Anyone stayed at Homewood Suites on Palm Parkway?

ocalla

DIS Veteran
How was your experience? Is it close to WDW?

Thanks in advance

**A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.**

WDW 90-offsite
92-offsite
93-CBR
96-CBR
97-DxL
3/00-ASMo
12/00-CBR

Hi:

We stayed there last Feb/Mar for a week. You might even be able to search the boards for responses to this question.

We enjoyed the homewood. It was clean and the staff was pleaseant. It is very close to DTD-- maybe a mile. It is about 1/2 mile from the crossroads shopping center with lots of restaurants and an overpriced grocery store (Goodings).

We loved the location. It is quiet yet close to everything. The pool is small and so is the hot tub and "game room". It certainly doesn't have a resort ambiance;however, we wanted something quiet.
The breakfast was quite nice from fruit, pastries, cold cereal to eggs (something they were trying out). Monday thru Thursday they had a "social". Free wine, soda, beer, and some munchies. Nothing elaborate, but it worked for us. We had a queen suite with 2 beds. It was nice to be able to close the door to the bedroom if someone wanted to watch TV. The bedroom also had a TV. Unfortunately the access to the bathroom was through the bedroom. There was a sleeper sofa in the living area. The kitchenette had a stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, coffeemaker and full size fridge. We loved having the fridge. There weren't lots of dishes, but we only warmed up leftover takeout so it was ok for us. I wouldn't want to cook elaborate meals. It also had laundry facilities on the first floor.

We are actually staying there again this Feb/Mar for 4 nights.

We had a rental car so we didn't use the shuttle.
Hope this helps.

BigDave

Sorry, it's in caps but I was really impressed with this place. It is a Hilton owned property. I am a Hilton Honor guest so I had even more privelges (SP??). I got free bottled water and had checkout late option.

The breakfast was a zoo but the food choices was more than I had expected. They even had scrambled eggs and sausages.

If I was not a DVC member, this is where I would stay all the time. It is so close to Disney. We had a King suite for $79/night. It had a full kitchen and a full refridgerator.

There is a laundry room and a game room. It's close to restaurants. We had a car. It was cold during NY week. Otherwise we would have walked.

Have fun, relax, and enjoy.

MMCD

I have to agree whole heartedly with the previous to replys about homewoodsuites. We to are going to stay there again this year March-April. There are two Homewoods in the surrounding area. One in Lake Buenovista, and one Kissimee. I am not sure which is on Palm. The on that we have stayed at four times now is the one in Kissimee. They are the only one of the two locations that has a heated pool. If you have kids, that matters alot!!! We love the place, and its quitness. Our kids love the game room, and the Continental breakfast.

I can not say enough good things about the place. If you have Triple AAA, they get the best discount. I am getting the suite for $99.00 a night.

A very good friend of mine will be going in Februday (for Mardi Gras) and made reservations there.

They are a family of 6, plus the grandparents are also going. There was no way they could afford a Suite on Disney Grounds, and this was the best option they found.

Of course she has been worried about the quality, and the location and new just the person to ask!!

I can't wait to tell her the great news.

Thanks for the replies.

**A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.**

WDW 90-offsite
92-offsite
93-CBR
96-CBR
97-DxL
3/00-ASMo
12/00-CBR

My husband and I stayed there in early March of last year. The Palm Pkwy location is great because you are very close to the parks and 1 block onto the main road you have all the restaurants - Macaroni Grill, Sizzlers, many more. We had Chinese takeout from the Chinese restaurant near the corner of Palm and the main road (Rte 535 or 536??) - it was very good but priced a little high.
We had a king suite. Everything the other posts said are true. The staff was great, the free breakfast is very good - but does get a little crowded at peak breakfast time - but the staff always walk around with a smile and ask how your breakfast is . The living room in the suite is very nice - you even get a rocker recliner chair - very comfy and the kitchen has a little dishwasher.
When you first checkin - they leave a microwave popcorn bag for you to use and some coffees for the coffeepot - nice touches.
The only thing is finding a luggage wheelie when checking out.
Terrific place - no complaints - only high compliments from me - and a great price!
Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter