Anyone try the RBT Fantasmic Premium seating?

We did this package a couple of nights ago and I'm not sure I'd do it again. Maybe if I'd never seen Fantasmic and I couldn't sit on the ground for one of the other dining packages, or if there was some way to guarantee one of the closer tables.

We ended up in the second row over towards the right if you're looking toward the ROA. There was a pole in my view and we were so far over that the mist projections were blurry. The view of what was going on on the water was blocked by people standing in the FP areas, and some of the rest of the view was obstructed by people who had kids on their shoulders. Like the part where the walking brooms come out that's down on the water, I only knew they were there because I could see the top half of the brooms and I recognized them from the music and having seen Fantasmic (the movie) a number of times. There's also a large tree in between the restaurant and the ROA -- most of the time it wasn't in the way, but there was some stuff that disappeared into the tree top. I've done the Dessert Party at DCA twice and that view is FAR superior to the River Belle view. The other thing is that you're far enough back that it just didn't feel in the bubble, if that makes any sense. The music isn't as loud as it would be if you had a regular FP or as it is at the Dessert Party, for instance. On the positive side, we had a seat and we could see most of what was going on on Tom Sawyer Island and the larger projections that were right in front. Later in our trip we were in the seated FP area and that view was FAR better.

I also was unimpressed with the food. After seeing good reviews for the ribs, I ordered the pork ribs and DD14 ordered beef. The pork ribs were tender and they had good flavor, but they were cooked to the point of being mushy. DD14 didn't like the sauce on her beef ribs (and she's a big rib eater). We ended up sending hers back and she got the pork instead. The serving size was VERY big ... we could have easily split a meal. She had the soup as her appetizer and it was so thick it was the consistency of a pudding instead of soup (which means it had most likely been sitting for a while). I had the salad, which was good. We both had the dragon dessert ... it was ok but nothing spectacular. Service was good.

We originally had reservations for 4 because that's all I was able to make on the phone ... they said they didn't have anything available for 2. We arrived and told them the other two had canceled. It wasn't a problem.

For $150 plus tax and tip for two people ... it was a disappointment.

when did you make your reservations? Did you stay on-site and link them to your stay?Wondering how they assign tables. If staying on site matters.

I don't remember exactly when I made the reservations, but I want to say maybe 3 or 4 weeks out. No, we did not stay onsite this trip. I've read speculation elsewhere that they assign tables based on how far out you make your reservation, but I don't know if that's true or not. Haven't ever heard that onsite guests get a better table.

We were in row two, so there was another row of tables behind us.

This is my view from our 2nd row table. The walkway in front of RBT was kept pretty clear so people walking by wasn't really an issue, but note the guests seated in front of us, the kids on shoulders, the large tree on the right, and the pole located in the restaurant, all of which partially blocked the view. I could have gotten up and stood in the back of the restaurant to get rid of the view of the pole, but overall it just wasn't a great view. You can see that the waterline where some of the projections happen is really not visible at all. Even the view of the guests in the front row would be partially blocked from the guests standing watching the show on the other side of the walkway.

ROA from RBT.jpeg

I've watched the show from a "stand by" spot (ie, grabbing a spot where I could) in the past in front of HM ... this was a better view than that was, but the other dining packages definitely have better views than RBT IMO.

This is my view from our 2nd row table. The walkway in front of RBT was kept pretty clear so people walking by wasn't really an issue, but note the guests seated in front of us, the kids on shoulders, the large tree on the right, and the pole located in the restaurant, all of which partially blocked the view. I could have gotten up and stood in the back of the restaurant to get rid of the view of the pole, but overall it just wasn't a great view. You can see that the waterline where some of the projections happen is really not visible at all. Even the view of the guests in the front row would be partially blocked from the guests standing watching the show on the other side of the walkway.

View attachment 343247
Thanks for posting that. It really is an awful view. At the very least they should only be selling that first row.

This is my view from our 2nd row table...
I've watched the show from a "stand by" spot (ie, grabbing a spot where I could) in the past in front of HM ... this was a better view than that was, but the other dining packages definitely have better views than RBT IMO.

Oh my. Thank you for posting that photo. I agree with you that even standby viewing can be much better than that.

Aww geez. Thanks for posting this photo -- I appreciate the honest review. DH and I think we will cancel our reservation and put the money toward a nice dinner at Carthay instead. That view is pretty bad for the hefty price tag.

View attachment 343247

Thank you for your post with pics. It does help in deciding whether or not to do the upgrade. We will be doing this premium package when we go because I need a chair, not a cushion on concrete.

We did the premium seating a couple weeks ago. I made our reservations the first day they were available. Our table was the first row against the rail. The names were on the tables before we even checked in so it’s definitely something they determine beforehand. We loved our view and felt it was totally worth it. I knew we’d be back behind the crowds, similar to the WOC dessert dining. And I knew we wouldn’t see some things happening on the waters level. I might not have been as happy if we were in a different row. But I got exactly what I expected. Pics are not cooperating with me so I’ll try adding them later.

ETA: Adding pics

Attachments

• fantasmic.jpg
    fantasmic.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 60
  • fantasmic 1.jpg
    fantasmic 1.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

View attachment 343247

Thank you for this post. We had reserved this last year but had to cancel. I was thinking of doing it this year, but i think we are better off doing any of the other way less expensive packages and having a better view.

Thank you for your post with pics. It does help in deciding whether or not to do the upgrade. We will be doing this premium package when we go because I need a chair, not a cushion on concrete.

Yeah, that's why I did it as well. I have a hard time getting up from the ground due to a knee issue. Honestly, that would be the ONLY reason to do this package IMO.

We did the premium seating a couple weeks ago. I made our reservations the first day they were available. Our table was the first row against the rail. The names were on the tables before we even checked in so it’s definitely something they determine beforehand. We loved our view and felt it was totally worth it. I knew we’d be back behind the crowds, similar to the WOC dessert dining. And I knew we wouldn’t see some things happening on the waters level. I might not have been as happy if we were in a different row. But I got exactly what I expected. Pics are not cooperating with me so I’ll try adding them later.

ETA: Adding pics

It would definitely be nice if there was a way to guarantee a particular table! I think the only problem with that would be on DL's end ... there aren't many tables that are right in that front row.

The other problem with this package is that it's $75 per person (plus tax and tip) and if Fantasmic doesn't end up playing that evening, you're SOL. No refunds. At least with the Dessert Party you don't pay if there's no WOC since the whole thing is cancelled.

What time do you start to check in for the RBT Prmium seating?

Check in was at 8 on the night we did it. (This was for the early show.) They pretty much start serving you as soon as you sit down, so you're done eating by the time F! starts. Although there were some people who arrived later and were being served during F!

It doesn't do you any good to arrive before the designated time since your table is pre-assigned. Ironically, the people I saw who arrived late and were served late were one of the groups right at the rail!

Weare still trying to decide. We currently have an RBT regular and premium reservation. Will be going with my sister-in-law and my nephew. He is special needs and she’s thinking the premium will feel less crowded/chaotic and be better for him. But, if he can’t see the show, that’s going to be a problem too.

Weare still trying to decide. We currently have an RBT regular and premium reservation. Will be going with my sister-in-law and my nephew. He is special needs and she’s thinking the premium will feel less crowded/chaotic and be better for him. But, if he can’t see the show, that’s going to be a problem too.
I'd try calling the dining number to see if they can tell you which table you're assigned to? Maybe explain your concerns to them and see if they can make sure you're right on the rail. Its definitely less crowded/chaotic than any of the other seating options.

What time do you start to check in for the RBT Prmium seating?
8:00 was our seating time but we showed up around 7:45. Others were already seated when we showed up. They seated us right away and let us order. Like PP said you don't need to show up early because the tables are already assigned. But hey, if you're ready to sit down and get started it seems they're happy to seat you early.

8:00 was our seating time but we showed up around 7:45. Others were already seated when we showed up. They seated us right away and let us order. Like PP said you don't need to show up early because the tables are already assigned. But hey, if you're ready to sit down and get started it seems they're happy to seat you early.

Thanks... was there last night and we showed up around 7:50. What a great surprise that we were seated by the rails (I called and reserved maybe 2 weeks after reservation opened). We are party of 12 divided into 2 tables. Loved the tofu and and malifecent dragon dessert.

I'd try calling the dining number to see if they can tell you which table you're assigned to? Maybe explain your concerns to them and see if they can make sure you're right on the rail. Its definitely less crowded/chaotic than any of the other seating options.

Thanks for the suggestion...she’s going to give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter