Anyone Else Fed up With Their College?

Tinkerbellgirly said:
i'm only a freshman in college and i am coming near the end of my first semester. it was really hard to get adjusted to. i missed high school and my friends... A LOT. i was sad to be there everyday. but then i FINALLY made some friends and everything is a lot better now. the only thing i hate is GE. what the heck why am i wasting my time taking GE classes that have NOTHING to do with my major. but other than that i love my school and now have more school spirit. i am super excited for next semester cuz i have classes that have to do with my major unlike this semester where i had all GE classes. AND i am going to move out and start the college program and DLR :teeth: woo fall 2006 semester wasn't that great but i am so looking forward to the spring 2007 semester. :cool1:

I feel the same way. It's why now that I'm finished with my gen ed I'm doing a CP before going onto my degree. It's sorta a congrats to myself for finalyl getting through it. I wanna go to Fullerton to get my BA in entertainment studies when I get back. I hope to transfer to DLR after CP and have a job for myself. I hope with my luck though that I have all the gen ed classes I need to transfer and get going on my real degree. I always though college would be cool but it's really the polar opposite when sitting through gen ed classes for more than 3 semesters straight. I try to throw in something to help me get back to something I wanna do like art, drama, etc. But I wanted to hurry up and be done so it's been straight gen ed for the past 3 semesters. I know when I graduated hs it was very scary I wish I could have gone away to a school instead of sticking in the area. I think it made me hold back and not go for something like CP sooner.

PipesofLirael said:
I HATE my school. I didn't really have a choice in going here, either. My family is basically out of luck with helping me in college, and this school is completely free, so I went. Oof. I do like my classes, though. I love my professors! I just hate the party atmosphere. If one more student tells my fiance and I that we're wasting our college years by doing "stupid things" like working our @$$3$ off to pay for a wedding or actually focusing on classes, I'll hit them.

Sorry. That was mean. **sheepishly waves a white flag**

I'm just not a party person. Neither is my fiance. We don't drink, we actually like to study, hell, our opinion of a good date is cuddling in our apartment watching Disney movies. If anything, I want to STAY in college...if the rest of the bimbos drop...which isn't happening anytime soon...

W00t for graduating a year in advance. :-)

I think socializing and partying is an important part of college. I don't ever miss classes (I have a full course load), I have two jobs, and I do research and volunteer work. My grades aren't struggling at all and yet I do like to have fun. It is a way to unwind and I don't think that there is anything wrong with going to the occasional party, club, or bar.

I do get your point though. I had a roommate last year who actually failed 2 classes b/c of all the partying she did and she is still here, partying (she does have a valid reason as to why she parties so muchm, IMO). There are some people who only like to party, but I think at my school it isn't really looked down upon to be a good student, and most students do try hard in their classes. It ridiculous that someone would actually say you are wasting YOUR time bc you obviously are not, but just b/c they party doesn't mean they are wasting theirs. (sry, I just get tired of hearing people say that I am wasting mine, when my grades are excellent and I always put classes first.)

oohh, im pretty tired of my school as well. It may be that I am graduating in a week and a half and just can't take it anymore! But, Disney PI, here I come!!!

PipesofLirael said:
I HATE my school. I didn't really have a choice in going here, either. My family is basically out of luck with helping me in college, and this school is completely free, so I went. Oof. I do like my classes, though. I love my professors! I just hate the party atmosphere. If one more student tells my fiance and I that we're wasting our college years by doing "stupid things" like working our @$$3$ off to pay for a wedding or actually focusing on classes, I'll hit them.

Sorry. That was mean. **sheepishly waves a white flag**

Amen! I have to assume that if your location is Coral Gables, we're going to the same school. I'm graduating in 9 days! (but who's counting?) I can't wait to get out of here. We have one of the best marine science programs in the nation but god forbid we get any attention or monetary help. The RSMAS shuttle rarely runs so it's near impossible to have a job there and classes on main campus w/o a car. They say it's "too expensive" to run the shuttle more during the day. More expensive?! This school has what is it now? 1.3 billion dollars or so in donations?!?!

And the partying thing. Don't get me started. The football players live above me in the dorms and they play their music so loud that not only can we hear the words but our windows, doors, bed, etc shake. But they're football players, so let them do whatever they want even during finals. Ok, done venting. *Joins in the flag waving*

leilani11 said:
Amen! I have to assume that if your location is Coral Gables, we're going to the same school. I'm graduating in 9 days! (but who's counting?) I can't wait to get out of here. We have one of the best marine science programs in the nation but god forbid we get any attention or monetary help. The RSMAS shuttle rarely runs so it's near impossible to have a job there and classes on main campus w/o a car. They say it's "too expensive" to run the shuttle more during the day. More expensive?! This school has what is it now? 1.3 billion dollars or so in donations?!?!

And the partying thing. Don't get me started. The football players live above me in the dorms and they play their music so loud that not only can we hear the words but our windows, doors, bed, etc shake. But they're football players, so let them do whatever they want even during finals. Ok, done venting. *Joins in the flag waving*

Always football players... :lmao: They do get away with a lot pirate:

CaptainJackObsessed said:
Always football players... :lmao: They do get away with a lot pirate:

We don't have that problem here, the football players are actually pretty good students. I think my school doesn't accept students just bc they are good athletes, then again that could be why we only won one game this year (and that was one more than last year, :lmao: )

Alyssa88 said:
We don't have that problem here, the football players are actually pretty good students. I think my school doesn't accept students just bc they are good athletes, then again that could be why we only won one game this year (and that was one more than last year, :lmao: )

I'm at a private school...we don't win games period... :lmao: Oh well :cool1:

UGH! Apparently I've managed to fail a course that I didn't want in the first place... "Success Strategies for College"... which they FORCE us to take here... Nevermind that I've gotten like 70's in all of my other courses... Pretty bad when I can do well in all of my courses but not manage to pass one that's supposed to "teach" us how to do well in the courses... Sorry bout the vent lol

MissSpooky said:
Just poking around and came across your post. I've been stuck at a community college thinking it would be a great start and knock out some classes for cheap. It's convenient and close but it's a nightmare and I've kinda almost come to resent the whole thing. I'm even embarrassed to say I go there and regularly bash it. Just wanted to let you know someone else is disgruntled at their school too. Hopefully when I come back from my WDWCP and start at a new school for my BA it will be better! It’s just hard to keep my mind on studying when I know in a couple months I’ll be far away from here.

Yes... this is my problem in exact words.. im actually transferring next semester, hopefully it will give me the motivation im mising

I love my school, my class, and everything about it! Parking is not bad but it all depends on what kind of permit you have like I have the garage parking permit so I can park in the garage which is really nice. But I love it! And I transfered from the Community College in the Seattle area. And saved tons of money then went part time at BSU for a year until I gained residency (you don't have to pay out of state tuition if you go part time) and proved that I was going to stay in Idaho after graduation and starting next semester I'll be a full time student. Originally my tuition for next semester was going to be 6,000 dollars and some change but once I turned in my residency stuff it went down to 2,000 dollars

briar_rose_59 said:
UGH! Apparently I've managed to fail a course that I didn't want in the first place... "Success Strategies for College"... which they FORCE us to take here... Nevermind that I've gotten like 70's in all of my other courses... Pretty bad when I can do well in all of my courses but not manage to pass one that's supposed to "teach" us how to do well in the courses... Sorry bout the vent lol

I had to take it too even though I never should have had so many W's on my transcript for medical reasons. But yeah I took it in the spring and hated it but got an a. It was only for 6 weeks though and if you showed up you got an A. I missed quite a few but I think it's because I stuck out like a sore thumb in there and talked the most. He didn't want to see me again! I just hope I don't fail anything this semester finals start monday....

Jaclyn810 said:
Yes... this is my problem in exact words.. im actually transferring next semester, hopefully it will give me the motivation im mising

I need all the motivation I can get right now. I'm praying to everything and anything to let me pass all my classes this semester. I'm not above begging either. I just hope karma is on my side going into finals....

I feel bad I haven't been here in a while:sad2: I had a class that was suppose to be easier...an introduction to college life...it sucked and that was the class I worked the hardest in. I, however, got an A...if I hadn't...than my inner pirate self would have come outpirate: Other wise I got very good grades my first semester. An A, A+ and a B...:dance3: Hope everyone had a nice Holiday:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter