Anyone else stranded in the North East?

Good luck to all of you north of us (South Jersey). We just got back from nine beautiful, warm, sunny days at WDW. This is really a bummer of a transition from that to this...and we're only supposed to get heavy rain, wind, and a couple of inches of snow.
The derecho in June and Hurricane Sandy prompted us to order a whole house generator. It should be in next week and installed the following week. The anticipation of losing power is almost worse than the reality.

I'm in southern NH. Only a few inches so far but the winds and snow are starting to pick up. Dh has been stuck in Toronto since last night and will hopefully get home tomorrow night, but I think Sunday is more likely. Logan isn't reopening until late afternoon on Saturday.

We're on Cape Cod and we've got snow, wind, and lightning. Power flashed off and on a couple of times. So glad our flight out of Boston isn't until next weekend!

Was on the bus with a family suppose to fly out tonight... They are 'stuck' in Disney until
Sunday. Their kids were so excited about extending their trip... The parents didn't look as excited.... ;)

OP, I think if I were you, I would have bugged out a day early :rotfl:

I know at least one diser from Boston who was supposed to fly home from Disney tomorrow. Currently they are "stranded" there until Tuesday...lucky dogs!

wishing those of you dealing with this storm the best! Hope you stay warm and safe

How's is disney handling the people stranded?

Do they offer discounts on rooms, extra park ticket?
Anything?

I'm in Morris County NJ and we are scheduled to fly out tomorrow at 6:50pm. I think we should be ok. Fingers Crossed! But the worst part of the stor is yet to come. I hope you make it out tomorrow and i hope we have a good weather week!

Not this time but when Sandy hit we found ourselves on an extended WDW vacation. Our 7 day trip turned into 11 days before we were able to get a flight home. We were lucky though that we were already in Orlando when the storm hit as I can't imagine being stuck trying to get to The World. :(

Good luck to all of you north of us (South Jersey). We just got back from nine beautiful, warm, sunny days at WDW. This is really a bummer of a transition from that to this...and we're only supposed to get heavy rain, wind, and a couple of inches of snow.
The derecho in June and Hurricane Sandy prompted us to order a whole house generator. It should be in next week and installed the following week. The anticipation of losing power is almost worse than the reality.

It's amazing how many people don't have whole house generators. Ours is hooked up to our natural gas supply and tests itself once a week. We were with out power here in Western Maryland for over a week during Sandy. Gennie was amazing. You won't regret it.

We left a day early. Get to spend an extra day in Sunny Florida while there's a blizzard going on at our house in NEPA.

We were suppose to leave Friday am driving. I see they were calling for ice from southern Virgina Thursday night. I texted DH and asked it was possible to leave a day early.

We booked a night at the beach so we just added an extra night! :love:

Stay safe everyone!

I hope there is a room for us when we get there Sunday!

How's is disney handling the people stranded?

Do they offer discounts on rooms, extra park ticket?
Anything?

My friend said they got a pretty nice room rate to extend their stay. I think they were just able to pay the extra $15 or $20 to add days to their tickets so why not! Disney wisely knows they are stuck, give them a good room rate and they stay on property to spend more money!

We got about a foot, maybe more. It snowed pretty steady from 6am this morning until.. well it's still lightly snowing.
Dh and I were discussing if there is any inclement weather when we leave in two weeks we will find a way to get out ahead of it rather than after. I don't want to lose any days off this trip and a few hundred to extend it a night or two would be my preference. We had to do it last time we went in February and it worked much better to leave a day early than wait 2 or 3 days to get on a flight after.

Leaving one week from today as I watch the snow fall in Northern NJ we have about 8inches so far and the worst is yet to come! Safe travels everyone!

We are in central NJ and there is a lot of snow out there, but I don't think it is that bad since we got the tail end of the storm. :coffee:

Just be safe! :grouphug:

It's a beautiful sunny day here- the snow stopped and wind dropped during the night. So far it's taken DH over 2 hours just to clear the driveway. No idea how much snow we got because of all the drifting, but some of the drifts were over 2 ft. high in places. Thank heavens we didn't lose power.

Good luck to everyone in the Maritimes and New England; I know that you're getting hammered harder than we did.

We're in Union County NJ and got about 6 or 7 inches. Nowhere near as bad as they were saying! I hope everyone on Long Island and in CT and MA are safe!!

We're in Union County NJ and got about 6 or 7 inches. Nowhere near as bad as they were saying! I hope everyone on Long Island and in CT and MA are safe!!

Not bad here either, now that it is almost noon the plows are out, people are out clearing...

I hope everyone else is safe in the north and keeping warm!

We still have a driving ban in MA! Our neighbors are headed to FL for vacation and have rescheduled the flight 3 times already. I suppose better to dog out before you leave than have to when you get back!

njprincess601 said:

12" in Bergen county, NJ. 7 miles NW of the GWB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter