Anyone going Geocaching this weekend? **NEW CACHERS...POP IN!**

Pin Wizard

<font color=deeppink>I now have a new favorite at
This is our first!
teeth.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldpurple.gif
Bought a GPS yesterday, so I guess we're set! Printed a few places off the computer to hunt down. Wish us luck! I see some people into this no longer speak of descriptions of places, just coordinates! :teeth:

Anyone find any treasure?
smiler.gif

We are caching tomorrow. Going early in the morning with the kids and having a picnic lunch after. It's so much fun !!

We've only been a few times and have found only one--not good odds. It takes a lot of planning for us to get our two boys ready to go out. Perhaps we will go tomorrow. I think we'll just be vegging around the house today. Have fun!!

A find at our second stop! The first one got annoying. Searched in the area at least an hour and didn't find it. But the second location turned out great! Took a lottery ticket that won me $8! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :banana: I hope that covers the gas I used to get there. LOL! Left $1 as requested so they can replace tickets. DS wanted the $$$. Nope, sorry! :teeth:

Yay! The lottery ticket thing is a good idea. We might go out tomorrow, but it looks like it might rain. We should have done it today.

Oh, I hope we both have nice weather tomorrow. I'm planning on others for tomorrow. :)

Yes I have done this from time to time and have had problems with the coordinates being off causing me to search in one area when it was actually over another 20 yards.

I was afraid of that, Shutterbug. I was reading some others that were off on their GPSs. And this one was right by a wall (one of those sound reducing ones on busy roads) and there was a pedestrian bridge going over the road. The person that's doing this one said she noticed fluctuation in numbers when near those two things. Ugh. LOL! I was so excited with the second place and finding it that I didn't look at the exact numbers at that spot. But it couldn't have been exact on mine since when I did have the numbers, it wasn't at this location. But it was close. :)

Isnt fun though when you finally do find it!
Also some gps's have trouble in tree cover.

Shutterbug said:
Isnt fun though when you finally do find it!
Also some gps's have trouble in tree cover.

Well, since we've searched out 6 or 7 and have only found one, yes it's very fun to actually find it. We have actually found a few more, but they were parts of a multi-cache. Only found one actual (final) cache. We tend to get very frustrated and it's hard to have two little ones along.

We won't look for micros anymore. We looked for one that was in a ditch on the side of a road. It was in a 35mm film container and we there was a bunch of trash around. I thought to myself, what's the point of this cache? :confused3 That was one we gave up on.

The first one gave me no clue what to look for. I said to DS...am I looking for something the size of a 35 mm roll of film or a piece of Tupperware to marinate a steak in? :confused3 All I could get was someone that previously found it mentioned that they stayed out of sight while cars waited at a red light. After they went, they made their move. LOL! So I figured it must be near where cars would be able to see me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Still nothing.

The second one said it was 4 x 6. That's it. But I noticed the "camoflage" type thing before the size. At least I had something to go on. :)

There are tons of places to find around here, but how do I go about getting a GPS?

Does it matter what the price is? What do you suggest?

This is the one that I bought. I got it on ebay for about $170 (new). It works great for us and we're newbies.

Beth76 said:
We won't look for micros anymore. We looked for one that was in a ditch on the side of a road. It was in a 35mm film container and we there was a bunch of trash around. I thought to myself, what's the point of this cache? :confused3 That was one we gave up on.
Yeah there is suppose to me a micro near my house that I have no desire to look for because of all the comments on how hard it is to find.

Pin Wizard said:
A find at our second stop! The first one got annoying. Searched in the area at least an hour and didn't find it. But the second location turned out great! Took a lottery ticket that won me $8! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :banana: I hope that covers the gas I used to get there. LOL! Left $1 as requested so they can replace tickets. DS wanted the $$$. Nope, sorry! :teeth:

Sounds like it turned into a great afternoon. How exciting to find anything, let alone a lottery ticket!! Hope you have many more happy finds in your future!

Beth76 said:
This is the one that I bought. I got it on ebay for about $170 (new). It works great for us and we're newbies.

Yep thats the one I have as well. I got it from Target when they carried it.
Besides geocaching I also taken it on trips. I even used it on a plane once.
It helped me few times at night find the house I was renting out in orlando on one trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter