AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Anyone know what this is about? Just popped up on mde when i opened it just now
View attachment 515795
I also got this. I clicked OK and eventually arrived at the WDW passholder website that had this info:

"We emailed Annual Passholders these details. If you did not receive an email, please call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277 to cancel your pass or for assistance on any individual concerns. The cancellation option can be selected now through August 11, 2020. Please note that once submitted, selections cannot be changed."

I never received the email you all are talking about so I called this morning. Whole call including hold time was less than 20 minutes.

It was sad to cancel the passes, but I know we won't be going before they were set to expire.
CM said to expect a refund to the original form of payment in mid-September. She did ask for my DH to confirm that he wanted his pass cancelled too, and OK me to speak for him.

Has anyone who requested their refund back in April gotten it yet? My pass was never extended more than the one month and I've gotten nothing so far. Very annoyed.
I called to cancel our whole family's passes back in April, and have not had any type of communications specifically about that cancellation. But when I call, they confirm that our request is already in place for refunds in Sept. According to my most recent convo last week, we will be issued 2 refunds: 1 for closure period and 1 for the remaining time on pass. I'm expecting come mid-Sept they will muck it up somehow and I'll still have to call again, but also hoping they have at least 1 competent person on staff to see this through

I'm also assuming they are delaying the mass exodus of cash refunds to Sept so that they didn't show a significant loss during their shareholders meeting this past week. rich shareholders have weak hearts and can't take bad news apparently.

I never received the email you all are talking about so I called this morning. Whole call including hold time was less than 20 minutes.
I’ve been onhold for 2 hours & 45 min thus far :confused3

Afraid to click thru on the email as I only want to cancel my minor GD’s.

I want to keep my & DH’s APHs, don’t want to see them all get cancelled clicking thru the ink as it states it’s non-reversible.

I’ve been onhold for 2 hours & 45 min thus far :confused3

Afraid to click thru on the email as I only want to cancel my minor GD’s.

I want to keep my & DH’s APHs, don’t want to see them all get cancelled clicking thru the ink as it states it’s non-reversible.

Oh, sorry. I called about 8:30 AM Eastern. Don't blame you for wanting to call - I wouldn't trust the email links either if I only wanted to cancel some of the family's APs. Good luck!

I'm also assuming they are delaying the mass exodus of cash refunds to Sept so that they didn't show a significant loss during their shareholders meeting this past week. rich shareholders have weak hearts and can't take bad news apparently.
Their fiscal year ends on September 30, so I don't think that's it. I think they just want to do one final refund run and get all the AP refunds into this fiscal year. (IMO, t would be a big administrative hassle to keep issuing refunds on a piece-meal basis. At least my Company's accounting Department would think so, LOL). Since you have to request your refund by 8/11, mid-September sounds about right to issue the refunds.

Oh, sorry. I called about 8:30 AM Eastern. Don't blame you for wanting to call - I wouldn't trust the email links either if I only wanted to cancel some of the family's APs. Good luck!
Thanks, it only took another 20 minutes and I was talking to the loveliest CM.

She advised telling others to try the chat feature. Said it can get really backed up but they can process cancellations too, just in a more round-about fashion.

Did discover a few ‘new to me’ things. Thought i’d Share, apologies if already mentioned in this loooong thread lol

1) Thought that the dates I currently see in our MDE were the final ones as they’ve been extended at least twice as I recall. She checked and said, no, next month we will be seeing another month’s extension. Yea!

2) was very hopeful/encouraging that renewals/new APH sales would commence once they work their way thru the current processing issues.

3) GD’s AP renewal was paid via a CC & larger portion on a GC I no longer have. She said to avoid issues, all GC purchases will now be going out in the form of a check in mid to late October. The CC refunds expected in mid September.

I apologise as this is slightly off topic, but is there also a deadline for extensions/ refunds for TiW?

Sorry, also..... at the moment I am corresponding with guest mail and the VIPassholder people about my AP, the deadline, lack of correspondence etc. If I want someone more senior to consider my case, who should I ask for it to be referred to?

Hoping some one can shed some light... I just called the AP line and cancelled my out of state Platinum annual pass which per the CM goes into cancel status on 8/12/20. The CM I spoke with didn't know a lot about the process. So, I am a little confused. I got the annual pass 12/15/2019 as I upgraded it from a 8 day park hopper park ticket about two days before my trip ended. My AP was extended out until 5/2021. Per the conversation with the CM, they can't tell you what your refund is and you won't receive it until maybe September and it will go back to the original payment, which is fine as I used the Disney credit card... But she said that the refund is based on the park closure until your original expiration date. So if the park closed in March, does that mean that I would get basically a 7 month (March to December) refund on the pass? Also, you don't receive a confirmation on the cancellation which I thought was odd.
If you elected to have your AP date extended instead of getting the partial refund for the closure period, then your new expiration date is the end date for the full refund. If you chose the full refund instead of the additional 30 day extension, the amount should be based on the number of days from 7/11/2020 -> your extended date based on closure period (original expiration date + 117 days)

However...

We had APs that were upgraded from tickets as well. I just got the refunds back to the card we used for the upgrade (original tickets were purchased third party), and the refund amount only reflected the amount that we actually paid for the upgrade ($450), not the full AP amount (which at the time, January 2020, would have been $1,119). Had I known this, I'm not sure I would have elected for the closure period refund, because the alternative would have been an extension of the APs until 7/1/2021. If they do the same thing with with the full cancellation, we will have essentially paid $800 each for our tickets, which were used on a single trip. : (

If you elected to have your AP date extended instead of getting the partial refund for the closure period, then your new expiration date is the end date for the full refund. If you chose the full refund instead of the additional 30 day extension, the amount should be based on the number of days from 7/11/2020 -> your extended date based on closure period (original expiration date + 117 days)

However...

We had APs that were upgraded from tickets as well. I just got the refunds back to the card we used for the upgrade (original tickets were purchased third party), and the refund amount only reflected the amount that we actually paid for the upgrade ($450), not the full AP amount (which at the time, January 2020, would have been $1,119). Had I known this, I'm not sure I would have elected for the closure period refund, because the alternative would have been an extension of the APs until 7/1/2021. If they do the same thing with with the full cancellation, we will have essentially paid $800 each for our tickets, which were used on a single trip. : (
Oh goodness I wish I would have known that before choosing the refund option. I estimated getting over $800 back on the refund but if they only refund what you paid to upgrade to an annual pass, then that is significantly less. And just like you, I would have spent $800 for my ticket on one trip. Blah

I’m now going to play will I get the Tinkerbell magnet or my virtual shorts medals first (then again most AP snail mail goes to my mom who didn’t renew)

Oh, oh, oh! Tink is my favorite character! I’m looking forward to getting this one - I’m glad it’s coming in the mail. Well, I mean I hope it comes....
The 30% is pretty cool too. We shopped a lot more than normal because the price was actually reasonable and not insane expensive.

look at the lovely AP magnet you'll get (maybe) if you don't cancel
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...orld-resort-enjoy-discounts-extras-in-august/
Are they kidding with this?

I just want to know if I choose to cancel how much my refund will be, and I shouldn't have to wait on hold for over 2 hours to find out. I don't want another e-mail (that I may or may NOT get) saying 'As our most cherished guests'.... I want an email (with the link) that brings me to my request that tells me what that amount is.

I get this is a huge undertaking, and unprecedented, but that historically tends to be what Disney does best.

Our family has 3 annual passes. I only got one email with our last name., not first names. If I request a partial refund, will it give me the partial refund for all 3 passes?

Magnet or AP extension... which will show first? 3 out of 4 still have the bonus month but not the 117 days.

However...

About that math.......Using fake numbers.....say you paid $500 for 5 day ticket. You then went to disney and paid an extra $100 to upgrade to AP.

Are you saying you only got a refund based on the $100?

We bought tickets from Undercover tourist and upgraded to AP that we plan to cancel. Now I'm concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter