Anyone do Chef Mickeys or any other character meal WITHOUT kids?

We have a ressie for 2 at the LTT for MNSSHP on Oct 5--5:30

It'll be our only Adults Only meal and I can't wait :)
Hubby will probably be incredibly embarrassed but he's going to HAVE FUN and he's going to LIKE IT ( or else! )

We had dinner on our honeymoon at Chef M's. We were actually with another friend that night and had a great time. If you look at the photos, I am laughing so hard it looks like I am drunk.

First anniversary had lunch at Crystal Palace and loved meeting the Pooh characters (back then though Piglet wasn't around).

Several trips later and I ALWAYS have at least 1 (probably more like 4 or 5) character meals. I may be fast approaching 40, but that doesn't mean I don't want to dine with Mickey. The two of us have eaten at such character meals as the Garden Grille (2 of us and then 5 adults once), Cinderella's Royal Table (first time with 3 other adult friends and then once just us), Hollywood & Vine, Donald's Breakfast-o-saurus (you should see some of the photos of Donald kissing the 3 women in our party. Looks like he's swallowing our heads), 1900 Park Fare and hopefully in December we'll get to try LTT with 2 other friends. No kids -- well not physically. But when I get around a Disney character, I'm a kid all over again!

Mom and I have a PS for Chef Mick's for breakfast. DH and I went with the kids in March....while it was great watching the kids's reaction to the characters, it was just crazy trying to load up their plates from the buffet, load up our plates, keep our eyes out for the characters, reassuring our 5 year old that they ALL will come by, take pictures, etc., etc. We made the mistake on doing this dinner on the day we arrived---we should have done something much more low key after traveling all day and being up since 4:30. I am looking forward to just Mom and I, watching OTHER people's kiddos having a great time, and me relaxing, sipping my OJ, and being able to eat my waffle at a leisurely pace. :p I do love my kids, I really do!!

Skuttle----your baby is darling!!!

My husband and I used to go to character meals before we had our daughter. It was a lot of fun. The characters seemed pretty good at judging whether or not you were "into" the character thing. It will be fun so go and enjoy!

Awesome Awesome Awesome !!! Thanks so much everyone... and please feel free to keep posting I love reading all the positive feedback. It has definitely removed any reservation I had and hopefully once hubby2b reads this his will be gone too! Hmmmm.... maybe I'll book another one in addition to CM! :) :)

I have done character meals several times without children. My brother and I went when we were both in our teens. I have also gone with my mom when I was over 20. In two weeks my DF and I will eat several character meals. I have had no problems getting pictures or autographs from the characters even though I wasn't a little kid, either at meals or in the parks.

We (Disney D & M) & I have done character breakfasts at 1900 Park Faire at GF & Ohana at Poly without any kids. The characters do spend time at the table & pose for pictures just like they do at tables with kids. Goofy always takes time to polish Disney Dad's bald head with his napkin. LOL Dining with Disney characters is fun for everyone, even those who are young at heart.:wave:

Add DH & I to the list!!

At first, I was a little intimidated, too (what was I thinking?!?), but one trip, DH dragged me to Chef Mickey's & I was hooked. Now, it wouldn't be a Disney trip without at least one! In October, my parents will be along & so far, we've booked CRT, CP & LTT. I may just book Donald's, too, before we go - lol! Can't wait! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DH and I try to do at least 2 character meals when we go. We can't get enough of getting our picture with Mickey and the gang.

I once spoke to a CM about the "Adult kids" at the character meals. She said that the "characters" love the adults and love the challenge. Sometimes its harder to get a smile or reaction from an adult. Take my DH for example. The first couple of times he wasn't too interactive with the characters. Now he jumps up to have his photo taken with them.

What a blast! Have a great time on your trip.

Renee

:) Our "kids" now ages 20 and 22, along with my DH and myself still enjoy going to Chef Mickey's. We plan on going there for breakfast, day 1 in February.

Hubby and I did Chef Mickey's last year while we were down for his 30th birthday and just loved it!

I got "bonked" on the head because Pluto wouldn't stop licking :tongue: me! Then Minnie tried to run off with my husband, but she did try and give me Mickey :earsboy: ! Hubby say's the reason why she wanted him was because of the super short haircut and his "manly" body! :rolleyes: - He said she was tired of her mouse and wanted a man :p ! Anything to make his ego bigger :teeth:

You will love it! Hubby decided at 7 p.m. on Monday that he wanted to go Tuesday morning (we were leaving Tues. morning)! So I called PS and got a seating for 7:30 a.m. - The place was very peaceful - hardly anyone there and alot of one on one character time! (Chip was trying to show up my husband by flexing his muscles) It was great! We are going this year on 09/23 and taking my SIL and our two nieces (it will be their birthday that day) and my hubby requested Chef Mickeys! (Aren't they all kids, no matter what their age?)

You will love it!

Tifany

My DH and I have been to the world 3 times with no kids. We went for our 1st anniversary, right after our Ds was born and right after our DD was born. Now they are almost 1 and 3 and we decided to take them. We ate the Garden Grill and loved it! We are both young at heart...or big kids. The characters were wonderful and interacted woth us just as much as the kids that were there! It was great fun and I would proudly do it again!:wave:

Does anyone find there's a difference between the characters in full costume versus one's whose faces are exposed? For some reason, I feel weird about seeing Cinderella or Peter Pan, but Mickey and Minnie don't phase me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get there.

Originally posted by goudaman40
He said she was tired of her mouse and wanted a man :p ! Anything to make his ego bigger :teeth:

ROFL! That is too funny :)

Hey this is great!... keep 'em coming folks!

I love the character meals without the kids. I get to play more! Last August we went to Donald's Breakfastosaurus, with DH sporting one of his many Donald shirts (they share the name). Mickey was not too pleased, but Donald loved it!

This August we're doing the Crystal Palace before e-night. I need to add Piglet to my autograph book.

I also stand in line for signatures, especially villians. Great time with Jafar pantomiming that Malificient stunk!!

My DW and I do this all the time and we're DINKS (Double Income, No Kids). We've been to CM's, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Buffet, CP, LTT, etc. We always try to do a couple of character meals each visit. It's great to meet the characters and some of them seem to get a kick out of a couple of adults goofing around with them! :p We always have a blast and highly recommend it.

We tried Hollywood and Vine (not offered anymore) for breakfast and loved it so much that we tried Crystal Palace and loved that also. I had the Minnie bride headband and the characters had a lot of fun with that.

This time we were going to try to get one of the Princess breakfast; I have the same question as someone else - does anyone feel funny with the "face" characters? I'm afraid I'll feel strange but am hoping that once I'm there it will be too much fun.

Have a great honeymoon!!

diswedwish & maidmarion -

I felt the same way about the 'face' characters at first & DH definitely wanted no part of it. I wanted to have breakfast in the castle for so long, but was a little leery of it, fearing it would be a bit awkward/strange. How silly that was!!

So far, we've done the breakfast 3 times & will be returning this October. As a matter of fact, it's hubby's favorite meal. (hmmm...I can't imagine why it's the ONE place he always wants his picture taken - with Jasmine! lol)

Anyway, each of the princesses (as well as Prince Charming, Peter Pan, etc) always come right over, prepared with conversation - there's nothing strange or awkward about it - as a matter of fact, I find this meal to be the most 'magical!' Go and have fun! You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter