Anyone else "stuck" with airline tickets?***UPDATE - Post 1***

Keep a record of your original flight numbers and periodically check your reservations. If the flight numbers for your reservation change, that is considered a flight cancellation. If this happens you can get a refund.

Thank you for this thread! We booked on Sun Country and have until Sunday to change our tickets which are July 31-August 8. We can change for no charge, have to use by February 6th. Unfortunately with two kids in college, one active in middle school sports, and a husband at a new job there are no dates to use. Kicking myself for booking with Sun Country instead of Delta like normal.

Our 7 flights to Sun Country departure 8/3, return 8/7. We just jumped online today and using the 60+day no change fee, we moved the flights up to departure 6/22, return 6/26. We have no intention of using the flights, but on the change, it was a little bit less and we got rid of all the prepaid bag check and seat selection fee, neting over $500 in refund. We HOPE that Sun Country cancels this flight and we get a full refund.

What do you think of our strategy?

We had booked (expensive and “non-refundable) flights Chicago-Rome and Barcelona-Chicago for a Disney cruise from Rome to Barcelona in July using Aer Lingus, both via Dublin. Email today informs me the Dublin to Rome flight is cancelled, so we’re eligible for a full refund. Very good news indeed.

I’m in the same boat as OP. Seven tickets bought in February for October trip. The one hopeful thing is that Delta site has a message saying to check back for Waiver changes for travel after September. I’m also watching to see if flight changes. We want to go still, but only If we can get park reservations.

I purchased four tickets at the end of April from Delta on a gamble that we would be able to go on our Disney trip from July 3 - July 11. I was a really good rate so I decided to chance it. Well, as we all know that did not work out. I will just have to cancel them and use the e-credit later. But, does anyone know if the e-credit has to be used by the original ticket holders? My husband and I may go on a trip next spring and would love to be able to use all of the credit on two tickets.
They have to be used by the original ticket holders, even if you are the one who paid for them all 😞The credits per person/ticket will be applied to each "cancelled" person. You will only be able to use the credits that apply to the"new" people flying (that applied to you and your husband's cancelled Tix), even though you may have paid for all of them yourself.

They have to be used by the original ticket holders, even if you are the one who paid for them all 😞The credits per person/ticket will be applied to each "cancelled" person. You will only be able to use the credits that apply to the"new" people flying (that applied to you and your husband's cancelled Tix), even though you may have paid for all of them yourself.

Thank you for the reply. That is what I thought. My kids will be very happy to know that they will get to fly somewhere. The good thing is that I have two years to use the credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts