Anyone rent Apple Scooters

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
Deluxe scooter? I am trying to figure out if it is worth th extra piece of mind since it is supposed to run for more miles. Also, hav you been able to recharge in the parks at all, Apple says you can but I am wondering I you really can. Oh, I mean using your own charger and just plugging in somewhere.

I got it for my dad and he loved it. Went pretty fast when we turned the speed all the way up. I didn't try to plug it in at the park I just was very careful about turning it off when we stopped for extended periods.

Deluxe scooter? I am trying to figure out if it is worth th extra piece of mind since it is supposed to run for more miles. Also, hav you been able to recharge in the parks at all, Apple says you can but I am wondering I you really can. Oh, I mean using your own charger and just plugging in somewhere.

I used them in September and they were TERRIBLE!! The ECV stopped working while we were in EPCOT and it was fully charged. Took it to guest services and they tried to charge it and verified that the battery was full. When I called they told me there was nothing they could do :confused3

I told them that I had no way to get it back to them and they MADE me get it back to the resort or threatened to charge me the full price of the ECV and refused to give me a refund. I was LIVID!

Never Again!

I used them in September and they were TERRIBLE!! The ECV stopped working while we were in EPCOT and it was fully charged. Took it to guest services and they tried to charge it and verified that the battery was full. When I called they told me there was nothing they could do :confused3

I told them that I had no way to get it back to them and they MADE me get it back to the resort or threatened to charge me the full price of the ECV and refused to give me a refund. I was LIVID!

Never Again!
Was this apple that did this to you? If so it'll be the first complaint I've heard about them where they didn't do something to make up for the problem.

I'm surprised you had a bad experience with Apple. They are usually very good. I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative experience.

I had something similar happen with Buena Vista Scooters. Most people have very good experiences with that company, but I had nothing but problems for the entire week. I even had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to resolve the problems I had with them.

to the original poster, most people have good experiences with Apple. My understanding is that most Deluxe or heavy duty scooters have 2 batteries instead of 1, which means they can run for longer.

I definitely charged the power chair I rented in the parks. I would just look around for an outlet and plug in when I was sitting somewhere. If you charge the scooter every night all night, you really should not have a problem going for most of the day. As a previous poster said, make sure you turn off the scooter whenever you are sitting, such as in a show or watching the parade.

I have only rented a scooter once, and it was from Apple.

I had a very positive experience with them. I rented the one with the captain's chair seat. It was waiting for me at my resort as promised.

Although I carried the charger in the basket just in case, I never had to charge it in the parks. I saw plenty of people charging theirs. I had never took notice of it before using a scooter myself, but there are outlets all over the place you can use.

It does say in their user agreement that they will deliver a fully charged battery to you, free of charge, should you become stranded in the parks.

We've rented the Go Go Elite ECV from Apple twice and have had no problem either time. They are very nice people to deal with. We just made sure it was plugged in every night and never had to recharge it in the parks. We are renting from them again for our May trip. We used to use Walkers every time my mom went with us, but Apple is a little cheaper and my mom has loved their Go Go Elite ECVs. The last two trips we have gotten a rental car and the Go Go Elite is so easy to assemble and disassemble. My mom moves rather slowly, so by the time she gets in the car and gets the GPS out and plugged in, I can have her ECV disassembled and in the trunk and we are ready to go. It only takes maybe a minute or minute and a half to take it apart and put it in the trunk.

I agree that if you completely charge every night you should be fine with a smaller scooter. Again, you do have to show due diligence with turning the scooter off during parades, shows, and fireworks to extend battery life.

If the need arises you may have to get the assistance of a CM to show you a useable outlet for charging. Of course, make sure you carry your charger to the parks. It seems you can find some outlets near bathrooms in the inside of buildings. There is a lever that allows you to put the scooter in what I call manual overdrive if the need arises.

Pay attention to your charge meter. This will help you to know if you are in trouble on this count. Make sure each morning before you leave that you have a full charge.

When you think about it, there can't be too many problems using the smaller scooters or the whole park would be filled with stopped scooters going no where.

Never Again!

I'm astonished that you say this about Apple. I've been renting from them several times a years for quite some time and have found they have without question the very best customer service of any of the rental companies... and I've tried them all at one time or another! :rotfl2:

I get the larger deluxe scooter because I like the extra mileage it gets and because I find the seat more comfortable.... I especially like having the headrest :goodvibes If you plan on using a car to get around, though, you would probably have issues. :scratchin Although it's unusal for me to need to charge at the parks, I have done so without any problem... just ask a CM where the nearest plug is. Always charge at night and be sure to tuck the charger in the back pocket when you go out for the day. :thumbsup2

I'll be at BCV next week and already have my scooter booked with Apple... I find they have the best price and service. ::yes::

I found that go lite scooter for a normal weight person usually holds enough charge to only have to plug in at night. I would charge when ever I came back to room. There are times when I was in the park from morning till night and still didn't need a charge]. However my brother who is 6'1 and weighs over 200lbs found his needed charging much more often as it would die on the hills. He might have benefited from a larger unit. One thing i missed using apple was our scooters did not have lights on them while the ones i used from walker in previous years did . It didn't bother me but my brother found it hard to use at night so he bought a flash light to attach. people would just walk into him at epcot.

I found that go lite scooter for a normal weight person usually holds enough charge to only have to plug in at night. I would charge when ever I came back to room. There are times when I was in the park from morning till night and still didn't need a charge]. However my brother who is 6'1 and weighs over 200lbs found his needed charging much more often as it would die on the hills. He might have benefited from a larger unit. One thing i missed using apple was our scooters did not have lights on them while the ones i used from walker in previous years did . It didn't bother me but my brother found it hard to use at night so he bought a flash light to attach. people would just walk into him at epcot.

The larger scooter has a headlight... but I don't use it unless I have to since it drains the battery faster.

I just this week called Apple about a scooter after a CM damaged my personal one. Apple had one exactly like my own waiting for me at my resort within an hour. It worked fine. The scooter I got was the GO-Go Elite Traveler Plus, just like my personal one. As long as I charged it each night I had no issues with the charge running out. I have used that model in the parks for 5 years now and even with my personal scooter I have never needed to charge it in the parks and I am 200+ lbs.

Apple again has come thru for me when needed. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Just booked a scooter with apple scooter, super easy and they offer military discounts and returning guest discounts!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I used Apple Scooter on our last trip (2/28-3/5) and had no problems at all. I will definitely use them again!

I used their smaller one, the Go Go Elite Traveler Plus, and LOVED IT. I used it all day in the parks and the battery indicator never even went down one tick. I charged it every night in our hotel room. You can take the battery charger with you if you are concerned, but after my first day I just left it at the hotel since I trusted it. If you are eagle-eyed you can find places to charge in, my mom was always looking for them to plug in her cell phone. I remember seeing an ECV charging station, I want to say it was located in Tomorrowland near the Transit Authority Peoplemover ride, but I could be wrong.

We have used them 4 times and they have been great! This last time the scooter broken down in MK near Casey's corner. So we called and sat and got a hot dog. They got there in20 minutes and fixed the problem! They said if they couldn't fix, they would bring another. They are located near the entrance to the world, so they can be right there.

Do they deliver to Disney?

We used Apple Scooters both last Sept and then again for our Oct/Nov trip and will be using them again May 10th-20th. For the Sept trip they dropped off and picked up my mom's ECV at AKL. The Oct/Nov trip, we were staying offsite at Westgate Town Center and then spent the last night over at RPR at Universal. They delivered the ECV to Westgate Town Center and picked it up a week later over at Universal at RPR. For May we are at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and when I made the reservation was told it would not be a problem for them to drop off and pick up from there either and that they deliver and pick up from anywhere in the Orlando area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter