AP activation

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
I've been told that if my AP is not yet activated but is linked to my MDE that i can enter a park since it's on my band. the activation is only to get a hard pass and need not be done to just enter the park. i have always activated my pass beforehand. is the info given me correct. i am doubtful

The information you have been given is incorrect. Your AP has to be activated in order to be used for admission. You can activate the pass at any ticket booth or Guest Relations location.

Steve

Yes this is how it worked for me. It was activated at the turnstiles. You are asked for the hard AP to obtain any AP discount when shopping but generally they will accept the confirmation on the app.

I was told (this year) that I could go on in & it'd be activated at the turnstile, which was different from what I'd done in the past. I got a blue light at the turnstile and had to go to Guest Relations, who directed me to a different booth (this was at MK) who activated my band. That person said that it might've worked if it was my first AP, but because I had so many years of tickets on my account it bounced me out and the CM had to move the active one to the top of the digital queue that the turnstile checks. So.....it might work. It didn't for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter