anyone sew? ideas

tkme4ard

Merry Christmas!
I've decided to make the girls a special outfit for each day we're in WDW.

So far I have

I pink gingham /floral dress for my 3 yo with a applique of sleeping beauty for our princess breakfast

for her bday dinner I made an outfit using micky mouse /patchwork (dinner at chef mickeys)

I made them both outfits to wear to the Italian family reunion next week and they will wear those to Epcot LOL (red, white, green)

am I silly or are these fun? I have more to do (animal outfit for AK) if anyone wants to see what I've done I'll post pics

Angela

I think that sounds adorable. I can sew, but I don't enjoy it, and I have tremendous respect for folks that enjoy sewing and creating wonderful things, especially clothes! Have a great trip, I'll bet your girls will look adorable!

Candi

I do not sew but wish I could and admire anyone who does. I would LOVE to see pictures! :)

Jill

revamped barbie overalls

not quite done with these either. I need to sew on the appliques. I cut them off to capri length and added the pink ruffle to the legs but....eh.... thinking they would be cuter as shorts.

the pocket isn't sewn on and it's not a double thickness like I'd normally do so it's see through but when it's done it won't be. Anyway I was just trying to see what it will look like when done. The elastic isn't sewn in and the bows are just tacked on with pins. Again just seeing what it would look like. Not sure if it's quite what I'm going for. Not very girly :rolleyes: Bid on ebay a mickey mouse iron on applique for the pocket.mickey mouse romper

Angela these are awesome. When my girls were small I made all their clothing. Every piece was original and fit the occasion.

I love home sewn clothing.

I love all of them! Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I wish my DD was still little....Those "rompers" are so cute!

Great job!
Candi

I'm having two princess gowns sewn for my granddaugther to wear to character meals in WDW.

The first is an Ariel gown ... it has a "fish-scale" purple bodice, a light green satin skirt with a dark green satin overskirt ... my granddaughter looks adorable in it!

The second gown isn't finished yet, but is a Snow White gown.

Cissy also has a Minnie dress we bought last summer and will wear this dress to Chef Mickey's!

My poor grandson (8 y.o.) is terrified that I'm going to dress him up as a prince, LOL!

I'm not sure what is available now, but McCall's used to have patterns for the princesses' costumes. When she was little, I made my niece's costumes for Halloween. One year she was Cinderella, the next year, Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, and the last year, she went as Snow White.

The year after she dressed as Cinderella, she insisted on wearing the dress to dinner at the castle. I was hoping she'd kind of forget about it but she reminded me to pack her dress. Well, long story short, she wore it. People on Main Street stopped to stare at her (blond and cute she was) and whisper, "Look at the little princess!" She glided down the sidewalk. One of the best photos I have ever taken was when she greeted Cinderella that evening and even the character was taken by Kris' appearance.

What memories!!!!

IVE BEEN QUILTING FOR 5 YEARS BUT JUST STARTED MAKING CLOTHES. I MADE MY HUSBAND, DAUGHTER, MOTHER IN LAW AND FATHER IN LAW DISNEY PJ'S TO GIVE TO THEM ON OUR TRIP. I HAVE BOUGHT SOME GREAT DISNEY MATERIAL AT WALMART AND WANT TO START WORKING ON SOME OUTFITS FOR DISNEY. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter