Anyone getting an iPad?

My iPad was delivered yesterday and it works great.
Graphics are clear and crisp even if older iPod apps are stretched to fill the screen. The DIS works like you would expect it to.

Can't wait to try it out in Hawaii next month and on the Magic's transatlantic cruise in September. Itmaybe worth paying the high wifi rates on the ship.

Posting from my Ipad right now.

Is this a laptop replacement, no.

Do I think it could be in the future. Yes.

Should you buy this in lieu of a net book. You betcha.

I really like this thing. It is quick, small, and the graphics are awesome.

Maybe it is not for everyone but it sure works for me. :)

I just now got home from trying the IPad.:thumbsup2

It met all my expectations. It was a bit heavy to lift, but it is easy to see and work with. I was able to do everything in spite of my motor skills. Touch screens are awesome. Skype and Dragon Dictation work too! Dragon understood my speech impairment very well.

I am waiting for the 3G version before buying it though.

For me, it will be a cell phone replacement. People tell me it is too big to be a phone, but I'm cheap and dont mind looking stupid. :lmao:

Looks like HP is trying to take away some of the hype from the iPad by leaking an internal document comparing the HP Slate to the iPad. So now we finally have specs for the Slate. After looking at them and comparing them (which HP has helped with green and red text), I think one thing is clear. IMO, there's no perfect device yet. IMO I think I'd have to give the nod to the HP Slate. Overall, I think the features are better than the iPad. USB, HDMI-out, webcam and regular cam, 1.6 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM.

Some may argue that Win7 isn't meant to be a portable/tablet OS. But we've yet to really see what HP puts on top of it. They have plenty of experience with touch software, given their TouchSmart line of all-in-one's and TabletPC's.

I think the iPad has the advantage in battery, screen, and wifi. The first is huge with this type of device. We're talking double the battery life. I like the bigger screen on the iPad. More importantly, I like that it can do 720p HD. Sure the HP Slate can output 1080p HD via HDMI out, but can't even do 720p with it's screen. I'm surprised HP just went with b/g WiFi and not n.

Work is paying for my new iPad. It was ordered today. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm getting one. It's on order, sadly, it's not coming until the end of April. We weren't going to get one, yet, but the more my husband read the more he wanted one. The way he convinced me is that we are going to stay at the Poly on 5/5 and it would be easier to transport the IPAD as opposed to his MacBook. Yeah OK :)

I agree with what is being said. It is a fantastic device. It will not replace my macbook, but it could definately be the future. I will be taking mine with me on my August Disney/Universal trip.

Typing this post on my iPad. Love it so much; this is definitely a laptop replacement for me. The battery life is amazing, and I even like the on screen keyboard. The specs look weak compared to something like the slate; meanwhile this feels like the snappiest machine I've ever used, and the slate chugs along in that video.

If you can get to an apple store or best buy to try one, I highly recommend it. Also, fellow owners: check out adobe ideas if you haven't already. It's a beautiful little drawing/painting program for doodlers like me, and best of all, it's free :goodvibes:

Good idea. Maybe I'll head over to the Best Buy across the street from work this week and play with one. I still won't buy one until the Slate is out and reviewed.

For the guys that bought an iPad, are you taking it out of the house? What are you carrying it in? One of these? It's too big for a pocket, and a laptop bag or backpack is overkill.

For the guys that bought an iPad, are you taking it out of the house? What are you carrying it in? One of these? It's too big for a pocket, and a laptop bag or backpack is overkill.

Ha! I sent that to my husband and suggested the "murse" for his new IPAD. I'm thinking it will be a hard sell for him.

Padded sleeve from my old 12" laptop, inside the laptop pouch in my Timbuk2 messenger bag (which is black, and work acceptable). I might just skip the sleeve in the future.

I'm probably purchasing a 3G iPad this summer. I say probably because I'm forcing myself to pay cash for my new toy this time. Lately, life has been getting in the way of having spare cash around.

As for the comparison between the iPad and a Win7 based slate, I don't think the substantial difference between an OS designed with a finger as the pointer in mind, as opposed to one that was designed to be used with a mouse, can be overstated. Mouse pointers can be far more precise than fingers, and the ability to right/middle/left click while pointing is embedded in the heart of Win7.

We'll see how this all shakes out, but I'd be surprised if the Win7-based slates turn out to be long-term competitors with the iPad. In addition to the OS issue (which I really think is probably the most significant one), the HP slate weighs the same as the iPad but has a 10% smaller screen and less battery life. Those tradeoffs are much more significant in day-to-day use than is HDMI-out. How often (and why) are you really going to plug a device that produces less than HD resolution output into the HDMI port of a television set or projector?

Stupid question here:

How do you pay for the $30 per month? Is it through AT&T? And if I already have an iPhone do I have to pay $60 per month?

Stupid question here:

How do you pay for the $30 per month? Is it through AT&T? And if I already have an iPhone do I have to pay $60 per month?

It will be a pay-as-you-go data plan from AT&T. No caps have been mentioned yet. The IPad data plan will be seperate from an existing IPhone data plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter