Anyone hear of California resident tickets this year?

mjlum

Mouseketeer
The last few years we’ve been buying California resident tickets- not to be confused with Southern California resident tickets. I haven’t seen them yet. Anyone hear if they are coming? 3 day tickets that are for California residents

The last few years we’ve been buying California resident tickets- not to be confused with Southern California resident tickets. I haven’t seen them yet. Anyone hear if they are coming? 3 day tickets that are for California residents
Just today:

Don't miss this Golden State opportunity! For a limited time, California residents can visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks for as little as $83 per day with the purchase of a 3-day, 1-park per day ticket.

You can make it your happiest time by visiting Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. Experience the event of a lifetime—the Disney100 celebration—and enjoy reimagined lands, all new nighttime spectaculars and returning parades!

Get tickets soon to take advantage of this special offer. Then, visit 3 times from June 12 through September 28, 2023—subject to theme park reservation availability, which is not guaranteed. Monday to Thursday tickets are also subject to weekend blockout dates.

Special California Resident Tickets at a Glance

• 3-Day (Monday to Thursday), 1-Park Per Day Ticket – $249 ($83/Day)
    Not Valid for Admission on Fridays to Sundays
  • 3-Day (Monday to Sunday), 1-Park Per Day Ticket – $299 ($100/Day)
    No Blockout Dates Apply
Park Hopper Ticket upgrade and Disney Genie+ service can be added for additional fees.

To enter a theme park, Guests (ages 3 and older) need a valid ticket and a theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit. Theme park reservations for California Resident ticket holders are limited in number and are subject to the availability of park reservations allocated to the California Resident tickets as determined by Disney, applicable blockout dates and theme park capacity. Reservation availability for California Resident ticket holders is not guaranteed for any date and reservations may be difficult to obtain for any particular date, especially as the ticket expiration date approaches. To ensure best availability, make reservations early. On any given date, park reservations may be available for general theme park tickets even though park reservations allocated to the California Resident Tickets are fully reserved. California Resident Ticket holders are not entitled to any reservations Disney makes available to others. Parks, attractions, entertainment, experiences, services and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable and are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. View important information about what you need to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.

Before buying tickets, be sure reservations are available for the dates you want to visit. Check for available dates on our park reservation calendar. Park reservation availability can change until the park reservation selection is finalized.

Important Details

• Offer valid only for California residents within ZIP codes 90000 to 96199. Each Guest (age 18+) using a California Resident ticket must show proof of eligible residency for purchase and admission. A valid government-issued photo ID showing an address within a valid ZIP code is required for entry into the park.
  • Tickets valid June 12 through September 28, 2023 and are limited in availability.
  • Tickets can be used on nonconsecutive days during the ticket validity period.
  • Tickets that are valid only Monday through Thursdays are blocked out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the following dates: June 16-18, 23-25, 30; July 1, 2, 7-9, 14-16, 21-23, 28-30; August 4-6, 11-13, 18-20, 25-27; September 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 2023.
  • Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.
  • Eligible residents may purchase up to 5 tickets per day with valid ID.
  • Tickets are nonrefundable, may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities and events separately priced.
  • Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions.
  • Subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice. Sales may be paused or terminated at any time.
  • To enter a theme park, Guests (ages 3 and older) need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit. Park reservations are subject to availability and not guaranteed.

So does this mean that the mid-June to late September period is not as crowded these days, else Disney wouldn't be offering discounted tickets?

I suspect so but Disneyland has had these sales for years and the impact has been small. It is only for Monday through Thursday. Unless you are on vacation, most people are free on the weekends.

Not correct. This offer includes two ticket options, one for Monday-Thursday and one for Monday-Sunday no blockouts. There is also the option to upgrade each of these to parkhoppers.

I suspect so but Disneyland has had these sales for years and the impact has been small. It is only for Monday through Thursday. Unless you are on vacation, most people are free on the weekends.
I disagree about the impact of the CA special ticket offers. They bring many more people into the parks. And there is a weekend option for this new ticket deal. Disney saw a light summer via their reservations system and took steps to bring more people into the parks.

I disagree about the impact of the CA special ticket offers. They bring many more people into the parks. And there is a weekend option for this new ticket deal. Disney saw a light summer via their reservations system and took steps to bring more people into the parks.
Concur they saw a light summer. Has anyone seen that park res calendar lately? Only days sold out are the next couple days for tickets. (Are APs seeing lots of availability or are they still being extremely limited?)

For those that follow this closely, is this a typical summer discount for CA residents? It’s kinda tempting actually. I really like the options they’ve put out there to tailor the deal to your traveling style.

Oh wow! These tickets have their own park reservation calendar 🙄 Ugg. And here I was hoping DLR was closer to losing the park reservations like WDW will for general ticket holders but definitely not happening since they’ve added a whole new calendar…

Not correct. This offer includes two ticket options, one for Monday-Thursday and one for Monday-Sunday no blockouts. There is also the option to upgrade each of these to parkhoppers.
I did not see that. Those tickets are more expensive. Thanks for pointing it out. You still have to pay for the park hopper Genie etc.

These tickets have their own reservation calendars so these tickets are in a separate bucket.

This deal is not as good as the Florida resident deals.

California residents can tailor their vacations for this deal — it can bring more people in but with the separate reservation bucket - Disney is limiting the deal.

Last edited:
Concur they saw a light summer. Has anyone seen that park res calendar lately? Only days sold out are the next couple days for tickets. (Are APs seeing lots of availability or are they still being extremely limited?)

For those that follow this closely, is this a typical summer discount for CA residents? It’s kinda tempting actually. I really like the options they’ve put out there to tailor the deal to your traveling style.
It’s because this week (until Thursday) is the last time the two lower level Magic Keys can boost before the summer blockout takes effect. The parks have been absolutely mobbed this week.
L

Oh wow! These tickets have their own park reservation calendar 🙄 Ugg. And here I was hoping DLR was closer to losing the park reservations like WDW will for general ticket holders but definitely not happening since they’ve added a whole new calendar…
I don’t think they will ever do away with the reservations system. It’s far too valuable to them in terms of staffing and not allowing “slow” times to happen.

It’s because this week (until Thursday) is the last time the two lower level Magic Keys can boost before the summer blockout takes effect. The parks have been absolutely mobbed this week.
L
Monday June 5 through Thursday the 8th are also Tier 0 tickets lowest price. Crowds galore this week!

California’s a HUGE state (11ish hour drive from San Diego to Yreka, at the very north of the state). That this is being offered to the whole state and not just to SoCal makes me wonder if they’re trying to walk a fine line to see if they get enough numbers before offering a deeper discount for SoCal residents. But I could be totally off. 🤷🏼‍♂️😁

California’s a HUGE state (11ish hour drive from San Diego to Yreka, at the very north of the state). That this is being offered to the whole state and not just to SoCal makes me wonder if they’re trying to walk a fine line to see if they get enough numbers before offering a deeper discount for SoCal residents. But I could be totally off. 🤷🏼‍♂️😁
I was thinking the same thing. But I do not think there will be a deeper SoCal resident offer. I think that Disney like in WDW saw lower demand for tickets and Resort hotel reservations for the summer period and decided to have a promo. The fact that the promo goes into Halloween Time is significant as well....there must be a lower demand -- if you can imagine that.

The parks have been absolutely mobbed this week.
L
Really? We were there on Sunday and it was really quiet. We literally walked onto Soarin, Incredicoaster and Little Mermaid with wait times less than 5 min. Both DTD and DLR were calm as well. Maybe all of the Magic Key holders went earlier in the week to try to get their last Splash Mountain ride in.

Really? We were there on Sunday and it was really quiet. We literally walked onto Soarin, Incredicoaster and Little Mermaid with wait times less than 5 min. Both DTD and DLR were calm as well. Maybe all of the Magic Key holders went earlier in the week to try to get their last Splash Mountain ride in.
During the week it’s been mobbed. I bet Sunday was great! We often go Sundays and we love it.

That's what I was wondering about these new CA tickets. We're supposed to go in July, which I already expected would be a bit busy, but these tickets might make the crowds even worse. We're going July 5-9, so I'll just cross my fingers :)
Hopefully it will be fine. Actually I think a lot of California residents will take advantage of the deals in September during Halloween Time in combos when they attend Oogie Boogie nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter