expire. We are not close enough to schedule that easily, we are not even in the same country lol.

This is not Disney’s fault and they do not owe us more than promised when we purchased the APs, but I do hope they recognize there may be a good number of out of state passholders with similar concerns and work with us on an individual basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter