AP for snowbird full-tme RVers?

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
My husband just retired from the military, we've sold our house, and we are (temporarily) full-time RVers for this winter, or until we find the perfect house/my oldest has to start school next August, whichever comes first. We have reservations to be in central Florida 2-3 months, but we are switching campgrounds every week or two, so it's not like we have a lease anywhere. We just registered all our vehicles in our old state before he retired, so is the most expensive annual pass our only Disney AP option?

Regular tickets are only good for a few days after first use, right? Really hoping they bring back the military salute tickets, but still it'd be nice to be able to drop into to Epcot or AK for a few hours, but I can't see spending over $4K to get the family APs.

@Wendysofftoneverland,

You have to demonstrate Florida residency (not just Florida vacationing) to get Florida AP. The requirements to qualify as Florida resident are listed here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/

Best is a Florida Drivers License or similar photo ID.

If not that, it lists other forms of accepted documentation. If vehicles are registered in Florida, that is one possible option (but you said yours weren't). If you can't establish Florida residency, then yes the most expensive AP is your only AP option as an out-of-state resident.

Regular tickets are indeed only good within a window of time. For example, a plain 4-day ticket must be used within 7 days starting from the first day of use. The DIS Theme Park Forum has a sticky thread with that info:

See post #2 in this thread

Good luck on your winter adventure. Florida is a beautiful state and there is more to it than just the theme parks.

Bama Ed

PS - this is a cat-and-mouse game that Disney is VERY wise to

Last edited:
Thanks for the thorough info. Looks like we might just get Seaworld and possibly Legoland passes. Universal doesn't seem to be a good fit for the preschool crowd. We have already been able to visit places like the botanical gardens, go swimming in natural springs, and shop at the outlet mall, which we never made time for on weeklong trips.

I really hope Disney brings back the military salute though, for the week we are staying at Disney and the times extended family will be down here going to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter