Anyone had problems with family of four not being seated together on BA?

chocolateMinnie

DIS Veteran
Why I read these horror stories on the boards against various airlines on the run up to a trip I really don't know, obviously got a problems.

Have flown with VA the last couple of times and although in February we pre-booked our seats 11 months in advance, they did move us to another part of the plane when we got our boarding passes. No real issue for us althoughwe don't love being next to the toilets but we were all together which is all that really matters.

Going with BA this time, last minute decision, and obviously can't pre-book seats until online check in. With two adults and two kids I'm assuming we should all get seated together - is this always the case.

Thanks.

All I can tell you is that as a family of 4 we have travelled to the Caribbean 1-2 times a year with BA for many years, plus several times to Orlando, and, so long as the seats are on the same booking, they have always been pre-allocated together. I then just login as soon as on-line check-in opens, and confirm or move the seats. Never had a problem getting 4 together, even if I changed the rows. The flights have almost always been full or close to it.

Of course, who knows what will happen with the new "book your seats for a price" rip-off?

BA seating on 777 is 3 rows of 3, so either 3 & 1 across the isle, or 2 in front and 2 in behind. Never had any problem of being seated together, and when i go to OLCI 24hrs before the flight our seats have already been assigned together

BA's system of seat allocation works far better than VA's "request" system at present.

Familes with children have their seats allocated 3 days before, all others (who were not special enough to be eligible for advance seat selection) are available 24 hours before :thumbsup2

Never had any issues with BA - unlike VA

The only times we have had a problem is when we were late arriving at the airport for our return flight, and they split us 2 + 2, but that was really our own fault. Otherwise, when we have gone to online check-in, they have already allocated 4 seats together, so it's up to you if you want to choose alternative seats. As the pp says, anyone flying with children gets seats allocated 3 days before check-in.

However, how the pre-paid booking of seats will affect things, only time will tell. It is going to depend entirely on how many people decide it's worth it to pay to choose seats. They are obliged to at least seat one adult with each child, but if enough people pre-pay and that doesn't leave enough seats together for 4 of you to seat together, there is a problem. Unfortunately, the only way you can guarantee that is by paying in advance. It seems to me, they know they will make money from this, as many families with children will be the first to sacrifice their hard earned cash to ensure they can be seated together :mad:

I guess one of the pro's of being a single mum is guaranteed seating together! lol As the only adult, I can never see them sitting my 3 or 6 year old on their own somewhere lol.

Good luck on whoever they'd be sat with! Lmao!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter