Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

A CM told me that you do not have to do online check-in to customize magic bands and book fp+? Has anyone found this to be true??

A CM told me that you do not have to do online check-in to customize magic bands and book fp+? Has anyone found this to be true??

Yes, it is true. Many people have reported that they could customize MB's and make fp+'s without doing online check in, including me. I have a Nov 30th check in and was able to customize MB's and make fp+'s before I did the online check in.

You don't have to be paid in full, either. And you don't have to buy tickets first in order to customize MB's. You just have to have a resort reservation and have your check in date be active. December hasn't been activated yet for MB's and fp+.

I have seen reports that people with MB from previous stays and AP holders can make FP reservations up to 60 days. Can people with a regular ticket (eg 10 day hopper from UT) reserve FP if the have a previous MB?

Well, theoretically, if you have magic bands already, and tickets linked to the system, you should be able to make FP+ reservations on a rolling 60 day (or 60+14) schedule. Hopefully MikeK will chime in there. ;) I believe with his ticket setup, he has a 74 day window. I have an AP, and have a 60 day window.

Hopefully MBs and FP+ are right around the corner for December check ins. :goodvibes

So, without me (and others) having to read through 40+ pages....

Has anyone going in December had Magic Bands / FP+ option yet? :)

AmyB2006 said:
It's not random.

In the beginning it was random. Very beginning, like over the summer random.

August and September had certain resorts chosen. So everyone checking in to those resorts for that month, were able to get them.

All resorts on site joined in the testing during October. It was scattered through the month. By October 23rd, though, ALL resorts should be included in the test.

For people checking in during November, they were notified (and when I say notified I mean they noticed on MDE that they could customize MBs)around the 20th through the 25th of September (give or take) that they were MB eligible. Official emails from Disney have been coming typically after people have already gotten their bands in the mail.

So that brings us to December. No one checking in during December has been able to customize MBs yet, or make FP+ reservations.

Except...If you already have magic bands from a prior stay during one of the other testing phases. In that case, those people are allowed to make FP+ reservations AND anyone that checks in Late November where their trip runs over into the first part of December. Those people are allowed to make FP+ as well.

Does that help clear it up any?

It's not random. It may just seem that way.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if I left anything out. :)

Quoted for the folks who haven't read the thread...

So, without me (and others) having to read through 40+ pages.... Has anyone going in December had Magic Bands / FP+ option yet? :)
Staying 2 days at AOA 11/29-12/1 then 7 at Kidani. We have had acces to Magic band customize and FP for a few weeks already.

Staying 2 days at AOA 11/29-12/1 then 7 at Kidani. We have had acces to Magic band customize and FP for a few weeks already.

OK...no one arriving in December has them yet..unless you had them from a previous stay. I guess there is no simple answer.

An earlier poster has been able to customise her Magic Bands for an arrival on 11th December, but no fastpass+ yet. Although, she doesn't have tickets linked to her reservation.

An earlier poster has been able to customise her Magic Bands for an arrival on 11th December, but no fastpass+ yet. Although, she doesn't have tickets linked to her reservation.

That would shock me because linking tickets to your account is one of the few things you HAVE to do. You don't have to pay in fulll or do early check in.

That would shock me because linking tickets to your account is one of the few things you HAVE to do. You don't have to pay in fulll or do early check in.

Let me put a caveat on that...you have to link your tickets to get FP+. But I would still be surprised if they got their MB's for a December arrival unless they had them from a previous stay.

Actually I think customizing MBs only requires a resort reservation. Making FP+ requires linked passes.

But it is intriguing to hear of someone, anyone, with a December check in being able to customize MBs. I assume this person falls in the category of having MBs from a recent previous trip.

Actually I think customizing MBs only requires a resort reservation. Making FP+ requires linked passes.

But it is intriguing to hear of someone, anyone, with a December check in being able to customize MBs. I assume this person falls in the category of having MBs from a recent previous trip.

You caught me HiHo. Typed before I thought.

On this thread? Can you point me to that post, cause I don't remember seeing that. Would love to read how that's possible for one person. If it's who I'm thinking of, she can make FP+ because she has bands from a prior trip, but not customize bands yet. I think you have it backwards. Maybe. ;)

I have magic bands from a prior trip and I still can't customize a new set for December either. So I don't know if that would have bearing on this or not. I wouldn't think so.

It was me that has been able to customise my Magic Bands.
They are still showing as customised. I can modify my customisation. It clearly states that I have until 11th November to customise.
As stated, no fastpass+ but I don't know if that is just because I have no tickets linked.

I am about to go in and edit my original post because it makes it obvious who I am. I will leave it 10 minutes or so.

ETA I don't already have a MB and haven't stayed at WDW yet this year

It was me that has been able to customise my Magic Bands.
They are still showing as customised. I can modify my customisation. It clearly states that I have until 11th November to customise.
As stated, no fastpass+ but I don't know if that is just because I have no tickets linked.

I am about to go in and edit my original post because it makes it obvious who I am. I will leave it 10 minutes or so.

ETA I don't already have a MB and haven't stayed at WDW yet this year

Interesting. Yes, you would have to have tickets linked in order to do FP+. Original post on this thread? So no prior bands and you've been able to customize? Well you appear to be either a select group or the only one. ;) At least on the DIS.

ETA... Are you overseas?

I check into All Star Sports on 11th December before moving to Kidani on 16th.
This morning (I'm in the UK) I was able to customise my bands.

I don't have tickets associated with this account so not sure if fastpass+ would be available now.

It says that I have until November 11th (38 days) to customise my bands.

I have been a member for a few years, but have just set up this account. My children do not know about the holiday but my DD(14) is getting a bit suspicious of all the time that I spend on th DISBoards and I don't want her to see my post.

ETA I can't customise my bands for the Kidani reservation yet. The Kidani reservation is linked to my normal MDE account. DH added the ASSports reservation to his old account by mistake, so it is not linked to my account.

This was the original post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter