Anyone in here decorate cakes?

HELP!!! I found my receipt showiung I paid for my daughter and I to take the Wilton Basic class. Can anyone tell me what we need for the second class? I have called the instructor several times but she has never returned my calls. We missed the first class but we're going to show up for tomorrow night's class even though I have to say that I am not impressed at all with the lack of communication.
Thanks!

Oh, I just found this thread! I took a voluntary package from my corporate job 2.5 years ago in order to set myself up working from home doing cakes! I'm having an absolute blast- it helps that I'm completely addicted to cake. :lmao:

I'm in the UK so I only work with fondant.

Here's a few of my recent cakes:

5175159892_b753ccd845.jpg

(My son and his birthday cake this year!)

4587330772_aa161afc00.jpg

4579499232_00b1b0c0ab.jpg

3666509146_510a0229f0.jpg

Oh, I just found this thread! I took a voluntary package from my corporate job 2.5 years ago in order to set myself up working from home doing cakes! I'm having an absolute blast- it helps that I'm completely addicted to cake. :lmao:

Omg those pictures are beautiful!!

:love::love::love:

HELP!!! I found my receipt showiung I paid for my daughter and I to take the Wilton Basic class. Can anyone tell me what we need for the second class? I have called the instructor several times but she has never returned my calls. We missed the first class but we're going to show up for tomorrow night's class even though I have to say that I am not impressed at all with the lack of communication.
Thanks!

Is this the second class of course one? If so, you will need an 8 inch round cake, 1 batch of buttercream, some plastic cups to mix your colors in, some color gels (colors are your choice), your bags and tips. I wish I had one of the books at the house so I could be more specific....You will be making a round cake with a picture of a cupcake on top.

I didn't read the whole rest of the thread so I'm sorry if anyone has already answered this.

Great work Bonnie! I love your cherry birthday cake! :thumbsup2

I got one of those pillow pan sets as a gift from one of my students but have yet to give it a try. Maybe I will soon!

Does no one use buttercream in the UK? Not sure I understood that statement. Just curious :)

Aha!!! I went to my wilton instructor site and managed to find you the exact list of what you will need for lesson 2 of course one!

What to bring to Lesson 2

•Reusable, cloth wipes
•Pencil or pen and paper
•Scissors
•Toothpicks
•Bath-sized towel to spread over work area
•Plastic bags for cleanup
•Several small plastic bowls or disposable cups about 8 oz. size
•25 paper napkins or a roll of paper towels
•Squeeze bottle with water
•Contents of The Decorating Basics Student Kit and Lesson Plan
•Angled Spatula to ice your cake
•Tip 789 Cake Icer Tip (optional)
•16 inch Featherweight Bag (optional)
•Piping Gel
•Cake leveler or long bread knife to cut your cut in half
•Icing colors of your choice
•Cake filling (optional)
•One 8 inch layer of cake on a cake board
•Class Decorating Buttercream– recipe on page 7 of the lesson plan
• 1 recipe thin consistency to ice cake in class
• 1 recipe medium consistency

ETA: I eliminated the products that you absolutely don't need

I hope that helps! I am having my students bring their cakes pre-iced because it saves us a lot of time but the vast majority of teachers have their students ice their cakes and mix their colors in class so I would assume yours will be that way.

I got one of those pillow pan sets as a gift from one of my students but have yet to give it a try. Maybe I will soon!

Does no one use buttercream in the UK? Not sure I understood that statement. Just curious :)

Wow, it is different over here - we don't have any pillow pans! Yeah, I use buttercream on cupcakes but no, no one really does buttercream on cakes, it's all fondant (or sugarpaste as we call it!).

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :) Are we allowed to put website/facebook addresses here or is that considered advertising (though I'm at least 3000 miles away from most of you and wouldn't be touting for business!)?

Is this the second class of course one? If so, you will need an 8 inch round cake, 1 batch of buttercream, some plastic cups to mix your colors in, some color gels (colors are your choice), your bags and tips. I wish I had one of the books at the house so I could be more specific....You will be making a round cake with a picture of a cupcake on top.

I didn't read the whole rest of the thread so I'm sorry if anyone has already answered this.

Thank-you!

Can someone help me use Cake central. I have been trying to register with them, but I am having trouble, every time I click on the link sent to my email, it just goes back to the sign up screen, whats up with this, any thoughts??

Kim

Angelhalo-Just wanted to thank you again for the buttercream frosting ingredients. I used it and it worked way better then store frosting.

Also, my first cake decorating class is on the 12th of this month for basic Wilton cake decorating, so I am looking forward to it.

Angelhalo-Just wanted to thank you again for the buttercream frosting ingredients. I used it and it worked way better then store frosting.

Also, my first cake decorating class is on the 12th of this month for basic Wilton cake decorating, so I am looking forward to it.

Where are you taking the classes? I was going to look into taking the basic Wilton cake class at Michaels.

Kim

Where are you taking the classes? I was going to look into taking the basic Wilton cake class at Michaels.

Kim

At Michael's. I called earlier today to see if it was still available for this month to signup. the girl said all the spots were full, but she would put my name on a wait list in case there was another class added. A couple hours later, I got a call saying another class would start on the 12th, so it's 4 saturday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30.

I went and registered for that class and it was half price, so 22.50, they did give me a list of things I need to have before the class.

At Michael's. I called earlier today to see if it was still available for this month to signup. the girl said all the spots were full, but she would put my name on a wait list in case there was another class added. A couple hours later, I got a call saying another class would start on the 12th, so it's 4 saturday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30.

I went and registered for that class and it was half price, so 22.50, they did give me a list of things I need to have before the class.

I'm going to call them tomorrow too. I wanted to sign up but I had a couple of interviews and I was afraid if I signed up Id get a job and not be able to make it but if its on Saturday I can do that for sure. The Michaels off Jefferson ave right ?

Kim

I'm going to call them tomorrow too. I wanted to sign up but I had a couple of interviews and I was afraid if I signed up Id get a job and not be able to make it but if its on Saturday I can do that for sure. The Michaels off Jefferson ave right ?

Kim

Cool about the interviews, hope you get a chosen. and yes, it's off Jefferson by the golden corral, Chatham drive.

Can someone help me use Cake central. I have been trying to register with them, but I am having trouble, every time I click on the link sent to my email, it just goes back to the sign up screen, whats up with this, any thoughts??

Kim

Do you have Firefox with the NoScript plug-in installed? The NoScript messes with webpages, especially ones with registration processes. There is a little button in the right corner of the screen with a white circle and an S in it. click on it, and then click on "Temporarily allow all this page." It should let any scripting problems, so you can click on all the buttons.

Of you don't have NoScript, try clearing all your Internet cookies, rebooting and then try registering again.

I had to give up cake decorating :( I have carpal tunnel and it kills me to have to squeeze a decorating bag....I am so bummed! So, if any of you come to NH, I will order from you! ;)

Do you have Firefox with the NoScript plug-in installed? The NoScript messes with webpages, especially ones with registration processes. There is a little button in the right corner of the screen with a white circle and an S in it. click on it, and then click on "Temporarily allow all this page." It should let any scripting problems, so you can click on all the buttons.

Of you don't have NoScript, try clearing all your Internet cookies, rebooting and then try registering again.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to log on a few days ago, after I cleared all the cookies. Thanks :goodvibes

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter