AP Canadians

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
I don't think I have ever seen an AP thread.

Members: Our Family of 6(plus mom)
Since: 2018

What other Annual Passholders are out there from Canada?

I don't think I have ever seen an AP thread.

Members: Our Family of 6(plus mom)
Since: 2018

What other Annual Passholders are out there from Canada?
Not one but really considering of buying one. Then price hike happen. Then couple weeks went buy still thinking of buying one lol Because I was pricing out stuff and it still might be worth. Still thinking though.

Not one but really considering of buying one. Then price hike happen. Then couple weeks went buy still thinking of buying one lol Because I was pricing out stuff and it still might be worth. Still thinking though.

We were considering renewing then the price hike happened, then we said oh well we will only renew our one daughter because she goes 4-5 times a year but then we found out if we bought DVC that it has a benefit to get Gold Annual passes for $594(renewal) and that was enough for us to renew and buy DVC. With the cost of tickets now its pretty easy to get our monies worth out of a $594 annual pass.

We were considering renewing then the price hike happened, then we said oh well we will only renew our one daughter because she goes 4-5 times a year but then we found out if we bought DVC that it has a benefit to get Gold Annual passes for $594(renewal) and that was enough for us to renew and buy DVC. With the cost of tickets now its pretty easy to get our monies worth out of a $594 annual pass.
Yeah with that price that is a really good deal.

Hubby and I have APs, live in Markham, ON. Had them this time since May 2018, but did have them for a few years about a decade ago.

My biggest frustration is that we don’t get any of the AP email communications, no MBs unless we use a US mailing address, and even on the website we can’t see AP offers or info unless we switch the country code to the US. They’ll take our money quickly enough, but won’t figure out a way to send us a simple emailed newsletter (because I don’t buy their claim that the newsletter violates our anti-spam laws, since it’s a requested email, but hey, I’m not a lawyer so what do I know).

Hubby and I bought AP's this year but only because we are doing an 8 day trip this November and then another 14 or 15 day trip in October next year.

Hubby and I have APs, live in Markham, ON. Had them this time since May 2018, but did have them for a few years about a decade ago.

My biggest frustration is that we don’t get any of the AP email communications, no MBs unless we use a US mailing address, and even on the website we can’t see AP offers or info unless we switch the country code to the US. They’ll take our money quickly enough, but won’t figure out a way to send us a simple emailed newsletter (because I don’t buy their claim that the newsletter violates our anti-spam laws, since it’s a requested email, but hey, I’m not a lawyer so what do I know).
But I get annoying emails from them all the time lol and I get newsletter from other companies all the time that I signup for. Okay on that last point. I giving them a huge side eye.

Family of 4 living in Newfoundland. We buy the gold AP's. Recent price increase was brutal but it is still one of the best deals going especially when you are able to get two trips in a 12 month span...

We buy APs every other year. Get four trips or so out of one pass—usually about thirty days. We buy the dvc gold passes. I’m headed to Newfoundland tomorrow for a holiday @Greg36 !

Also from Newfoundland and just purchased direct Riviera. We are going to purchasing Gold AP's before our next trip!

Southern Ontario AP holders of various types of APs since 2010, including Premier passes for a number of years until the price went insane...I love knowing that we can head down for a weekend and not have to worry about tickets.

We were AP holders, wife and I, two years ago and have again purchased certificates which we will activate in December. We live in Brampton Ontario. We go 1-2 times a year. We are going for 14 days over Christmas and New Years this year. We bought ours from Sam’s club online at old AP prices before Sam’s increased them. Saved us about $400.

its pretty easy to get our monies worth out of a $594 annual pass.
Lucky you got them before the price hike, its now $699 plus tax for a total of $744. I'm trying to decide whether to make a second trip next year, I'm already booked for February and thinking of a F&W trip then a break for a couple of years. It doesn't make sense for me unless I can get 2 trips out of it. Dratted price hike!

Family of 4 from Bowmanville Ontario.
We purchased this past January using our DVC discount... activated them the end of May when had a ten day trip .. have another 10 day trip coming up in December... trying to squeeze one more trip in the spring before they expire.. undetermined if we will renew.. definitely enjoyed the freedom and saving this past June when we stayed at BLT and could walk over to MK or a quick mono rail to Epcot

Also from Newfoundland and just purchased direct Riviera. We are going to purchasing Gold AP's before our next trip!

Good for you on your Riviera purchase. It's a great looking resort. We are DVC members also and enjoy the flexibility of our annual passes.

Lucky you got them before the price hike, its now $699 plus tax for a total of $744. I'm trying to decide whether to make a second trip next year, I'm already booked for February and thinking of a F&W trip then a break for a couple of years. It doesn't make sense for me unless I can get 2 trips out of it. Dratted price hike!

No I haven't gotten them yet. The $594 is the renewal price($699 before renewal). Our passes expire in Sept.

Family of 4 from Ottawa with APs. This is our second year. DH travels for work, so we accumulate many many Aeroplan miles and hotel reward points that bring down our travel costs. It is great to be able to go multiple times! Also holding on to an AP voucher expiring in 2030 purchased before the price hike through Sam's club. :) Glad to see we are not the only ones who come from up north!

Single, non-DVC here in Halifax. I've had APs for a few years now. I usually get 3-5 trips per year of about 7 days each, which still makes an AP worthwhile, even with the giant price hike. I always have an airmiles ticket of some type to redeem for the renewal so that helps make it easier on the wallet, and I get the best use out of the AP discounts and the Memory Maker photos. I'm going to be making the transition to semi retirement in January so my trips won't have to be tied to starting and ending on weekends, which should make airfare and hotel stays a bit cheaper :smooth:

I had WDW APs for years and went 2x a year. Then 2 big price hikes. After the first one I stopped renewal. Cut my trips to once a year. With all the price hikes for this summer due to Starwars opening - room rate hikes, less discounts, food, etc we haven’t booked WDW at all. Not paying those prices.

Got a Universal AP in May which is much more reasonable and booked Universal Deluxe hotel for the price of a WDW moderate, and comes with unlimited Express Pass. Leaving Sunday for our second trip on this AP.

We were AP holders, wife and I, two years ago and have again purchased certificates which we will activate in December. We live in Brampton Ontario. We go 1-2 times a year. We are going for 14 days over Christmas and New Years this year. We bought ours from Sam’s club online at old AP prices before Sam’s increased them. Saved us about $400.

Can you tell me more about this? I assume Sam's club in the US? (we had one here years ago and I'm not sure if any still exist in Canada). If so, do you actually drive down periodically to purchase stuff, or purchase exclusively online. I assume it is worth the membership cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter