Anyone rent Apple Scooters

There were 2 very recent open threads about Apple Scooters, so I merged them into one.
That way the people who were looking for information have only one thread to look at.

Just booked a scooter with apple scooter, super easy and they offer military discounts and returning guest discounts!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Woo-Hoo!! I did not know about the discounts! I need to call them about my upcoming trip and will be sure to mention that this will be my second time with them and that I am a military spouse. Any little bit will help since I use the larger scooter due to the higher back.

olwyngdh said:
Woo-Hoo!! I did not know about the discounts! I need to call them about my upcoming trip and will be sure to mention that this will be my second time with them and that I am a military spouse. Any little bit will help since I use the larger scooter due to the higher back.

Sweet!! I believe it was 10% but you are right everything helps!

I have rented from Apple Scooter 2x now and was pleased with their service. Will be renting from them again. I did get a returning guest discount so for 6 days it only cost me $117.15 for the smallest 3 wheel model for 6 days.

How do you get that we are using them for the 3rd time this year and I was getting ready to reserve for August do I to call to get it or is there a spot online for it? TYIA;)

I want to rent an ECV for my mom for our April trip. She has never used a scooter and she is able to walk and is mobile, but I want to have one for her this trip because of the amount of walking over our five days in the park and she has neuropathy in her feet. She is small, weighing about 135 lbs. Would the Go Go Elite be okay for her and is the seat comfortable? And which ECV is easier for a first time user to operate, the 3-wheel or 4-wheel?

I want to rent an ECV for my mom for our April trip. She has never used a scooter and she is able to walk and is mobile, but I want to have one for her this trip because of the amount of walking over our five days in the park and she has neuropathy in her feet. She is small, weighing about 135 lbs. Would the Go Go Elite be okay for her and is the seat comfortable? And which ECV is easier for a first time user to operate, the 3-wheel or 4-wheel?

Curious on the answer myself for my mom.... 3 or 4 wheel???/
Heading to Disney in December and mom is coming. She does NOT use anything currently but will need something for the amount of walking Disney requires; plus her knee replacements are giving her hell....

The 3 wheel model is easier to move in tighter places, but the 4 wheel model is not as tippy. I am not saying that the 3 wheel one would tip easilly on you, but you do need to watch it more when going on hills or inclines across them. Up and down the hills is not the problem, it is going across them that could be.

I use the Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus as my personal scooter and weigh a lot more than 135 lbs. I find the seat is plenty comfortable and it would be fine for your mother. It is a easy scooter to use.

I've recharged in the MK and EPCOT. At MK there's an outlet in the arches under the train station, and one just outside near the pressed penny machine. I've read that there are eventually supposed to be outlets in one of the circus tents in NFL, but I didn't see them last time I was there.

In EPCOT Future World, a lot of the flower beds have boxes with outlets in them.

Just returned from our trip apple worked out great, used a stroller and 3 wheel scooter! 3 wheel was so easy to maneuver and surprisingly easy to get through even the toughest lines or smallest spaces. Don't let the 8 hour battery life fool you it lasted two days before it needed a charge! There are plenty of places to charge them in the parks too just bring your charger. I will say when the battery starts to go it didn't seem like it kept too long though :)

I love the Apple scooter store! Rented from them for 10 days last September. My wife's scooter stopped working and they changed it out no problems. I am using them again this May...

michellelovesthemous said:
How do you get that we are using them for the 3rd time this year and I was getting ready to reserve for August do I to call to get it or is there a spot online for it? TYIA;)

Just call them! They saw that I had rented before its called VIP :)

We have rented from Apple about 12 times since 2011. We have had great experiences with them and will keep using them for all our park visits.

During this time, we have had battery issues (not that they were not charged just that the batteries had issues) 3 times (and no issues at all since January 2012) and they were very helpful and sent someone to the park with a replacement scooter within about 30-45 minutes. Keep in mind that during that time frame, we have rented from Disney 4 times and have had issues with the scooters dying 2 out of the 4 times (albeit those replacement scooters took only about 10 minutes). Our view is that electrical things (especially ones that you are taking apart and putting together at least 2-3 a day like the portable scooters) will have issues every once in a while so as long as they were helpful and prompt in correcting the issue it did not bother us.

As for charging in parks, we rent two scooters and take the chargers with us just in case (especially since we park hop from AK to EP a lot and those two parks are very big). It is not unusual for us to have 12 hour (or longer) days so we re-charge as a precaution. The easiest way for us is when we go to lunch or dinner, we plug in the scooters and give them a power boost for about an hour. You would be amazed how many hidden plugs there are around the parks. We just ask a CM working in the area and most will point you to one in the vicinity. The hardest park to find plugs is MK but even there we have found them.

Thanks for all of the great information! Looking to rent my Dad a scooter for the first time ever for our Disney trip in Sept. he has been stubborn in accepting help but he knows he can't make it around Disney World without it now. Sounds like Apple is the way to go!

Some people have preference for 3 wheeled scooters and some 4.

The advantage of the 3 wheeled models is that they can turn more tightly. But, some people feel they are less stable.

The 4 wheeled models don't turn quite as sharply, but one people feel safer ith 4 wheels on the ground and they are more difficult to tip.

Is tipping a 3 wheel a reoccurring thing? Are there lots of stories about them tipping?

My Dad has had strokes and is Diebetic with High Blood Pressure, he can no longer feel his feet very well when he walks so a scooter is a must for him. We are a little worried with him getting the scooter on the bus and parking it correctly, which is why we were going to go for the 3 wheel for the easier parking. Will they let someone else park it on the bus after it is loaded if he has problems?

Is tipping a 3 wheel a reoccurring thing? Are there lots of stories about them tipping?

My Dad has had strokes and is Diebetic with High Blood Pressure, he can no longer feel his feet very well when he walks so a scooter is a must for him. We are a little worried with him getting the scooter on the bus and parking it correctly, which is why we were going to go for the 3 wheel for the easier parking. Will they let someone else park it on the bus after it is loaded if he has problems?

Tipping is really not an issue unless you are going sideways across an incline. He should be just fine with the 3 wheeler which is much easier to park on the bus.

You can most certainly have another member of your party handle getting the scooter on and off the bus and you can also ask the driver for assistance if you need it since he/she can put the scooter in "neutral" and wiggle it into place if necessary. I've seen lots of family groups opt for this solution :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter