• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else remember when

Gizmo1951

DIS Veteran
Many years aso when I first went to Disney I vaguely remember going through the parks and you could make dining reservations on screens and there was a phone there also I think

Never had a problem getting what we wanted either

Maybe it was a dream since I have been trying to plan my dining in advance now and still might not get what we want :lmao: :lmao:

You used to be able to do that in future world back in the 80's. We used it a few times to get reservations.

I remember them. It always seemed a little silly to me. If they're going to have a video screen, it would have made a lot more sense to use it to display available options, sample menus, etc.

I remember it, and I loved it. I thought it was so cool the way Disney used technology. I was a teenager at the time, but it was fun to me!

I remember making revervations on it, I thought it was a pretty good idea at the time. Love the computer system now even better though.

I remember that too, back in the early 90's. I thought it was so "futuristic" lol..... You could walk right up and pretty much pick whatever you wanted. Amazing at how different it is now, having to make your ADRs 180 days in advance.

You used to be able to do that in future world back in the 80's. We used it a few times to get reservations.

We did too! And we were usually looking for a reservation in Norway, which was always easy to get in the pre-princess 80s!

You weren't dreaming, that is the way we use to make dining reservations too. If fact, the screen was right near Spaceship Earth. Now we make them 6 months in advance (I think that is as far out as they go). We plan in detail where we will be and what day. My daughter makes us each binders with all our trip info in it and a daily itinerary. We NEVER have an unscheduled day because it would waste time and we're coming all the way from California. Oh, Todd English's Blue Zoo was wonderful, I think it was at the Swan.

Wasn't it called the WorldKey Information system, or something similar?

I remember that. My parents used to make our dining reservations that way. I also remember there were actual reservationists there as well. If my memory serves me correct, you could either use the computer, phone or speak with a reservationist face to face.

I remember it too! We did that on our first trip - 1990.... There was one in "EPCOT Center" right by space ship earth. I do not remember the name, but WorldKey sounds right. My dad would remember.

Sometimes I still try to make dining ressies from the phones while we are there, just for old times sake... :upsidedow Plus... plans sometimes change...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter