Anyone else sailing 2/2/02??

Gina, you're great!! don't go to a lot of trouble though, traveling is tough enough as it is. This guy at work told me about some good English dark beer, forgot the name, starts with a B I think. not Ballentine but something....never got around to trying it though. I'll have to call and ask him the name again, he works at another office now....(thinking hard, this is gonna bug me til I think of it)...

....sslbc, started thinking about the swimsuit thing for embarkation day, hope the Florida weather is warm then, possibly it could be chilly now that I think of it....but ohwell, not a worry of mine really, just being a girl scout...

I think I know of what bock beer Gina speaks...and yes it is Yummy!!

I'll take my chances with the swimsuits, there's always a hot tub right?

Getting squiffy on frou frou drinks.....I like it!!:bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by ssclbc
I think I know of what bock beer Gina speaks...and yes it is Yummy!!

Getting squiffy on frou frou drinks.....I like it!!:bounce: :bounce:

LOL!! It's ZiegenBock. MAJOR yummy!!! It and Shiner Bock are the main reasons I'll never ever leave Texas. :D

-gina-

Originally posted by ssclbc
Hey, what's a GoH badge?

The Guest of Honor badges that you can get at a couple of places at WDW. They look a lot like CM badges and have your name on them. They're fun because CM's usually will call you by name, and other guests wonder who the heck you are -- like you're some celebrity they should know. :) My little boy loves it when they call him by name. :)

-gina-

I am really looking forward to meeting you Texans with your good taste in yummy Bock beer!! People are going to be wondering who the 3 tipsy ladies are in the hot tub!!!

bump....I saw a post where a person sailing Jan 20 got their docs already!! Maybe ours will arrive around Christmas week or New Years!!

It really will seem real when we get our docs!!

How is everyone today...busy I guess, I have been busy too but just checking in for a moment....Hello All.....

Wouldn't that be an awesome Christmas present?? I just hate that I'm at work all day -- I'd be so excited to see the Fedex man come to my door!! He'd think I was nuts, I'm sure, as I jumped up and down like he was with the Prize Patrol or something. :D

I have gotten downright anal with my packing list... it's all color-cooridinated and categorized and stuff. ;) But it's just so different from my normal packing list -- and after Delta lost my suitcase for 2 days at the start of our WDW trip a couple of weeks ago, I have totally rethought what I pack where. We usually just bring a rolling pilot case and my old Magic Kingdom Club portfolio, but I think I'm going to buy another pilot case. I need to go back and read the posts from people who brought drinks with them -- I can't figure out where or how to pack them!!

We're at the big 5-0 today in the countdown... :D Who's getting excited???? :D

-gina-

Allright...50 and counting!!
It would be way too cool to get docs by Christmas. Then again I'm just hoping to have my bathroom remodeling (which was started 9 weeks ago and only supposed to last 5-6 weeks, ROFL!!) done by Christmas!
I agree that people may stare at us in the hot tub...especially if we still have our ribbons on!
Although I've lived in Texas for 10 years I still can't quite consider myself a Texan. Not sure what I am...I've lived in Michigan, Kentucky, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona...I guess I'm a mutt.

:p

ssclbc, I guess I'm a mutt too. Grew up in Tennessee, been in Minnesota for almost 20 years, not sure where I'm really from anymore.

Gina, were you going to buy "supplies" in Orlando or Cocoa Beach? Last time we just brought our 12 pack of soda "as is" and they just whisked it away with our luggage at the port, no problem. I am bringing a collapsible duffle just for bringing onboard some wine and beer, and the soda I'll just offload a case of it for the kids. Also I'm bringing bubble wrap and plan to get some guavaberry liqueur at St Maarten. It sounds interesting.

I think I read some people just bring their drinks in taped up boxes and it works that way too.

also I read you can buy soda and stuff at St Maarten too I think.

No, I won't be able to buy any soft drinks right before we board since I won't have a car. I'll probably have room in the whopping two carry-ons we're allowed between my son and I for just a 6-pack of Dr. Pepper, but I can't figure out where I could put beer. I can't check it, can I??? Even if I could, my suitcase is soft-sided and I wouldn't trust it to keep stuff like that safe. I may have to leave the beer behind. :( :(

-gina-

Happy Monday!
A question....why lime green ribbons? (not complaining, just curious)
The guavaberry liquor in St. Maarten is interesting. Kind of sweet, but worth checking out. The store where they make and sell it will let you try before you buy (at least they used to) and they also have some other varieties.
I might try to smuggle a few Shiners to Florida, depends on how full the suitcase gets. You can't get it in Florida? A shame!

Lime-green ribbons are the official DIS-designator. :) I always have lime-green ribbon all over my luggage, and on my pin lanyard, and with my Guest-of-Honor badge. But since I don't guess I'll be wearing the lanyard and the GoH badge all the time, I'm going to have to figure out something else. I guess I'll tie it to the tote bag I plan on carrying around with all the essentials.

I'll bring the ZiegenBock if you'll bring the Shiner! Of course, then we're going to have all these other people wanting to move to Texas after they taste it... ;) Stupid question, though: Do you pack it or carry it on?? I've never brought alcohol on a trip, and I have no idea of the rules. :confused:

How many more days is it?? My countdown clock is on the 'puter at home...

-gina-

I guess you could either carry it on or pack it. With the new increased security, it might not be the greatest idea to try to carry it...I've heard of some people not being able to bring glass onto the plane. I brought a bottle of Kahula back from Mexico last month and had no problem but you never know. Besides, the security people may want to confiscate it once they see what it is;) .
I think I'll pack mine, not sure exactly how but I do know I'll put a ziplock over it just in case. The rest of my "supplies" I'm planning on getting in Cocoa Beach on Friday afternoon. I like the soft sided cooler option, I saw one at the Container Store yesterday, I may go back and get it.
45 days until we leave for Florida!

Hi everyone,

We to are going. It will be myself, hubby, 2 sons (8 & 10), and a daughter (6). We all can't wait. We are actually moving down to Florida Jan. 28, so we will desperately need this vacation.

See you then.

Welcome, Coryian! Wow, there are going to be *so* many DIS-kids in the Oceaneer Club together!! How many 6 year olds do we have between us, now?? Too cool. :)

Wow, you're moving to FL on January 28th, then cruising 5 days later?!? I would have to just sleep the whole cruise, at that point. ;) But you're right -- I bet you'll be good and ready for a vacation!! :)

-gina-

OMG, did y'all see that someone sailing 1/26 got their docs today??? That's the sailing right before ours!!! I hope Santa Claus brings ours just in time for Christmas!! :D :D Then I'll really and truly believe I'm going... :)

-gina-

I'm here, I'm here....fell asleep earlier, now I'm wide awake. Mondays make me tired. Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with all the cruise planning on top of Christmas stuff to do?? We are having company on Saturday and I have SO much to do, but all I really want to do is get ready to cruise. I'm watching for that Fed Ex guy....I know we'll all have our docs by New Year's!!! In fact I got my excursion docs right around Thanksgiving. That seemed early to me, now I want my real docs, so exciting!!

I am soooo happy... I have been trying daily to get our returning flight changed to a later flight, so I would have one less worry. I kept getting not-so-helpful agents at Northwest. But today I got an absolute sweetheart who was able to get us on a 10:45am flight coming back on Sunday instead of Saturday, and didn't even charge me to make the change, even though I was on a non-changeable/non-refundable fare deal. I am SO relieved now!! Oh, and I asked about the alcohol thing, and she told me it would be fine to check the beer. She just said that it has to be less that 70 pounds. LOL!! I don't think I'll be bringing 70lbs of ZiegenBock. :D

Well, now I just need to get back on Priceline and secure a room for the Saturday night when we get back... Another $25 Amerisuites deal will make me very happy!! :)

-gina-

That WILL be one less worry, how nice of them to change your flight with no penalty!! And good luck with Priceline. When I tried for that night I could not get anything by the airport for my bid, had to go with "Florida Mall" which seems to be more of a business district, and then I got my rooms for $25. That was fine, although I hoped to be closer to the airport.

And Why AREN't you bringing 70 lbs of ZiegenBock??? LOL!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter