Anyone sailing 11/30 on the Wonder?

Sorry to hear about your daughter!

We had a good time, but won't be cruising with Disney again. Met someone from the Disboard and talked with her before we left. My kids hit it off with hers so they had a great time. We made it so we could eat together as well. I don't think we would have had as good of a time without them.

I think it's more geared toward younger kids. So glad they had a teen club! They were there each night. But other lines have teen clubs as well.

Went to Palo's the last night. That was the best!!

We'll probably be going on RCCL next year without kids since we can't take them out again for that amount of time.

We did WDW before our trip. We were about Disney'd out at the end of it all.

Just hope I don't get blasted for this. I know some people can't get enough of Disney.

We were more impressed with the shows and food selection on Carnival last yr. It is one of their newer ships.

If you have little ones, this would have been a dream vacation! Just not for us with the older ones.

Laura

We're back!!!! yuck! :rolleyes: Well, this was our 1st cruise and we loved it! Things were a little crazy and too rushed, but hey, this is vacation, you're SUPPOSED to be rushed! :crazy: I wasn't that crazy about the food, but other than that, it was truly a magical trip for us. And, it was the BEST watching my 2yo dd enjoy it all! She even got to see the characters in her Christmas pj's one night!

I kept looking for DISer's, but only saw 1 lime green t, that looked like Ohio Minnie. However, I didn't want to interrupt anyone! Maybe I will remember to take my lime green stuff next time!

I could NOT believe how seasick we were! I didn't expect it at all, I never get motion sick! But, I even felt that way for 2 days after we got off the ship too! Anyone else feel a little quesy?

My dh just called and said he has to turn his vacation dates in for next year, this Friday. So, I have a few days to convince him to return! :teeth:

disneyfan...

I wish you'd have stopped me!! It'd have been great to meet you. I did see a man in a purple cast, but everytime I saw him he was alone (where WERE you???) :) I wasn't sure he was a rabid DIS-er, so didn't talk to him. Didn't want him to think I was a nut!!

Interestingly enough, I also saw the same man sitting on a bench at MGM one evening, with another man who was wearing a "Nassau" hat. My parents were shopping around in a gift shop, so I hung out at the doorway to see if you showed up. Again, you were MIA and 10 minutes later the men got up and strolled away. Where WERE you??

As for the cruise. We had fun....again. To me, the food is AWESOME!! The only dinner I wasn't impressed with was the last night in Parrot Cay. Everyone in my party agreed that we get MUCH better steak at Longhorn. Otherwise the food and the wait staff were great (although our assistant server was sick the last two nights--Norwalk??) My parents, who swore they'd never cruise, were VERY impressed. They had blast. My 21 yr old neice....she seemed totally unimpressed by anything. 4 days on the Wonder, 9 days at Disney, COMPLETELY paid for by us and my parents, and there were about 3, 30-minute periods where she seemed happy. The rest of the time she seemed sullen and bored. She answered questions with one word answers most times. She snuck away all the time to talk with friends on her cell phone. By the end I was quite irritated that she had the hand out waiting for us to pay, but never had the common courtesty to say "Thanks" for any of it. (sigh) live and learn.

Must go for now. Tons to do to get back to "real" life.

Nice meeting you, Cortney's mom and Amelia and bigsky! :)

God bless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter