Anyone know if Japan is going to open to tourist travel?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I am trying to figure out what to do...

US citizen, our trip is suppose to be mid November... for 11 days...

All I keep getting is wait and see, please be patient and so on... and we are at the mercy of the airlines to get our money back.... I hate just being stuck in this pattern..!

So anyone any thoughts on this...

It’s unlikely that Americans will be welcome just about anywhere for at least the rest of 2020, and possibly until there is a vaccine, unless the country manages to get its collective act together.

Japan has not even started reopening to low-risk countries.

It’s unlikely that Americans will be welcome just about anywhere for at least the rest of 2020, and possibly until there is a vaccine, unless the country manages to get its collective act together.

Japan has not even started reopening to low-risk countries.
100% agreed. And honestly, they or any other country should NOT allow US tourists until we get our act together or there's a miracle treatment or widely-available vaccine. I don't see this happening this calendar year.

I've been seeing the super low wait times TDR has been having and it just makes me wish I were there even more. Just another blow to the fact that my vacation was canceled. I know, it's first world problems and I should be grateful to be safe and that both my husband and I are able to work from home indefinitely.

If only the US handled this pandemic better. So many lives would have been saved and our economy would not be one CARES Act away from a deep depression.

The US is a big place. There are many states, cities, and counties that have done well. Unfortunately, there are places (like New York) that did a terrible job and now the rest of us face the consequences (such as not being able to travel to Japan).

The US is a big place. There are many states, cities, and counties that have done well. Unfortunately, there are places (like New York) that did a terrible job and now the rest of us face the consequences (such as not being able to travel to Japan).
NYC was hit badly early on.
Most states either have or will experience spikes. Getting complacent seems to be one of the precursors to a spike.

I don't believe US citizens will be welcome to travel internationally until sometime in 2021.

I am trying to figure out what to do...

US citizen, our trip is suppose to be mid November... for 11 days...

All I keep getting is wait and see, please be patient and so on... and we are at the mercy of the airlines to get our money back.... I hate just being stuck in this pattern..!

So anyone any thoughts on this...
We have a trip planned for April 2021. I'm keeping fingers crossed. We booked flights with miles so it's an easy change if I have to push it back 6 months or a year.

I've mentioned it on these boards before but wanted to bring it up again - keep an eye on the travel bubble that Japan is coordinating with Hawaii. No date or details have been released yet, but PM Abe has listed Hawaii as the only US destination that is being worked into Japan's travel bubble.

I've mentioned it on these boards before but wanted to bring it up again - keep an eye on the travel bubble that Japan is coordinating with Hawaii. No date or details have been released yet, but PM Abe has listed Hawaii as the only US destination that is being worked into Japan's travel bubble.

Thanks for the update...

I agree with the vastness and large population of the US - we really are like 50 countries in one big one. However, I disagree about NY. They were one of the first places to get hit and get hit hard early on. The rest of us could sit back and figure out how to deal with this as we slowly had cases trickle into our states. IMO New York has done an incredible job.

I will be waiting with baited breath until other countries let us in. I'll never take international travel for granted again!

We had been planning a trip to Japan for June 2021, and I seriously doubt that will even happen now. I've been saving and planning to go back to Japan for years. It makes sense they do not want to let Americans in. I wouldn't want to either, if I were them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!