• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going in two weeks.......

Looby Loo

Mouseketeer
What are you packing?? The weather looks quite good :sunny: - are we talking shorts and T. Shirts or pants etc..... :confused3

:listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen:

We're going on 14th Dec - we're packing shorts and t-shirts too, but I also have a cardigan/lightweight jacket for night-time as it does cool down quite a bit.
Can't wait!!!

When we went in Dec we took shorts a tshirt but also took 1 or 2 light weight Jackets and 1 or 2 pairs long trousers! As it can get pretty cold at night and sometimes you can get a bad day or so, always worth being prepared!

Last December we needed coats, scarves and hats (seriously!) for about 20 nights out of the 23 nights we were there!

We went a few years ago over Christmas and it was FREEZING - literally, there was frost most days with the midday temp around 40 degrees! Don't take lightweight jackets, you may well need warm winter coats and hats, scarves and gloves.

Oh no! Was hoping to avoid packing heavy coats. Do you think a windproof jacket with thickish sweatshirt and long sleeved Tshirt would suffice?? With gloves and hat??

We're packing a mixture. T'shirts, shorts, cropped pants. If we need anything warmer, we'll just buy it out there;)

We were at Epcot yesterday and daytime temps were in the high 70's, but it does cool down fast after sunset, so a jacket or sweater is recommended.

J & J :earsboy: :earsgirl:

widget said:
Oh no! Was hoping to avoid packing heavy coats. Do you think a windproof jacket with thickish sweatshirt and long sleeved Tshirt would suffice?? With gloves and hat??
Well obviously no-one can predict exactly what the weather will be like, but we wore warm clothes to travel both ways and boy were we glad as we needed them there too.

My mother had taken a short showerproof raincoat and was freezing - what's more we found it difficult to find anything warm enough to buy. We all ended up wearing no less than 2 T-shirts, a thin jumper, 2 warm jumpers and a fleecelined windcheater and were STILL cold watching the parades and queuing.

HOWEVER, it CAN be warm so be prepared for every eventuality. Layering is definitely the way to go but if you have warm jackets - I'd take them.

The first year we ever went at this time of the year ( before I had heard about these boards of course ) it was stunning weather 80's no less. We thought that was the norm so the following year we took shorts etc and it was so cold that everywhere had sold out of hats, scarves etc and we were freezing. Since then we have been many times, and each year is different. There is no predicting. One time as we arrived at Orlando airport we were greeted with returning travellers who said that they had been basking in sunshine, but that the weather forecast said that the weather was changing and that from the next day it would be freezing every day, and how right they were!

We're packing a bit of everything, T-shirts etc for the nice weather, sweatshirts for when it's a bit cooler and some lightweight jackets. It can't be as bad as last year, when we landed in Orlando we were told that it had been warmer at Gatwick when we'd left, and Christmas Day it poured, but it didn't put us off, we're off 2 weeks on Saturday

CarolynU said:
The first year we ever went at this time of the year ( before I had heard about these boards of course ) it was stunning weather 80's no less. We thought that was the norm so the following year we took shorts etc and it was so cold that everywhere had sold out of hats, scarves etc and we were freezing. Since then we have been many times, and each year is different. There is no predicting. One time as we arrived at Orlando airport we were greeted with returning travellers who said that they had been basking in sunshine, but that the weather forecast said that the weather was changing and that from the next day it would be freezing every day, and how right they were!

LOL Carolyn, that is exactly what happened to us last year - arrived to 80s on Thursday, down to 50s a few days later!

Miffy,
I'm glad that we aren't the only ones who have luck like that! LOL I have just been looking at the park hours for the period when we are next out there in just 25 days or so, and they are amazing. Really late closing, but I cannot face the prospect of the freezing evening temperatures. Mind you the odd time at midnight I've still been wearing a T shirt, and it has nothing to do with ' liquid refreshment. '

:wave: Hi Carolyn,

As you can probably tell from my countdown, we'll be there in a few days and have packed a mixture of clothes both t's, shorts, crops and warmer tops but i didn't think to pack any jackets :rolleyes: Will go and do that right now!
Have a great time!

Audrey ::MinnieMo

Thanks Audrey you too.
I think that I will pack everything
swim stuff/t's/shorts/hats/scarves/gloves/fleeces.... I think that just about covers it!

You forgot hot water bottle!!! I bet we are all gonna look great sitting by the pool in our swimsuits, hats, gloves and scarves!!! Well, we ARE on holiday!! ;)

widget said:
You forgot hot water bottle!!! I bet we are all gonna look great sitting by the pool in our swimsuits, hats, gloves and scarves!!! Well, we ARE on holiday!! ;)
:cold: :rotfl2: :cold:
Not long now! :cheer2:
Audrey xxx

I'm flying on Wednesday (Dec 7) and we'll be taking..
- Jeans
- Joggers (for travelling)
- T-Shirts
- Some lightweight jackets
- Thick heavy poncho (my only)
- Shorts (BF only)

And swimear, shoes, etc.

if you go to www.weather.com
type in orlando and ask for the 10 day forecast, you'll have an idea of the weather over the next 10 days...

looking at it right now, it shows the weather for the next two days in the high 70's and then dropping to highs in the upper 60's and up to 70, lows in the 50's....
but you can keep checking the site ......

Here's a good website for the weather forecast for Orlando:-

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPag...ecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

Hope that works! DOH, rain is forecast for my first day.

Anyway, I'll be at WDW Dec. 10th - 22nd, and not one pair of shorts will be in suitcase.

We went about the same time in 2003. I wore shorts my first day, and regretted it, as it was rather cold. In fact, various cast members kept asking us "are you from Canada?".

From that day on, my shorts never left the suitcase!! The evenings were most difficult. Waiting for shows like Fantasmic, you would find it extremely cold, and in all honesty, you needed a scarf and gloves.

Anyway, last time I packed summery clothes, and got winter. Heh, this time I packed autumny stuff, maybe we'll get spring!! :teeth:

Whatever the weather, I'll just be happy to be in my favourite place on Earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter