Anyone Have "Favorite Servers" on the Wonder ???

We also had Vijay and Ramon in the dining rooms. Wonderful service. Had a bunch of kids and they entertained with paper art, ketchup art, and anything else they could think of. I really missed them when I had to serve dinner at home!!!
And then in our stateroom we had Nerissa. Now I would have packed her in my lugagge if I could. Everytime we left the room, she would tidy up for us. And she knew the kids were looking forward to the towel art, so she made it special every night by making a couple and putting them in different places in the cabins. The kids made a game out of it. Needless to say I have about 25 pictures just of towel animals!!! (Some are the same!!!)
Beatta in Palo's, great service.
Oh how I miss their service....

Oct 9th, We had Ivalena from Bulgaria and Dee from Thailand. They were both wonderful! I wanted to bring Dee home with me...she was just precious!!!

Since I'm sailing soon I wanted to bump this up for anyone who just sailed who had a favorite server.

Just got off this morning and we had Dee from Thailand and Irene from Uganda. They were fine, but I wasn't ecstatic about them. I guess maybe I was expecting too much after reading such raves about the servers here. Seems like these two weren't yet quite sure of themselves and sometimes their service was slow and chaotic.
However, one morning at PC we had an elderly gentleman from Bulgaria named Valentin. He was unbelievable!! Such a refined gentleman--felt like I had my own butler. he wasn't all about just kissing babies and doing tricks, he was a real waiter and the service, timing, and attitude were impeccable. I made sure I made mention of him on my comment card. I hope he gets a promotion--he really should be in charge of something somewhere. I can't say enough about how good he was.

Putu from Indonesia was AMAZING. We gave him a huge tip. We looked forward to having dinner just because he was our server. A great guy.

I just got off the Wonder yesterday and I had Hernan and Chatcai!!! They were awesome! For Palo we had Jason and he was fantastic!

Tracy

On the Oct.28 Wonder we had Roy and Rewat who were excellent servers with great personalities. Highly recommended! ::MickeyMo

We also had Donovan and Branel last week. We enjoyed them very much! We had Beatta in Palo for Dinner and Brunch. She brought us so many extra things, several desserts,extra appetizer and entree. Service was excellent with all of them.

gracia98 said:
At Palo, we had Joost and he was awesome and I would totally recommend him!

Stefanie

We just got off the Wonder yesterday. We had Joost for brunch and dinner on our anniversary and he made sure it was magical. He was awesome.

bumping :teleport:

Are there any new favorites since 2004? :listen:

Our first cruise we had two wonderful guys (can't remember their names, but they were great). Second time we had Gemmy and ... (sorry, can't remember). Our room stewards were phenominal. Spoiled us for any room. I love going in to use the bathroom and having the towels straightened again within 1/2 hour. Our last trip to Palo was very disappointing. We were a party of 8. Our server never asked us what we wanted to drink and went right to a dinner order. She said she thought we didn't want drinks. What was the chance of 8 people not wanting at the very least water? Everything was slow. Ask for anything extra (like butter) and it took at least 10 minutes. Food was great, but service bit the big one. Funny thing is that friends went on the cruise right after us and got stuck with the same horrible server.

nycmom said:
Adina at Palo (Romania) and Carmen, our drinks person (asst. server?) from South Africa at our regular restaurants.

Just really, really nice people...and Adina couldn't do enough for us.

Also, our steward onboard (forgot his name, but we gave him a really big tip)...the guy who comes and tidies the room...I wanted to take him back to NY with us...I have NEVER had a housekeeper as good as he was. I came back one time and he had washed out all of our souvenier drink glasses for us! And we had like 6 filled with leftover yucky stuff! He was incredible and really went above and beyond.

We had Adina on the Magic in 2003 and were sad on our last Magic cruise this January to hear the the Wonder had stolen her away. We loved her!

We had Diane (I think from Romania) and Linda from Sweden. Diane was a little frosty to start with, but she warmed up to us by the end! Linda, bless her, was lovely, she seemed terribly homesick. She hadn't been on-board for that long.

After four Disney Cruises we haven't had any really "stand-out-must-request-next-time" servers.

We've had some really terrible assistant servers, though.

Can we request to 'not' have a specific server? ;) JK

I was hoping there was a dont want list as well. I was so dissappointed with our servers on our first cruise. Hopefully it will be better next time!!! :Pinkbounc

Got off yesterday, had Tino and Kecha. They were excellent. HOWEVER....we had Marcello in Palo and he is leaving on April 7th!! He was an excellent server and an all around nice guy. He is heading back to Argentina to hopefully start his own restaurant business. If you get to know some of the people that work the ship you realize how hard they are working for their dreams back home.

I may be entering flame territory here, but it seems like those who are really good leave the Wonder for the Magic. Or, is the Wonder training for the Magic? I hope that is not the case.

PLeeeaasseee tell me if there are excellent servers currently serving on the Wonder. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter