Anyone have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica (weighing it against the Honda Odyssey)

asafko

Mouseketeer
We are finally in the process of getting a car for our family of 5 (I had posted a while back seeking opinions but my husband put it on hold for a little while). We are looking at a 2018 Pacifica (Touring L trim - lots of features) with 14K miles at a very reasonable price. Everything I read online says it ranks higher or equal to the Honda Odyssey. Everyone I know swears by Honda cars and says I should get one of them. We looked the Pilot but it was just too small. Soooo...my dilemma: there is a 2016 Odyssey with 20K miles I can look at tomorrow (price difference is negligible - 2018 models are too pricey right now) but I like the reviews I see of the Pacifica AND I like the fact that we would have more of a warranty left with it. Problem is I know no one with one. So if you have a Pacifica...do you like it? Have you had any regrets getting it? Have you had any issues with it?

I don’t have a Pacifica, but I love,love,love the look of them. My problem is I’ve owned three Chrysler’s and had nothing but trouble. Big trouble, with them. I would never buy another Chrylser

We had a chrysler van growing up (granted this was years ago), also big problems. Transmission went around 100k miles, because of that I will also never own a chrysler.

I recently rented a Dodge Grand Caravan. I really liked it and even considered buying one. But then I remembered the fiasco that was our dodge intrepid back in the early 90s.

My step daughter bought a used Chrysler van. Not sure the model. I'm hoping she has good luck

I drove both the Pacifica & Odyssey a few weeks ago (both used, 2017 Pacifica & 2016 Odyssey, 20k miles) and definitely preferred the feel of the Pacifica. We were trading in our 2010 T&C with 100k miles. Ended up with a Honda Pilot. We loved the T&C but it was definitely a Chrystler...DH was done with minivans and we both liked the Pilot better than either van. So, no help but if I was between the Pacifica & Odysessy, I would have gotten the Pacifica.

Yeah, add me to the list of people who wouldn't buy a Chrysler again. It's a shame--I've driven Chrysler products all my adult life. But my Dodge Grand Caravan was a total lemon. In 10 years and 84,000 miles, I replaced the brakes 2 times, the tires twice (yes, I know those are wear items, but my mechanic said the brakes were sized wrong for the vehicle, that's why the kept wearing out). I had electrical problems, she randomly stalled while going down the road, and the transmission went.

We had to get another vehicle, the Dodge just wasn't safe to drive. I considered the Pacifica--it looks nice, and friends who have one love theirs. But, they've only been out a couple years. I simply couldn't trust their long-term reliability.

I got a Toyota Sienna, which I love.

Wow, thank you all. I think I will steer away from the Chrysler. The long term reliability is my concern. Going to look at a Sienna and an Odyssey today.

I’ve got 125,000 miles on my odyssey with few problems. They regularly go over 200,000 miles. But I don’t think I’d ever buy an American car. They are great initially but they go downhill fast imo.

I think it depends upon how long you're going to keep it. If not too long and you have a decent warranty, maybe the Pacifica would be okay since you like the features so much. But, if you're in for the long haul, I'd be willing to pay even a little extra and go with the Honda.

I owned at Chrysler T&C for 12 years and traded it in with 180,000 miles on. It had no more problems than normal wear and tear.

I loved my "mid-life crisis minivan."

The current Pacifica has nothing in common with the old Chrysler minivans. It's actually not a "bad" van overall. However, the Honda is a better overall van.

If you're looking for a good value in lightly used minivans, your best bet....by far...is the Kia Sedona. It's a darn good van, dead nuts reliable and can be had for much less than the Honda or Toyota. Don't get me wrong, the Honda and Toyota are at the top of their class, but you'll pay for that. The Sedona puts you just about at the top of the class, with solid reliability for far less money.

I will pick the Odyssey. My family and I’ve have own the Honda, Chrysler and Toyota minivans. Chrysler came in last and we will not purchase again. Toyota is nice but Odyssey blew it out of the water. Only problem is the 105k mile timing belt change required for the Honda which will set you back $$$ if you don’t have warranty. Toyota uses timing chain so no need for replacement.

For warranty I recommend route66 extended warranty with 0 deductible. They have very good ratings and reviews unlike some other companies.

I am not a fan of Hondas, and I can't speak to how the Honda or the Pacifica drive, but I think from a reliability standpoint, EVERY other mini-van is going to have better reliability than the Pacifica.
I bought a Ford Flex in June, and while I only have 1,300 miles on it, we love it and it seats 7. At least look at a Flex.
I'd look at a Kia Sedona too.

Had a Grand Caravan we traded at 146,000 miles with transmission issues for a 2008 Toyota Sienna. Still going strong with 155,000 miles. I expect to see close to 300,000

5 autos in our family right now and they are all Toyotas or Hondas for their reliability. We have a 2002, 2006, 2 2008s and a 2013.

We have a 2008 Odyssey with 175,000 miles. It is fantastic. Other than minor maintenance, we've not had to do much of anything to it. We are planning to keep it to 200,000 miles and then buy a new one.

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica ( bought in 2007) with over 140,000 miles. I love my car and it's not had much wrong with it until last month. I'm currently having it fixed, but it if this repair doesn't work I'll be trading it in. I would love the new model.

We are loyal Honda owners, but I’m thinking about the Kia Sedona. We have 2000, 2006 and 2007 odyssey’s, the 2000 is just for local as the second rebuilt transmission is shot, and repairs seem to be adding up on the 2006. Does the Kia have any duds in certain years or models?

I'm loyal to Toyota - my 2010 Toyota Sienna is going strong with 216,000 miles on it and have done nothing to it other than regular maintenence. Hoping for at least 300K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter