Anyone watched WandaVision

I really liked it, I grew up with re-runs of bewitched, dick van dyke ect. so I nailed the homes, and situations- so funny. My kids (18yrs-25) got something else out of it and all in all we liked it for what we personally saw and when we compared it to avengers (wanda and vision's relationship ect) we came to a few predictions that were common.
I am looking forward to what else comes!!

I watched it. I had no background other than the descriptive blurb they provided. I truly Disliked it. The acting, the storyline, the awful, repeat Awful laugh track. I hardly made it thru the show, 1st episode. Perhaps knowing the background info and/or fan of same would have helped?
yeah, once and done, Pass!

It was meh to me. Having a background in the characters wouldn't help much. Visions' history is a mess. And the Scarlet Witch isn't much better. She's mental.

Now, I disliked End Game. What an even bigger mess.

I watched it the day it was released and I can't wait for Episode 3. Every episode is set during a different decade, episode one was based on The Dick Van Dyke Show, episode 2 on Bewitched and I hear episode 3 could be The Brady Bunch. As a massive fan of both DvanD and Bewitched I absolutely loved how they caught the spirit of those shows but remained really quirky. I can't wait to see the rest of the series.

It’s for both, and somewhat older kids at that, since the movies are PG-13. None of this is aimed at young kids.

My kids are 10 and 14, and while they didn’t get the references, they enjoyed the general weirdness and are excited to see where it’s heading
Not everything on Disney+ is aimed at the kids. I really enjoyed Jeff Goldblum and that wasn't really aimed at kiddoes, nor is a lot of stuff on Nat Geo and I'm looking forward to Star coming on and catching up with shows I've never seen.

I watched it. I had no background other than the descriptive blurb they provided. I truly Disliked it. The acting, the storyline, the awful, repeat Awful laugh track. I hardly made it thru the show, 1st episode. Perhaps knowing the background info and/or fan of same would have helped?
yeah, once and done, Pass!

The show isn't going to stay in the 50s/60s sitcom format with a laugh track.

It seems like the less you know about the source material, the more you like it. I know squat about the source material and I thought it was very creative and well done.

The comics get pretty complicated - I try to keep them seperate but can see the influences. It doesn't harmy my enjoyment at all. The only thing that bothers me is how the MCU outclasses the comics constantly to the point that the comics have become so terrible.

Marvel Television was separate from Marvel Studios, the shows are still considered part of the MCU.
I think Marvel TV considers it more than Marvel Studios. They varied from show to show but like I said outside of Jarvis, we only heard the references one way and not the other.

I think Marvel TV considers it more than Marvel Studios. They varied from show to show but like I said outside of Jarvis, we only heard the references one way and not the other.

I think how it worked was that the movies reserved the right to overturn anything from the shows - but they never really did it. Over time though the shows moved into being their own thing and referencing the movies less.

The comics get pretty complicated - I try to keep them seperate but can see the influences. It doesn't harmy my enjoyment at all. The only thing that bothers me is how the MCU outclasses the comics constantly to the point that the comics have become so terrible.

The MCU take is often better because it's mostly based on the lower tier characters. Have you read Iron Man? Other than the storyline where he recovers from being an alcoholic, it's not good.

The MCU take is often better because it's mostly based on the lower tier characters. Have you read Iron Man? Other than the storyline where he recovers from being an alcoholic, it's not good.

Oh, I've read Iron Man. I probably have hundreds of Iron Man comics and he is one of my favorite Marvel characters! There are a lot of good runs on the book, but there are also a lot fo bad ones. Some are extremely bad. They based Iron Man 3 on the "Extremis" storyline which a lot of people love but I absolutely hate. I very much dislike the writer that did it too so I am predisposed to not see his work favorably, but still. The MCU version of that story was pretty different and actually much, much better! The smae is true of Civil War. In the comics that story just ruined several heroes, pretty much forever. Iron Man and Reed Richards basically became murderers. The movie played it much better.

Oh, I've read Iron Man. I probably have hundreds of Iron Man comics and he is one of my favorite Marvel characters! There are a lot of good runs on the book, but there are also a lot fo bad ones. Some are extremely bad. They based Iron Man 3 on the "Extremis" storyline which a lot of people love but I absolutely hate. I very much dislike the writer that did it too so I am predisposed to not see his work favorably, but still. The MCU version of that story was pretty different and actually much, much better! The smae is true of Civil War. In the comics that story just ruined several heroes, pretty much forever. Iron Man and Reed Richards basically became murderers. The movie played it much better.

Super heroes blew up a playground of children in the comic. The movies took a much different route. Not a great story to adapt.

Super heroes blew up a playground of children in the comic. The movies took a much different route. Not a great story to adapt.

Right. I hated the comic story - but the MCU version I liked much better. It's still based on sketchy subject matter, but they didn't make Tony into a pure, mustache-twirling villain.

I can get pretty passionate about this stuff, so I'm always cognizant of it. I would prefer they stay away from the stories that I dislike. The X-Men have hurt me so much that I don't even like seeing them mentioned anymore. It's like breaking up with a girlfriend!

Last edited:
Watched the first 2 episodes last night. I hadn't heard of the series but our (adult) son wanted to show it to us. Hubby and I really enjoyed it. Loved the sitcom settings and can't wait to see the next episode. I think this series may have been made for our demographic.

Right. I hated the comic story - but the MCU version I liked much better. It's still based on sketchy subject matter, but htye didn't make Tony into a pure, mustache-twirling villain.

I can get pretty passionate about this stuff, so I'm always cognizant of it. I would prefer they stay away from the stories that I dislike. The X-Men have hurt me so much that I don't even like seeing them mentioned anymore. It's like breaking up with a girlfriend!

The whole Tony Stark storyline about heroes keeping their identity secret versus revealing was a bit much too. I'm just not a fan of the Civil War storyline.

Now, I'd love to see Kraven in the new Spider-man movies.

Hello!! Looking forward to this series, looks kinda odd, even creepy (the Wanda smile in the trailer), but gonna watch because of Vision. Vision is my favorite of the bunch from Avengers. Weird, I know, he is not exactly the popular one, but I think of him as a very emotional, and intelligent character. The parting scene with Wanda ("I feel you") was easily my favorite bit from the entire movie. I do wonder is the entire series shot in B&W? Either way, I am gonna watch it once the whole season is out. :magnify:

Hello!! Looking forward to this series, looks kinda odd, even creepy (the Wanda smile in the trailer), but gonna watch because of Vision. Vision is my favorite of the bunch from Avengers. Weird, I know, he is not exactly the popular one, but I think of him as a very emotional, and intelligent character. The parting scene with Wanda ("I feel you") was easily my favorite bit from the entire movie. I do wonder is the entire series shot in B&W? Either way, I am gonna watch it once the whole season is out. :magnify:

Nope, just the first two episodes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter