Anyone ever upgraded a week before your Cruise?

PrincessSophiasMom

Mouseketeer
Cruising on our first Cruise on October 6 and my boss (who sails yearly with Holland America) told me to call about 7 to 10 days before my Cruise and ask for an upgrade. Has anyone ever done this with Disney before? and if so what kind of deals did you get? We are currently in a Solid white wall Verandah room 6144 (do not remember category). What would be my next room to upgrade to? thanks!!!

PrincessSophiasMom said:
Cruising on our first Cruise on October 6 and my boss (who sails yearly with Holland America) told me to call about 7 to 10 days before my Cruise and ask for an upgrade. Has anyone ever done this with Disney before? and if so what kind of deals did you get? We are currently in a Solid white wall Verandah room 6144 (do not remember category). What would be my next room to upgrade to? thanks!!!

They'll upgrade you, but it won't be free. You'll have to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No so on Disney. If you call you will be charged the difference for the upgrade. The best you can do is after you checkin, go to the supervisors desk at the port and ask if there are any upgrade cabins available for a fee which will be cheaper than asking for a paid full price upgrade...
You also can keep checking your online reservations, sometimes they do move people to other cabins at their descretion.

We did this last cruise. We had MAJOR pixie dust. One of my friends used to be a travel agent and said we could get a discounted upgrade after the PIF date So I called about two weeks before we left. For $56 we upgraded from an oceanview to veranda for a 8 night cruise. We priced it out when we booked and it was hundreds of dollars more. So it was a big savings for us. It may have been cheaper to upgrade at port but we didn't want to take our chances with availability and for $7 extra a day we were very happy.

We did this last cruise. We had MAJOR pixie dust. One of my friends used to be a travel agent and said we could get a discounted upgrade after the PIF date So I called about two weeks before we left. For $56 we upgraded from an oceanview to veranda for a 8 night cruise. We priced it out when we booked and it was hundreds of dollars more. So it was a big savings for us. It may have been cheaper to upgrade at port but we didn't want to take our chances with availability and for $7 extra a day we were very happy.

I believe this was a fluke as it is not the norm on Disney. There have been times when DCL has called people before their cruise and asked if they would like to upgrade for a reduced rate but it is usually when DCL needs their cabin for someone.

MJ

Is this for the Dream or the Fantasy?

We've done it 1-2 weeks out on both the Magic and the Fantasy.

The first time (Magic) we upgraded from a cat 7 (assigned room number) to a cat 5 GTY. Ended up getting a cat 4. There were three of us for that cruise. Total cost for the upgrade was about $250.

The second time (just a few weeks ago on the Fantasy) we had booked a cat 5C and I upgraded us to a cat 4C for just over $100 (four of us this time). The funny thing on this one is I asked my TA from DU to check on upgrade prices and when she came back she had prices for 4E, 4C and 4A... the 4E and 4A were both about $3000 to upgrade to.... :confused3 She said she even asked the CM twice to make sure that was the right price on the 4E.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter