Anyone Else Fed up With Their College?

CaptainJackObsessed

What the Black Pearl really is...is freedom
So I am not liking my college at all, it was not a good experience so I plan on transfering to Flagler College next year. Anyone else thought their college would be different than it is? :furious: I just need to know if I am the only one who hates their college and has no school spirit. :rotfl:

Just poking around and came across your post. I've been stuck at a community college thinking it would be a great start and knock out some classes for cheap. It's convenient and close but it's a nightmare and I've kinda almost come to resent the whole thing. I'm even embarrassed to say I go there and regularly bash it. Just wanted to let you know someone else is disgruntled at their school too. Hopefully when I come back from my WDWCP and start at a new school for my BA it will be better! It’s just hard to keep my mind on studying when I know in a couple months I’ll be far away from here.

i went to a university for 2 years in minnesota and HATED it. i'm with ya, it thought it would be something completely different than it actually was. i too transfered to someplace that i am much happier at! don't worry you're not alone out there!!! just remember... Mickey loves you!!!(sorry everything is disney related with me right now....i'm going tomorrow so i have other things on my mind!!) :cool1:

I am in my 2nd year of a two year program and grow more and more disappointed with my college. It's way to expensive, all the teachers are crazy and last year we had a few unplesant incidents that the school tried to cover up. My school is very small, and almost all of the students act like they are still in high school! They gossip, spread rumores and think they are better than everyone else. I chose the school because it was close to home, but now I'm beginning to regret it...

PiratesFan said:
I am in my 2nd year of a two year program and grow more and more disappointed with my college. It's way to expensive, all the teachers are crazy and last year we had a few unplesant incidents that the school tried to cover up. My school is very small, and almost all of the students act like they are still in high school! They gossip, spread rumores and think they are better than everyone else. I chose the school because it was close to home, but now I'm beginning to regret it...

That is exactly how mine is. Most of the people are kids in the classes just going to get their parents off their back and treat it almost worst than high school. I've had to challenge a lot of things and had to drop teachers because they had no idea what they are doing. In the spring I had an astronomy teacher that they hired the day before the class started and he didn't even unwrap the book until he showed up 10 minutes late to the first night of the class. And the smoking all over the non-smoking school is one of my huge pet peeves. Even the teachers smoke right outside the door to the classrooms. I'm stuggling with my last 3 classes so I can get the heck outta here in December! When I get back from my CP I should be at my new school a CSU (cali state university) where everyone should be there for a reason other than staying in 'high school'. It will get me out of this smal town setting too that is a major problem.

I love my school, everything about it. I feel like I am getting a really well- rounded education. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else, but I do know friends from high school who have been very disappointed with their school and have transfered- one of them to my school. It is nothing to be ashamed about, its common. Just make sure you are confident about where you transfer to. Now you know some problems you have had with your college/ university so you can ensure that you would not have these problems at your new school.

Alyssa88 said:
I love my school, everything about it. I feel like I am getting a really well- rounded education. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else, but I do know friends from high school who have been very disappointed with their school and have transfered- one of them to my school. It is nothing to be ashamed about, its common. Just make sure you are confident about where you transfer to. Now you know some problems you have had with your college/ university so you can ensure that you would not have these problems at your new school.

I've been wanting to go to the school I should be transfering since last year, but I had such a good scholarship to this other school and so I chose it. The I found out it would have cost the same to live on campus of the school I like more than have to commute to the one I hate. Does that make any sense? :confused3

Yah I just transferred although i sometimes think it would have been better if I had just stayed. I am not in love with my new school either lol. I just want to hurry up and graduate so I can go on to law school which is what I really want to do. I am hoping to do the WDWCP in the spring and then decided if I want to stay at the school I a currently attending or transfer again.

That's why I'm doing the CP this spring! I'm hoping to pin down exactly what I want to do and then decide on a school to attend when I get back. I'm hoping to extend and then a year from this coming Jan starting my BA. I have my school all picked out but I need to just power through and try to get thru the last 3 classes I'm in at my horrid school right now. 2 of my teacher's are just frustrating. The one for philosophy has really bad sarcasm and gets mad at the class wondering why we just don't get it. I mean people are dropping like flies!

The college I go to now is a very good school, but it's right in the middle of the city. That makes it not-so clean and it's not a very safe place to walk around in at night. But the real reason that I'm fed up with it is the traffic!! Parking is ridiculous, I have to get to class like an hour ahead of time if I want a space (I don't live on campus anymore, used to tho).

Yeah at least at my school it's not too dangerous. There are fights over parking all the time though. They don't have any open places ever and instead tell us that we should all use the local bus to get to school. But the bus is the dangerous part of town and for those of us that don't live in the city that doesn't help matters. You must live in a pretty big area. When I get back from CP. I'll prob be going to a school with a bigger city and unfortunately that bring all the bigger city probs. (if I don't make much sense it's because I have writers block in another window of a paper due today!) :goodvibes

Spaceship Earthfan said:
The college I go to now is a very good school, but it's right in the middle of the city. That makes it not-so clean and it's not a very safe place to walk around in at night. But the real reason that I'm fed up with it is the traffic!! Parking is ridiculous, I have to get to class like an hour ahead of time if I want a space (I don't live on campus anymore, used to tho).

My school is in a pretty bad area, but I love big city life so it makes it all worth it. Parking is terrible here in Philly, and parking passes are WAY too expensive.

Spaceship Earthfan said:

I usually never have a problem finding a parking spot,but I live in a small city and my school has only like a couple thousand kids :crazy:

My school is in a fairly small town. We just about a year ago offically opened a new University and still have a the old pathetic JC. I am still going to the JC of course and when I get back from CP I'm going to be going either to the university here or somewhere else in the state. Who knows I may just end up staying in FL. But that would be a sacrifice because as expensive and crowded as CA is I love it!

The great thing was getting my fees for spring and being able to laugh because i'll be having fun at Disneyworld and not paying them since I won't be in classes here!

MissSpooky said:
My school is in a fairly small town. We just about a year ago offically opened a new University and still have a the old pathetic JC. I am still going to the JC of course and when I get back from CP I'm going to be going either to the university here or somewhere else in the state. Who knows I may just end up staying in FL. But that would be a sacrifice because as expensive and crowded as CA is I love it!

The great thing was getting my fees for spring and being able to laugh because i'll be having fun at Disneyworld and not paying them since I won't be in classes here!

:lmao: :thumbsup2 I want to do the CP

CaptainJackObsessed said:
:lmao: :thumbsup2 I want to do the CP

You should it's gonna be awesome! Scary as all get out but in a good way! I'm still waiting for the packet. If it's not here by Sat I'm gonna have a sit in. My Bday is monday and I wanna know before then!

MissSpooky said:
You should it's gonna be awesome! Scary as all get out but in a good way! I'm still waiting for the packet. If it's not here by Sat I'm gonna have a sit in. My Bday is monday and I wanna know before then!

I'll sit in with you :thumbsup2 :lmao:

hi,
I just dropped in on this board. I'm 51 years old, so I certainly don't belong on this board, except by experience. I have 2 Bachelors and an MBA. Listen up, everyone--you're not supposed to be "happy" at college. You're there to get the degree and get on with life! College is bull$hit! Its the same wherever you go! It's not there to make you happy! Its a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!!!

However, the degree is what matters! Stick with it. Don't go transferring around and lose credits, etc. Just get through it! Once you get the degree you have the means to a career, better life, etc. I know how you feel, that your college experience isn't what you expected it to be. It never is. Its just something to be endured. Believe me, they're all about the same. Hang in there and just get through. It won't last forever. Just don't go playing musical schools hoping to find the ideal situation, because it doesn't exist.

I really feel for all you college kids out there. Been there, done that. But life isn't a party. Please, just realize its a game, play it for what its worth, hang in there and get your degree. Good luck to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter